Bellazon

Shané van der Westhuizen
Thumbnail

sarnic

• 3 weeks later...

WorldSwimsuit SA 

GETTING TO KNOW SHANE VAN DER WESTHUIZEN

We chat to gorgeous Shane Van Der Westhuizen before the finalist shoot.

Please give us a little bit of background on your journey up to now? I moved to Cape Town from Durban at 19 and was fortunate to start my professional modelling career immediately as I was chosen for two international campaigns. Then came two consecutive years of Sports Illustrated Swimwear and I have never looked back since. I have modelled around the world doing TVC’s, fashion editorials and catalogue work as well as doing shoots for well-known local & international magazines, being voted 8th most sexiest woman in the world was a real honour for me. To be part of the current World Swimsuit Models will be amazing!

Who is the first person you called when you found out that you’re a finalist? Mum ♥… my greatest fan and role model.

What is your Signature physical feature? Jacques Weyers says I have a million dollar smile… so I guess that’s it.

Give us your Words to live by:  Don’t promise when you are happy, don’t reply when you are angry & don’t decide when you are sad.

You’re in great shape; tell us a bit about your exercise regime:  First things first … I try to eat clean, then I vary my exercises to keep my body guessing, yoga, cardio and weights.

What are Beauty essentials for you? Drink water, use very good skin and hair products, reputable make-up and drink more water.

What is your skincare secret? Salon facial once a week, coconut oil masks 3 times a week, healthy food & lots of water.

If you had to pick one feature to make-up… Eyes or lips:  Eyes, as there is a lot more fun to be had, so many colours and styles to try!

Air-dry or blowout:  Air-dry.

What is the best advice you ever got from your mom: Mum always says “Life is not about YOU Shané, it’s about what you can do to make other people’s lives better. So be humble & grateful, kind & generous, respectful & considerate and remember to count your blessings and have faith in God.”

Best advice from the pros:  Keep your head up, don't let your own insecurities get the best of you, your flaws are beauty in other people's eyes.

What do you consider a necessary splurge?  Excellent skin care products & facials!!!

Drugstore favourite: Lip balm

Fragrance of choice: Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

Who is your icon? In life, Madiba. Tata to our democratic nation. In the modelling world, Kate Moss.

Where has been your favourite location to shoot? Gosh there are so many! Possibly Izmir in Turkey, steeped in history with its cobblestone streets, colourful shops and houses with white window shutters, so picturesque and dreamy … and the weather is amazing!

What is your favourite city to visit?  New York, without a doubt, as it is inspirational gives me an incredible feeling of liberation.

Name one thing on your bucket list…  Sky diving…. Eeeeek!

Who is your favourite photographer to work with? Oh wow, that’s a hard one as there are so many talented, wonderful photographers out there so I have a few favourites … my top 5 would have to be Henrik Purienne, mark newton, Preyan Moodley, Warwick Saint, and of course Gavin O'Neill.

Do you like to cook? What is your favourite dish? I love to cook, I make a large variety of meals so I can't pick just one!

What does a guy need to do to win your heart?  Honesty, charm, a sense of humour and good core values.

MFWzwF4c.jpg

World Swimsuit SA Model Search - The Finalists

The 2015 Model Search has been an exhilarating competition and we have seen one of the best round of entrants we have ever had to judge. After a grueling competition and nail-biting anticipation we have finally reached the finalist round of the World Swimsuit SA 2015 Model Search, brought to you by our amazing sponsors and partners in beating average GNC South Africa!

The contestants have been gathering votes from their fans and all the editorial badges have been awarded and the top 15 finalists for this year are as follows:

These 15 gorgeous girls will battle it out at the finalist shoot on 28 May in Cape Town, so keep an eye on our social pages for live updates from the shoot! Good Luck to all of these beautiful finalists.

- See more at: http://southafrica.worldswimsuit.com/blog/details/world-swimsuit-sa-model-search-the-finalists#sthash.bEKgFJvo.dpuf

The Final Shoot

Q5p9bSAO.jpg BVcAz78R.jpg v1rpXpj0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...