Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

For some reason, I like her more in the La Senza shots, than in most of the VS shots.

Yeah i don't really like her but the La senza shots are amazing!

You don't like KK? :blink: :laugh:

No...I mean i don't necessary dislike her ,but i don't like her either lol...There's just something i don't like about her i don't know what! But she is a great model absolutely!

have you all seen this?

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Answer/index.jsp?id=99&num=3

i'm not hating, i swear. i actually adore KK. but it's just pointing out how the term "supermodel" is kinda dead yet still overused nowadays. i just ran into it while i was on eonline.

but like i said, i adore karolina. i actually liker her more than gisele. gisele's got the hot bod. but i just like KK's style and personality more. just saying. :whistle: :blush:

Edited by hanie

hey -- i actually agree with what they're posting.

in terms of the definition of "Supermodel" that came from Naomi, Cindy, Christy, Linda, Claudia --- there really are only Kate and Gisele since then. Tyra & Heidi are exceptions to the rule because they really turned their modelling success into more commercial things that is where they gained most of their fame.

Eva Herzigova is an international celebrity, she's famous around the world and she is STILL working, but she isn't a household name. She rarely gives interviews or is on talk shows. She's a top model, for certain! A top model who's been on top for like 15 years!! But, is she a "SUPERmodel", as defined in relation to "The Trinity" and Cindy, Claudia?? No, I suppose not.

And neither is KK. Sure, absolutely everyone in the fashion industry knows her, but she's certainly not a household name all over the world like say, Gisele.

That's not to say that she'll never be. She is the closest thing to being a true SUPER that the fashion industry has right now. She has the gorgeous, curvy body, the big blonde hair, the legs for miles, and most importantly -- she has that contagious personality. Everyone who meets her loves her. Those are all qualities of the Supermodels.

We'll see where she's at in the next year. She's got the VS contract which will bring her face and name to all the teenage boys. She's doing a movie as well, which will get her on more talk shows and premiers. We'll be seeing a LOT more KK in the next 12 months and then my bet is that she'll be included as a true SUPER, and the only one to come since Gisele.

in terms of the definition of "Supermodel" that came from Naomi, Cindy, Christy, Linda, Claudia --- there really are only Kate and Gisele since then. Tyra & Heidi are exceptions to the rule because they really turned their modelling success into more commercial things that is where they gained most of their fame.

Eva Herzigova is an international celebrity, she's famous around the world and she is STILL working, but she isn't a household name. She rarely gives interviews or is on talk shows. She's a top model, for certain! A top model who's been on top for like 15 years!! But, is she a "SUPERmodel", as defined in relation to "The Trinity" and Cindy, Claudia?? No, I suppose not.

And neither is KK. Sure, absolutely everyone in the fashion industry knows her, but she's certainly not a household name all over the world like say, Gisele.

That's not to say that she'll never be. She is the closest thing to being a true SUPER that the fashion industry has right now. She has the gorgeous, curvy body, the big blonde hair, the legs for miles, and most importantly -- she has that contagious personality. Everyone who meets her loves her. Those are all qualities of the Supermodels.

We'll see where she's at in the next year. She's got the VS contract which will bring her face and name to all the teenage boys. She's doing a movie as well, which will get her on more talk shows and premiers. We'll be seeing a LOT more KK in the next 12 months and then my bet is that she'll be included as a true SUPER, and the only one to come since Gisele.

KK alway has been considerd a supermodel as far as i know

KK alway has been considerd a supermodel as far as i know

um nope. Happy Canadian explained it really well. The term supermodel is way overused today. There really have been no supermodels since Gisele. While KK can be considered a top model (in that she has achieved a good deal of success in the modeling industry) she is NOT a supermodel. Not unless you change the meaning of the word.

Happy Canadian pretty much explained both terms but to clarify:

Supermodels are household names. They're larger than life. They are pretty much celebrities in and of themselves. They're not ONLY at the top of their game but they're well known for it.

A top model is a model who's been extremely successful in the industry, however, she's generally not known outside of the industry except by those interested in fashion and modelling.

Edited by OriginalSin

exactly --- and i feel like Gisele is a "SUPERMODEL" and someone like Daria is a "TOPMODEL".

however, KK falls somewhere in between. she's definitely far more widely known than a Daria or Gemma, (as is evidenced by her public appearances on talkshows, late night shows, entertainment specials, etc) but she's still not truly a household name like Heidi, Gisele, Kate, etc.

as i said before, though, she just needs a public relationship (a la Leo DiCaprio) or movie role (a la Taxi) to go with her big VS contract to move rather easily into the upper echelon of Supermodels. And she has a movie role coming up and her VS contract has only just started, so we're sure to see much more of her in the coming year.

Whether KK is a household name or not, she was a supermodel from day one. In her first year of modeling (whenever that was) she made millions....And a couple of years ago she was getting more exposure than gisele, who I might add, Is NOT a household name. Neither is adriana for that matter...They are page 3 news, but all three are supermodels.

My question is: how come those topmodels in the late 80s and early 90s became household names even with people not interested in fashion?

You could argue that with some crossovers in popular culture (the NTM shows, the VSFS) today's topmodels have more of an exposure with the non-fashion aficionados than they did back then.

Whether KK is a household name or not, she was a supermodel from day one. In her first year of modeling (whenever that was) she made millions....And a couple of years ago she was getting more exposure than gisele, who I might add, Is NOT a household name. Neither is adriana for that matter...They are page 3 news, but all three are supermodels.

I think Gisele is the only one who fits the supermodel bill, mostly because her relationship with Leonardo Di Caprio made her a lot more known with the general public than any other model today.

My question is: how come those topmodels in the late 80s and early 90s became household names even with people not interested in fashion?

That's a very good question. No doubt Cindy Crawford was a household name even before her movie or exercise vids. Honestly I have no clue.

And I don't think that Di Caprio fling made gisele a supermodel. She was one. That really shouldn't be the criteria in what makes a supermodel. Cindy was huge way before Richard Gere. I think, there are just many more beauties now, than back then. There were only a handful then. And now, you can't even make a top ten lists without leaving someone out.

I believe "supermodel" is reserved for, the best in the business, most popular, biggest earners, most in demand, and so forth... And I think there are just more of them, like you said, with angels across america and vs shows etc... promoting them. You can't single out one or two, like back then.

That's a very good question. No doubt Cindy Crawford was a household name even before her movie or exercise vids. Honestly I have no clue.

And I don't think that Di Caprio fling made gisele a supermodel. She was one. That really shouldn't be the criteria in what makes a supermodel. Cindy was huge way before Richard Gere. I think, there are just many more beauties now, than back then. There were only a handful then. And now, you can't even make a top ten lists without leaving someone out.

I believe "supermodel" is reserved for, the best in the business, most popular, biggest earners, most in demand, and so forth... And I think there are just more of them, like you said, with angels across america and vs shows etc... promoting them. You can't single out one or two, like back then.

i belive that supermodel is a model which can fit in to any moment

in which case kk is that model what ever designer will put on kk on runway or photo shoot

she looks perfect

and sometimes it might even seem like she has escaped from that moment