Bellazon

Codie Young
Thumbnail

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I published her in my new faces project of All about Models - You can read there the whole story:

http://www.allaboutmodels.tv/all-about-mod...ew-faces-fw-11/

allaboutmodelstopnewfac.jpg

Name: Codie Young

Agencies: Busy Models (Australia), DNA Model Management (New York), Viva Model Management (London + Paris) and Why Not Models (Milan)

Height / Measurements: 178cm / 81-60-86

Shows: 30

All about Models top new face F/W 11 number 8

COACD's Top Ten FW11

post-31828-0-1446187098-71881_thumb.jpg

twitter.com/COACD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Style.com: Top Ten New Faces

03muc.jpg

Codie Young (DNA)

With heavy-lidded, dreamy eyes, this 18-year-old from down under is already a local phenom with several Vogue Australia appearances under her belt. Picked to open Marni, Codie also showed up at Chanel and Rodarte, where she worked the prairie girl look to perfection. Here at Style.com, we're calling her Gemma Ward 2.0.

Top 10 Newcomer FW 11: Codie Young Models.com

As the post-shows editorial cycle kicks in its clear a select circle of girls are set to have significant visibility in the upcoming months. One such standard bearer is Codie Young the newcomer who smashed through a 39 show debut season. This girl has been logging studio time virtually every day in the past two weeks and that is the sure sign of success.

post-31828-1301593526_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although it's taken me a while, I've grown quite impartial to her. She has a unique, yet stunning look. And when she actually smiles... :heart:

She has a blog here, which she tries to update regularly. And here's an interview with her; Her personality is so much like mine. Probably another reason she's grown on me.

Meet the New Girl: Codie Young Ate Pancakes Backstage at Chanel

At the age of 16, Codie Young was discovered while shopping with friends at a local mall in Australia. Initially, Young decided to hold off on modeling until she finished her primary education. That was until the doe-eyed model was summoned by Australian Vogue's Kirstie Clements to shoot the magazine's October 2010 cover. Now 18, the Amedeo Modigliani enthusiast (seriously, you should hear her go on about him) opened for Marni's fall 2011 collection and modeled for Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, and Chanel. We met with Young last week to talk about her love for Beacon's Closet, pawpaw ointment, and her irrational fear of injections.

Tell me about your childhood and how you got discovered.

For most of my childhood I lived in a really small town, but then I moved to the Sunshine Coast when I was 8. I had a really great childhood, actually. I have one older sister and one younger, so I'm the middle child; the best child! My discovery story is pretty typical. A year and a half ago I got scouted by Summer Fisher while I was shopping with my friends.

Before your major breakthrough this February, you modeled successfully in Australia. How did that prepare you for New York, Milan, and Paris?

I actually didn't do that much work in Australia because I wanted to finish high school first. I got an Australian Vogue exclusive for six months, so that worked out well. I also went to Tokyo for six weeks, so that was what really prepared me for New York Fashion Week, as I worked really hard while I was there.

What do your friends and family think of your success?

I think a lot of people expected me to change, but I'm still the same person. And of course there are always those people who are extra nice to you afterwards, but it's whatever, I pay no mind to them. They didn't like me yesterday; little do they know that I'm still the person I was then.

Judging by what you're wearing right now, you seem pretty stylish. Where do you get your style inspirations?

I don't think I'm particularly inspired by anything or anyone really. I don

• 2 weeks later...