Bellazon

Eva Longoria
Thumbnail

sha

Eva's old house in the trendy Los Feliz section of Los Angeles....

now if this is trendy in LA, what's ugly?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Los Feliz is considered "trendy" in L.A. by realtors trying to sell you in on the neighborhood's undisputed charm. It's as close to an actual no-nonsense village/community type as you'll find in L.A. (particularly this far "east" on the map).

As to the house, well, there are thousands like this in L.A. (don't think it's all Bubbly Hills around here)! :fun:

there was a time when los feliz was trendy....there was hollywood hills and los feliz....unless there is another los feliz and i dont know about it but the los feliz im thinking about is right next to hollywood hills which in turn connects to glendale.

there was a time when los feliz was trendy....there was hollywood hills and los feliz....unless there is another los feliz and i dont know about it but the los feliz im thinking about is right next to hollywood hills which in turn connects to glendale.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct. And there is no other.

It's still a pleasant neighborhood, with little shops, restaurants and gasp! :shock: people walking around on the sidewalks. :p

so the shops are cute but the houses are ugly? is that it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little bit of both actually, like Neo says. There are some side streets, particularly on the east side, where housing is affordable (rentals, like the one you saw), and there are much nicer houses (for sale only) further up on the hill (Los Feliz goes up the eastern flank of the Hollywood Hills, towards Griffith Park and Observatory).

I also lived in the (west) Hollywood Hills a few years ago, and there too (and also in posh Brentwood where I live now) the L.A. tradition of mixing nice, ultra-nice, mega-nice and crappy homes (sometimes next to each other, though not too frequently) is alive and well.

So Los Feliz IS a nice neighborhood, despite its proximity to east L.A., Glendale, downtown, etc. I think it is considered a Greek neighborhood, if I'm not mistaken (Neo?), much like Glendale is an Armenian town.

To wrap up my dissertation (sorry!), I'd like to add that it is not surprising even someone as famous (now) as Eva Longoria lived in such an unimpressive house. Fortunes come and go (up and down) in show business (acting particularly), and lots of actors (and musicians) have more than modest housing accomodations while they strive to break in the business. Actors and musicians simply do not get paid as regally as most people assume (top tier excepted).