Bellazon

Gemma Ward
Thumbnail

rosada

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG :woot: :woot: :woot: :chicken:

Pirate tale for Gemma Ward

"IT'S been a while since we've heard from supermodel turned actor Gemma Ward, but rest assured, her career is definitely on the up.

We can reveal exclusively the stunning blonde has signed on for a role in the latest Pirates Of The Caribbean film (:woot:).

Starring Johnny Depp, Megan Fox, Penelope Cruz and Geoffrey Rush, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides begins filming in Hawaii this week.

Ward won't shoot her scenes until August, playing a mermaid in the blockbuster action adventure.

It's a small speaking part for Ward, but provides a clear indication of where she is heading with her career."Gemma's focus is definitely on acting," said a friend, who did not want to be named. "She's spent the past year studying the craft full time in New York."

With no new developments in her modelling life, Perth-born Ward was keen to point out last year she hadn't written off that side of her career.

"I haven't quit modelling and my fans back home can expect to see me back at work modelling - and acting - in the new year," she said.

At the time, Ward's mother, Claire, said the Vogue cover girl had decided to remain based in the US and was considering enrolling at Yale University to study drama.

Ward, 22, began modelling at 14, discovered by a scout for her wide-eyed look and doll-like features.

She enjoyed a meteoric rise to the top of the business and remains one of Australia's most successful models, having appeared on the cover of more than 30 issues of Vogue magazine around the world and starred in campaigns for high-profile brands including Prada, Balenciaga, Hermes, Jil Sander and Louis Vuitton.

But she turned her main focus to acting in 2008, starring in the critically acclaimed Aussie film The Black Balloon, alongside Toni Collette, Rhys Wakefield and Erik Thomson. She subsequently appeared in the US horror flick The Strangers, with Liv Tyler.

Last year, Ward was rumoured to have been flagged by The Black Balloon writer Jimmy Jack to star in the film Zombie: Sex, Brains And Rock'n'Roll, based on his screenplay, but there has been no further mention of her involvement in the project.

We can't wait to see Ward back in the spotlight again."

dailytelegraph.com.au

OMG so excited, I miss her so much! Glad to see she's got something coming out, and that's a huge franchise, hopefully it gets her some more notice in the film industry! At least in North America, Black Balloon, didn't really have a big release.. actually not sure if it was released in North America at all, good movie but it was hard to find :( She was great though!

I'm not going to expect too much from her role in 'Pirates', a small speaking role can just be a single scene which may not end up in the end product but in the deleted scenes, but I am very excited for her future in film!

Thanks for the pics. Beautiful girl.

Anothers info for her appearance on Pirates 4:

Gemma Ward Swims into Pirates Of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Australian newspaper The Courier Mail (spotted by the local boys at Moviehole) is reporting that Australian supermodel turned actress Gemma Ward will be joining Johnny Depp and fellow Aussie Geoffrey Rush in Rob Marshall's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which is currently shooting in Hawaii.

The 23-year-old Perth-born model, who quite ironically had her beauty covered in a doll mask in Bryan Bertino's The Strangers and previously appeared in the Australian drama The Black Balloon, will be joining French actress Astrid Bergès-Frisbey as a mermaid in the movie, which is scheduled for release on May 20, 2011 in 2D and 3D theaters. It will only be a small speaking role.

That''s great news! :nicole:

And a role as a mermaid fits her so well, she'll look beautiful :magic:

Now atleast I have a reason to not fall asleep during the movie, like with all the other Pirates movies :rofl::whistle: