Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

I asked this in the Claudia Schiffer thread. Have Heidi and Claudia EVER been photographed together? They've been at several of the same events but I have yet to see a pic of them together. Or is there some animosity? I would have imagined that two of Germany's biggest models would at least been asked to be photographed together.

I've never seen them together. I don't think there is animosity, since I read somewhere that Heidi admired Claudia when she was growing up. Heidi also said that it was unfair to compare her to Claudia, since they are two different people.

My guess is they are from different generations of models, are involved in different things, and haven't crossed paths much.

I think so too

Translation of a an article from German GALA magazine's website:

http://www.gala.de/talk/topstory/4694.html

"You will set a trend in Germany"

The hard training of the last few months was worth it. With pride, Heidi Klum presents "Germany's Next Top Model" Barbara Meier and is certain: the student appears fit to handle the real world of modeling.

The glamour is quickly gone. It is hardly ten minutes since Barbara at MMC Studios in Cologne was named "Germany's Next Top Model" where the confetti streamers that fell on her red hair have already been swept away. Hard work is now underway: a photoshoot, interview, press conference, appearance with Stefan Raab and after-show party at the Marriott Hotel. The 20-year-old mathematics student from Regensburg hardly had time even for her parents, Gisela and Albert Meier, and for the many fans that travelled the seven hours by bus from her old homeland of Amberg - still in their work clothes. For the 1,74 m tall beauty, the one selected by the Pro-7 show out of 16,000 applicants, a new life began on that Thursday. And perhaps also a big career. That is what not only cheif judge Heidi Klum but also fellow judge and make-up artist Boris Entrup believes, with her "allure, class, style and grace". "You have made red hair the new trend in Germany", Entrup says. Barbara herself remains calm in this chaos and smiles softly, happy about the cover of Cosmopolitan, middle-class vehicle and contract with C & A. Also, with Heidi Klum for an interview with GALA directly after the show, she appears comfortably reserved.

Gala: Heidi, why do we sit here with Barbara as the winner and not with Hana or Anni?

Heidi: The judges found that Barbara has what it takes to be a top model and that she could be internationally successfull. They did not make any snide comments about the competitors when the other two were also super. But Barbara was better at few things.

Gala: Where do her strengths lie?

Heidi: She has many. The noticeable red hair is naturally one, although I don't want to keep emphasizing that again and again. She has more than that: beautiful eyes, a super beautiful smile, great body and facial expressions. She has brains. Many models work like robots, but with her, one sees a small smile, there is simply someone at home. She is clever, and that is very important in this job. It is a hard business, not just larifari (?).

Gala: Barbara, what do prefer: being called pretty or being called sly?

Barbara: They are both beautiful. Perhaps, if someone were to say she is sly although she is beautiful. It is a shame that there is this stereotype that all pretty women are dumb. At the same time this show showed that many students applied themselves to be models.

Gala: When someone studies mathematics like you, they probably are counted as an intelligent woman. Does that person have the feeling in a show like this to have to bend herself?

Barbara: I did not have to adjust. When I am reserved, then I stop myself, I don't allow myself to change.

Gala: Heidi, would you like to trade places with the winner to once again be at the start of your career?

Heidi: No, not at all. I already went my way and had a lot of fun, which I still do. I had the most different jobs and travelled around the world. During which, I found my dream man and started a family with him. It is better for me to not do it all again.

Gala: Does Barbara stand to have a harder modeling life than in your day?

Heidi: The competition has become much bigger. Of course, many girls want to make this job, but only a few make it to the top. At castings, 40 girls sometimes fight for the same job. But it was hard at that time and today it is also hard.

Gala: What are the three most important peices of advice you would give to Barbara?

Heidi: The most important thing is to have fun and make sure your heart is always in it. Without the fun, you wouldn't get the most beautiful jobs, since they would see it in your face. Second tip: I would travel away from Germany for a while, if I wanted an international career. Do not rest on your laurels. You must go to interviews. Pack your suitcase, go away and look to do whatever you can manage. And third: Stay grounded. So many are elevated. You must look at it as a job, a terrific job that you can use to see a lot, learn a lot and make good money.

The whole interview can be seen in the newest issue of GALA.