Tomiko Fraser
Thumbnail

OriginalSin

She has been in the movie Head Over Heels from 2001

whit Sarah Murdoch, Ivana Milicevic, Monica Potter,

Freddie Prinze Jr., Shalom Harlow

tomiko18ua4.jpg

tomiko16xa2.jpg

Sarah Murdoch, Ivana Milicevic, Monica Potter, Tomiko Fraser, Freddie Prinze Jr., Shalom Harlow

tomiko17zr6.jpg

Sarah Murdoch, Monica Potter, Tomiko Fraser, Shalom Harlow

tomiko19eo0.jpg

Other films

From IMDb

"The Game" .... Tomiko (1 episode, 2007)

- The Many Lies of Derwin Davis (2007) TV episode .... Tomiko

“Monster-in-Law” (2005) .... Coffee Shop Clerk

... aka Schwiegermonster, Das (Germany)

“Action Her00?” (2004) .... Nora

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" .... Tall Party Girl (1 episode, 2003)

- Lady Heather's Box (2003) TV episode .... Tall Party Girl

“Head Over Heels” (2001) .... Holly

"The Cosby Mysteries" .... Waitress (1 episode, 1994)

- Self Defense (1994) TV episode .... Waitress

Interview

April 9, 2007 - You might not know her name but you definitely know her face. Supermodel Tomiko Fraser has been the face of Maybelline for an amazing eight years! It must be because of her flawless skin and she never seems to age. Is she for real?

IGN: How did you get started modeling?

Tomiko: I got started working at a restaurant in New York called Lola. This woman with an agency would come in and asked me if I wanted to model. I needed the paycheck every week so I wasn't sure. Then I ended up at Ford.

IGN: What was your first modeling job?

Tomiko: It was a Seventeen Magazine shoot: fun, scary, simple. They gave me a lot of hair. I had a really long ponytail. It was just one picture. I was

excited because I was a working model.

IGN: What are some of the fashion campaigns you have done?

Tomiko: Gap, Target, Tommy Hilfiger…there's a lot. At the Target shoot, there was red and white all over. I was pushing a shopping cart with red and white bottles of detergent with a big smile. It was so much fun.

IGN: How would you describe your look?

Tomiko: I have been described as the all American black girl next door--approachable, friendly...if they only knew the truth (just kidding). I get booked 9/10 just because of my smile.

IGN: Do you have a particular diet?

Tomiko: I like to eat. My family is from the south. I grew up on fried chicken, rice and beans. I find a healthy version of these bad foods. Instead of whole grain pasta, I'll get rice pasta. It still tastes good. My favorite soul food restaurant is Roscoe's and M&M's out here. In N.Y., I'd just go to my family's house.

Fat Fish on Melrose Ave is one of my favorites. I never order the same thing because there are so many items on the menu.

IGN: Where are you from? Tell me about your childhood. Any brothers or sisters?

Tomiko: I'm a child of divorce. My mom had 3 children and my dad has 4 kids. I'm somewhat close to all of them. I was very nerdy as a child. I loved school and I loved learning. I wanted to be a teacher when I was growing up. I went to catholic school. I even helped the nuns out. I liked school.

IGN: How did you start acting?

Tomiko: Acting was an expected progression from modeling. I started acting and then I started doing commercial work. It's not in my blood that I have to be one. I'm a big advocate for creativity. My brother's a DJ. Anything you can do creative, I'm a huge fan.

IGN: Tell me about your first acting experience, a co-starring role with Freddie Prinze Jr.

Tomiko: Head of Heels was hysterical. I was scared out of my mind, it was on the job training but this was a movie and I was one of the main girls. We became a sorority. Freddie didn't know what to do with us. It just worked. It was a good experience.

IGN: What do you like to do for fun? Favorite pastimes? What are your favorite LA hangouts?

Tomiko: I've lived in LA for the past 6 years. I get back to NY enough so that I don't miss it. I like driving and it's made me healthier. I like how this environment allows you to try all different things. You can be serious about all those things—you can be an actor, writer, model…the sky is the limit.

IGN: What is your favorite country?

Tomiko: Italy--I like to eat. You have to go to Naples. I love traveling so I've been to Paris. I love the US because we have so much at our fingertips that other

countries don't have. They don't have take out in London. I mean you

have to pick it up.

IGN: You are a supermodel yourself but who do you look up to?

Tomiko: I appreciate a well rounded model--Iman, just because she's beautiful, smart and she's branched out into her own business. I like models that have taken themselves and made something bigger and better. Ali

Larter -- on Heroes -- love her, and there used to be such a stigma against models turned actress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First Name: Tomiko

Last Name: Fraser

Nationality: American

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Date of Birth: May 5

Place of Birth: New York City, USA

Height: 5'9.5" ; 176.5cm

Measurements: (US) 34-24-34 ; (EU) 86.5-61-86.5

Dress Size: (US) 4 ; (EU) 34

Shoe Size: (US) 9.5 ; (EU) 41 ; (UK) 7

Mother agency: unknown

Agencies:

* Models 1

* Cathy Quinn Models

Advertisements: Alfani, GAP, Gemey, J.Crew, Liz Claiborne, Maybelline, Talbots, Tommy Hilfiger 'Tommy' fragrance,

Magazine Covers: Canada: 'Flare' - August 1999

Fashion Shows: Ready to wear - Autumn/Winter 1997 {Chanel}

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 1998 {Chanel, Emanuel Ungaro, Gieffeffe, John Galliano, Junko Shimada, Kenzo, Les Copains, Moschino, Nicole Miller, Rifat Ozbek}

Haute Couture - Spring/Summer 1998 {Emanuel Ungaro}

Hobbies: Reading, rollerblading, volleyball, walking.

Notes: - Tomiko was discovered while working in a New York restaurant when she was 19 years old.

- She stars in the film "Head Over Heels".

She now goes by Tomiko Fraser-Hines.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...