Bellazon

Lais Ribeiro
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

'Life of the model is not only flowers, "says the neo top Lais Ribeiro

Of the new faces that come out every season, Lais Ribeiro (Joy), 20 years piauense natural Miguel Alves, was one that most caught the attention of fashionistas - remember the editorial that FFW did with it in January? And the editorial board of "MAG!" # 18 ?

In the international season, Lais (who was in 4th place in World Beauty contest) proved he could: he did Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Dior, Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gaultier, Roberto Cavalli, Versace and several others.

In one of the backstage, we find the model and animated - and disguised in her knitting, because the air conditioning has been unrelenting. "Life of the model is not only flowers. To get this result so that you see, we live on the run: I went to sleep yesterday midnight and woke up at 5 am, "he says.

What was the first international trip you made?

To New York. I arrived on the run from the fashion week in the midst of castings and fittings in the snow, without speaking English. Picture me, Piauí, in the snow?

And now you know a little of the language?

I have class every day at the agency, but I am ashamed to speak [laughter].

What was the most surreal thing that ever happened to you in your career?

Staying 10pm to 6am proving an outfit of a French brand.

What was the show you most like?

Dior Resort 2011 in Shanghai.

This is his first week with fashion shows, beach. Were you nervous?

Very! My first was Salinas. I was worried that the body was soft and stuff.

What to do to keep fit?

I want to do pilates, but until we have time, do everything by walking in New York.

What you've done campaigns in recent months?

I have made American Eagle, Victoria's Secret, Gap, Ralph Lauren ...

(how exciting!! )

A lot of important thing for someone who just started. Have you spent money on something?

A significant purchase, no. I'm saving for my son, Alexander, who lives in Miguel Alves with my mother.

How old is he?

Two years. I was two months without seeing him, and his birthday was on May 16, and I could not go there. We ended up doing a little party on the 22th, when I spent a few days at home.

Had issue?

Yes, clowns! He dressed up as clown.

---

her interview with FFW

• 2 weeks later...