Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

KK news - just spotted this 2 mins ago!! From the movie blog IESB.net:

IESB Exclusive: G.I. Joe's Cover Girl Revealed!

The IESB broke the casting of Storm Shadow, Zartan and Destro. We've brought you solid news on G.I. Joe thus far and are going to add one more to the mix, Cover Girl Revealed!

Czech Supermodel Karolína Isela Kurková will be bringing Courtney A. Kreiger, better known as Cover Girl, to the big screen in Paramount Pictures' live action adaptation of the Hasbro toy line.

Fitting that Kurková is best known for her modeling in the Victoria Secret Angels ad campaign (to quote Borat "NIIICE!") considering Cover Girl was a highly successful fashion model from Peoria, Illinois who graced the covers of countless magazines. She soon found the world of modeling unfulfilling and joined the army to seek out new challenges in life in order to prove she was much more than just a pretty face.

So now you know.

And knowing is….well, you know.

Karolína Kurková joins David Murray (Destro), Dennis Quaid (Hawk), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan), Channing Tatum (Duke), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live action G.I Joe directed by Stephen Sommers set to be released August 7, 2009.

Want to know more backstory on the character?

Here's more,

Her beauty made her something of a fantasy object among many Joes, most notably Shipwreck and Clutch. Although she manages a playful flirtation with Shipwreck, Cover Girl was repulsed by Clutch's blatantly chauvinistic personality, and she continually rejected his advances, only to be confounded at how good a team they made in the heat of battle.

Cover Girl has yet achieve the prominence of female Joes Scarlett or Lady Jaye, but she became a popular recurring character in both the animated G.I. Joe series and the comic books. When she first appeared in the MASS Device miniseries, she sported long blonde hair and blue eyes, and was dressed in regular green military fatigues with yellow accents. During this initial adventure, Cover Girl's personality was pointedly feminine, although she proved herself a formidable agent when she saved the day (and the lives of many Joes) during a deadly crisis (with the help of Snake-Eyes' pet wolf, Timber).

Cover Girl did not have much of a love life in either the cartoon or the comic book, but the cartoon occasionally implied that she had a crush on Duke. According to the cartoon's writer's guide, she was originally intended to be in a relationship with Thunder. It was revealed in Issue #20 of G.I. Joe: America's Elite that she was dating Shipwreck, much to the jealousy of Clutch. Cover Girl appeared with Shipwreck in the recent comic "G.I. Joe Special Missions: Brazil".

In her appearances following the five episodes of the first G.I. Joe mini-series, Cover Girl's long, blond hair was suddenly short and brownish-red (resembling Scarlett's in color and style, albeit without a ponytail). Her eye color even changed (she now had brown eyes), and she wore a mostly beige uniform with a brown leather jacket. Her personality had changed as well stressing a more tomboy attitude. (Note: It is unclear if the animated series featured two different characters named Cover Girl, or if the character had simply been re-designed to match the action figure released by Hasbro.) - Wikipedia

covergirlside.jpg

KK news - just spotted this 2 mins ago!! From the movie blog IESB.net:

IESB Exclusive: G.I. Joe's Cover Girl Revealed!

The IESB broke the casting of Storm Shadow, Zartan and Destro. We've brought you solid news on G.I. Joe thus far and are going to add one more to the mix, Cover Girl Revealed!

Czech Supermodel Karolína Isela Kurková will be bringing Courtney A. Kreiger, better known as Cover Girl, to the big screen in Paramount Pictures' live action adaptation of the Hasbro toy line.

Fitting that Kurková is best known for her modeling in the Victoria Secret Angels ad campaign (to quote Borat "NIIICE!") considering Cover Girl was a highly successful fashion model from Peoria, Illinois who graced the covers of countless magazines. She soon found the world of modeling unfulfilling and joined the army to seek out new challenges in life in order to prove she was much more than just a pretty face.

So now you know.

And knowing is….well, you know.

Karolína Kurková joins David Murray (Destro), Dennis Quaid (Hawk), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan), Channing Tatum (Duke), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live action G.I Joe directed by Stephen Sommers set to be released August 7, 2009.

Want to know more backstory on the character?

Here's more,

Her beauty made her something of a fantasy object among many Joes, most notably Shipwreck and Clutch. Although she manages a playful flirtation with Shipwreck, Cover Girl was repulsed by Clutch's blatantly chauvinistic personality, and she continually rejected his advances, only to be confounded at how good a team they made in the heat of battle.

Cover Girl has yet achieve the prominence of female Joes Scarlett or Lady Jaye, but she became a popular recurring character in both the animated G.I. Joe series and the comic books. When she first appeared in the MASS Device miniseries, she sported long blonde hair and blue eyes, and was dressed in regular green military fatigues with yellow accents. During this initial adventure, Cover Girl's personality was pointedly feminine, although she proved herself a formidable agent when she saved the day (and the lives of many Joes) during a deadly crisis (with the help of Snake-Eyes' pet wolf, Timber).

Cover Girl did not have much of a love life in either the cartoon or the comic book, but the cartoon occasionally implied that she had a crush on Duke. According to the cartoon's writer's guide, she was originally intended to be in a relationship with Thunder. It was revealed in Issue #20 of G.I. Joe: America's Elite that she was dating Shipwreck, much to the jealousy of Clutch. Cover Girl appeared with Shipwreck in the recent comic "G.I. Joe Special Missions: Brazil".

In her appearances following the five episodes of the first G.I. Joe mini-series, Cover Girl's long, blond hair was suddenly short and brownish-red (resembling Scarlett's in color and style, albeit without a ponytail). Her eye color even changed (she now had brown eyes), and she wore a mostly beige uniform with a brown leather jacket. Her personality had changed as well stressing a more tomboy attitude. (Note: It is unclear if the animated series featured two different characters named Cover Girl, or if the character had simply been re-designed to match the action figure released by Hasbro.) - Wikipedia