Bellazon

Nicola Haffmans
Thumbnail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An old Interview:

Nicola, as introduction for the interview, tell us where you are from and about the way you started out as model?

I’m from Venlo, a little city in the south of Holland – close to the German border. I had quite a tough start modelling here, did two model competitions but I guess I am a bit too particular for the Dutch market. So I went abroad and things slowly started to come up!

Is it true that models are allowed to keep some of the clothes from jobs, sometimes? If so, what was the most beautiful piece of clothing you've been given?

Haha yes, but don’t make it sound like it’s a present; it’s during the shows that clients give you clothes, mostly as a form of payment. I got some fantastic things. One of my favorite pieces would be a Herve Leger dress, also because Lubov is a super nice kickass woman. So I’m extra proud to wear it.

As I told you before, we totally fell in love with your look at Lanvin in Paris. What is it like to be booked for this high profile show as a Newcomer?

Lanvin was fantastic and I’m so flattered they wanted me for their show! Lovely people to work with!

Models do hundreds of castings during fashion week and then only get a few shows in the end - especially Newbies. Do you take it personal or do you try to keep a distance between you as person and your job in general, if you don't book a job?

I just go to castings to meet nice people and maybe make some friends – I’m friend with a lot of girls so it’s really not so bad. I just make my day nice for what it is, and that's it.

A lot of people say you're a mixture of Katrin Thormann & Aline Weber. What do you think of this comparison?

Uhm what is there to say. THANK YOU? Hehe

Let's talk about your editorial for MC Italy, June 2009 issue. Where was it photographed and how much time did the shooting take?

That was shot in Zanzibar, Tanzania. I think we shot maybe 2 or 3 days, and I remember doing nothing but taking a nice tan the last day.

What do you like better, editorial or runway jobs?

I love doing both. There was this editorial I shot lately with a camera, called red. Basically you make a movie and later take picture out of it. I loved to shoot that. I was somewhere in between dancing and acting - lovely!

When did you go abroad the first time for modeling and how was it like?

I went to Milan when I first started out. That was hardcore freedom after finally finishing school!

I have a feeling models don’t like this question, it’s interesting to know though, so be prepared for this questions: What do you think is the reason for your success?

I’d say motivation and a lot of hard work.

Does it give you some kind of "home" feeling, since there are so many Dutch newcomers on the runways?

It definitely does! I could nearly hear the cows.

We were very excited to see you at Alexander McQueen. Were you afraid of falling when you were faced with these, let's say, very uncomfortable shoes?

That was one hell of a lovely show to do. For the shoes, I figured out it would be better to walk cool and fall cool than to walk too spastic and not to fall. Guess what happened? I ended up not falling and walking spastic.

Anything you would advice new models to wear to a casting?

Whatever you think you look best in, just show some legs for showcastings.

Is it a strange feeling to have some kind of fans who are supporting you and talking about your work like on thefashionspot.com? Do you check your thread there?

Haha yes I did. It’s kind of funny how some people totally hit the spot, I think someone somewhere said I really can't handle some of the show makeup - totally true! I always feel like I go from bad to worse the longer I sit on that chair. So funny to share that with a stranger.

What would you say is the most important thing you learned due to modeling?

Quite some things, it taught me there’s no better way to be than just be yourself (sorry for the cliché but it’s just so true). Also you learn to develop your social skills, learn languages to figure out the international tax system - a surprisingly complicated bustard!

To summarize our interview a little: Have you ever been thinking you'd be doing this so successfully?

I guess I was sure enough to keep on going.

In the end: Could you please tell us in German what you'd like the world to know about you.

Hallöchen! Die besten Partys gibt's in BERLIN! Deutschland rocks!

Digital Diamonds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In her own hands

Photographer: Lorenzo Bringheli

Stylist: Anastasia Marano

Hair: Marco Santini

Makeup: Ralph Siciliano

Models: Pernille Moeller, Nicola Haffmans

Src: tfs

th_1254fc89613794.jpg/monthly_07_2010/post-31828-0-1446080838-68592_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3651243" alt="post-31828-0-1446080838-68592_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="131.58"> post-31828-0-1446080838-71462_thumb.jpg post-31828-0-1446080838-75352_thumb.jpg th_d83a6a89613966.jpg/monthly_07_2010/post-31828-0-1446080838-76779_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3651247" alt="post-31828-0-1446080838-76779_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="131.58"> post-31828-0-1446080838-79717_thumb.jpg th_dc1ec689614201.jpg/monthly_07_2010/post-31828-0-1446080838-82645_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3651249" alt="post-31828-0-1446080838-82645_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="132.12"> post-31828-0-1446080838-85445_thumb.jpg post-31828-0-1446080838-88144_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...