Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

5. There was nothing all that special. The performers weren't anything special. The casting was just blahh. The outfits nothing really amazed me or grabbed my attention. It was just rather very boring. But the one thing that they did that I like was that this year they seemed to have really paid attention to the Angels. I mean everybody got 3 outfits and for the most part it seemed like wings were based on seniority. Really think VS shouldn't have spend $10 million on that bra. $5 million tops and then put the rest of that money into other things. Overall I wasn't amazed but maybe my feeling will change once I get to see the actual show in Dec.

But does VS actually pay 10 million dollars for the bra, or is that just what it's worth? I'm sure the jeweler that gets the press for the bra has a part in the production and is where the expense comes from? They probably dismantle the FB anyway, so don't they get their money/diamonds back? Does VS actually pay to have the bra made?

5. There was nothing all that special. The performers weren't anything special. The casting was just blahh. The outfits nothing really amazed me or grabbed my attention. It was just rather very boring. But the one thing that they did that I like was that this year they seemed to have really paid attention to the Angels. I mean everybody got 3 outfits and for the most part it seemed like wings were based on seniority. Really think VS shouldn't have spend $10 million on that bra. $5 million tops and then put the rest of that money into other things. Overall I wasn't amazed but maybe my feeling will change once I get to see the actual show in Dec.

But does VS actually pay 10 million dollars for the bra, or is that just what it's worth? I'm sure the jeweler that gets the press for the bra has a part in the production and is where the expense comes from? They probably dismantle the FB anyway, so don't they get their money/diamonds back? Does VS actually pay to have the bra made?

I've always wondered that too  :idk:

I would give 5/10...I don't like the show that much...Most of the outfits are okay but not spectecular like Lindsays Silver Screen Outfit.

Most others show would get a better rating. For me the Music, the scenery and the model line-up must be perfect combined.

2012 - 8/10

2011 - 9,5/10

2010 - 7,5/10

2009 - 6,5/10

2008 - 5/10

2007 - 6/10

2006 - 9/10

2005 - 7/10

I thought this years show was better than last years giving last years a 8 is generous,

But this years show will look better on TV with all the editing and special effects. 

Right now I'm at a 6.5/10 for it. Yes some outfits individually were beautiful but none of it flows like it used to. There were crap outfits back in the golden years but they could be weaved into the segment and nobody would notice, and the music used to be on point. This year they flopped at that, major points down for PINK too. And musical performers.

Just wondering but right after VSFS is when they start shooting 2014 Swim right ?? Didn't t go something like that last year ?? They shot the fashion show and then like a week a later they were in Tulum or St. Barths shooting Swim ??

They are on their way to St. Barths now.

HA! I was right:

"This year Victoria’s Secret went for a royal theme. The bra is called the Royal Fantasy Bra and is inspired by the royal family. It has 4200 stones, with a spectacular 52 karat centre ruby from Burma, the rest are all blue sapphires, diamonds, yellow sapphires, set in 18 karat gold, for a value of $10 million. We moulded it to Candice, it took four months, twelve people. After the show, it’s going on tour and is going to Dubai in September." - Pascal Mouawad

-thecoveteur

Re: Erin, yes we are sure she's not an "active" Angel anymore. She's not on the Angel line-up, she's not on the pic with all the Angels + Cara & Lais.

She could always come back, like Lindsay did, considering that VSAA still has her on the Supermodel page, but I doubt it.

Do we know why they would kill Erin's contract when she's been such a strong brand ambassador? Because she's been focused on acting, or perhaps her look changing? 

Lindsay is listed on VS' wiki page as having her contract starting in '11, but was she actually an angel prior to that? How long did she leave the company for?