Nefertiti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-31828-0-1446022195-03497_thumb.jpg

"Times Square is so big!" gushes the lovely new model visiting our offices, a Lithuanian import known simply as Rasa Z. "It took me one hour to find the Vogue offices, and none of the tourists knew where it was! But that’s how it goes in New York." Rest assured, dear reader, she made it—and in more ways than one. Despite a rocky start, Raza, it seems, is making quite a name for herself in the fashion world. She first tried her luck at modeling at the age of 14 in a hometown open call ("They didn’t pick me!" she laments) and four years later, her big sister secretly submitted a few snapshots of Rasa to a local agency. Within days Rasa was packed off to Milan where she turned a few heads— including that of photographer Steven Meisel with whom she worked. "I am so glad she did that," she says of her her sister’s covert good deed. "I will always remember."

—Chelsea Zalopany

Provenance: Kedainiai, Lithuania

What she’s wearing: The Row t-shirt, vintage floral shorts, belt, oxfords and shoulder bag (all found in Lithuania).

Vogue.com