Bellazon

Tarja Turunen
Thumbnail

Christopher

facts-tarja.jpg

Name: Tarja Turunen

Date of birth: 17th of August 1977

Place of residence: Helsinki, Finland

Musical background: Tarja started singing with the help of her teacher and took private piano lessons when she was in lower grades of the basic school. When she was in the upper grades of the basic school she started playing flute in a music college. After the upper grades Tarja started music high school in Savonlinna with classical singing and music theater as her major. Then she went to Sibelius Academy to study church music. At the moment she is specializing in classical singing.

Actually Tarja is looking for a new band since she has been sacked from Nightwish

Favorite...

Food: Chicken

Drink: Dry, gentle red wine

Movie: The Gladiator

Music: All kind of music from classical to hard rock

Director: Ridley Scott

TV-program: I don't watch TV a lot, but I watch the news and best movies on the weekend

Actor/Actress: Russell Crowe

Book: RT

Author: Mika Waltari

Band: It's hard to name the best one. There's a lot of good bands.

Album: Gladiator soundtrack

Song: Von ewiger Liebe by Brahms

Season: Spring

Our best gig: Our South-American tour as a whole

Best gig you have seen: The opera Norma in Col

Tarja was kicked out of Nightwish! (This post originaly posted by Pierre Tombale on other forum)

The following open letter was posted to the official website:

Dear Tarja,

It`s time to choose whether the story of Nightwish ends here or whether it will still continue an undetermined period of time. We`ve been working with this creation for 9 years and we are not ready to give up yet. Nightwish is a way of life, something to live for, and we`re certain we can`t let it go.

Equally certain is the fact that we cannot go on with you and Marcelo any longer. During the last year something sad happened, which I`ve been going over in my head every single day, morning and night. Your attitude and behavior don`t go with Nightwish anymore. There are characteristics I would never have believed to see in my old dear friend.

People who don`t talk with each other for a year do not belong in the same band.

We are involved in an industry where the business-side of things is a necessary evil and something to worry about all the time. We are also a band which has always done music from the heart, because of friendship and the music itself. The mental satisfaction should always be more important than money! Nightwish is a band, it`s an emotion.

To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to do with those emotions have become much more important. You feel that you have sacrificed yourself and your musical career for Nightwish, rather than thinking what it has given to you.

This attitude was clearly shown to me in the two things you said to me in an airplane in Toronto: ”I don`t need Nightwish anymore.” and ”Remember, Tuomas, that I could leave this band at any time, giving you only one day`s warning in advance”.

I can`t simply write any more songs for you to sing.

You have said yourself that you are merely a ”guest musician” in Nightwish. Now that visit ends and we will continue Nightwish with a new female vocalist.

We`re sure this is an equally big relief to you as it is for us. We have all been feeling bad long enough.

You told us that no matter what, the next Nightwish album will be your last one. However, the rest of us want to continue as long as the fire burns. So there`s no sense in doing that next album with you, either.

The four of us have been going over this situation countless times and we have realized that this is the thing we want to do in life. It

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...