Bellazon

Cory Bond
Thumbnail

liika

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interview with Cory

First off, it seems models are always from lesser-known places. Where are you from?

I am from a tiny town near Nashville called Bethpage.

What was it like growing up there? It seems there might not be a lot of things to do.

Growing up there in the countryside there was lots to do! We liked to go camping and fishing. We always lived near water and had a boat. I learned to water-ski at 7 years old! We also have had horses most of my life, and I love to ride them. They have such a great spirit.

Sounds beautiful but worlds away from New York City! Being a transplant to the city, what would you tell someone who is brand-new to the city?

Don't feel like you have to go out every single night just because it's NYC. You will only wear yourself out that is, you will look old way too soon.

When did you start modeling?

I started modeling in 1998. I was scouted at ProScout.

I would say that's quite the career. The modeling world isn't necessarily known for offering much longevity. What has gotten you through the tough days?

Mostly just having a good family base. I have great parents and a wonderful brother. They have given me great advice and sometimes money [laughs] when I needed it, which I really appreciated considering the fact that I know that they really didn't have it to give. They have also given me an amazing head start by giving me the perfect last name, Bond. Thanks, Dad! That helps!

We always hear about models jetting off to exotic locales. Is that one of the perks of the job?

I have been very lucky to have seen many amazing places, places that I would have never seen had I not had this amazing job. One of the most incredible places was near Panama. It is where the Kuna Indians live, on this series of about 300 small islands on the Pacific side of Panama. We flew out by private plane to a small island airstrip for three days in a row. We shot on several of the islands, and we had two huge yachts and two helicopters there. One helicopter flew over us filming a party scene there on an island. It was a huge production!

Wow, not exactly your usual 9-to-5. Worst part about the job?

Waiting to hear about jobs and not being able to plan things more than a week out. The best way to get a big job is to make plans with all your friends, pay for the hotel and airfare, and pack your bags. You can bet that you will be offered the best modeling job of your career that way. It never fails.

Ha! That said, during the waiting, what do you do to stay in shape? Do you watch what you eat or drink before a big shoot day?

I like to go and do Bikram yoga the day before body shoots. Or drink a lot of alcohol both are very dehydrating and make you look ripped! [laughs] No, no, Bikram is your best bet if you want to still look great and not have a hangover. I go Bikram!

We hear of models often dabbling in photography or acting at some point in their careers. Do either of those pique your interest?

I like photography. I think I may become a photography rep. I love acting and have done some, but I'd most likely just become the best waiter you've ever had if I go that route. We will see.

Sure you're genetically blessed, but was there ever a moment when your looks worked against you?

When I was trying to go to London for the third time in a month saying that I was a tourist. The immigration agent wasn't buying it. I'm a legal beagle now.

• 3 weeks later...

5 questions with Cory Bond

A song that makes your heart skip a beat?

"True Love Waits" by Radiohead is a song that I can never pass up listening to.

If your life were a film it would be?

My life in a movie would be a weird mix of several movies:

"Deliverance", "O Brother Where Art Thou", "Fight Club", "Party Monster", "Zoolander", "Good Will Hunting", and "Beauty and the Beast"

The last film you watched that made you cry?

"A Time To Kill" Samuel Jackson, Sandra Bullock, and Matthew McConaughey did a fine job on this film.

If you were looking to impress a date or partner which signature dish of yours would you cook?

Rosemary Chicken with potatoes!

A guilty pleasure of yours you can't seem to quit?

My guilty pleasure is SLEEPING. I sleep more than just about anyone I know and I love it! I still get tons of work done but I love naps.

Thanks Bond.

• 2 weeks later...