Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

It is not a bother, acfr1968. I had to chuckle at your wording choice ("no wonder she excavated that story..") and remembered that this was exactly how I thought when the relevant interview was printed, that she dug out those old pains.

Can you remind us which interview for Liberation (2009) you are referring to?

I must say that looking at the oldest and latest photos of Natalia and Justin, the light of mad happiness is not only absent in Natalia's eyes but also in Justin's. He used to smile and looked adoringly at his wife when they were photographed back in the days. At the end it is almost impossible to find a single image with him smiling in Natalia's presence.

I guess, the good is that at least we, fans, see a lot of Natalia in print and internet, she does not slow down, and we of course all wish her normal human happiness.

I was hoping someone could tell me where to find the original scan for a picture on Sublime-Natalia's blog? :) It's the 'Happy Birthday Natalia' photo, posted on February 27th. I'm a big fan of Natalia's work and I know I've seen that photo before but I'm having a hard time re-tracking it down. I think the edited version is beautiful though. Thanks for your help!

It is not a bother, acfr1968. I had to chuckle at your wording choice ("no wonder she excavated that story..") and remembered that this was exactly how I thought when the relevant interview was printed, that she dug out those old pains.

Can you remind us which interview for Liberation (2009) you are referring to?

I must say that looking at the oldest and latest photos of Natalia and Justin, the light of mad happiness is not only absent in Natalia's eyes but also in Justin's. He used to smile and looked adoringly at his wife when they were photographed back in the days. At the end it is almost impossible to find a single image with him smiling in Natalia's presence.

I guess, the good is that at least we, fans, see a lot of Natalia in print and internet, she does not slow down, and we of course all wish her normal human happiness.

I remember all these notes at one time saying Natalia and Justin were unfaithful to each other. But I'm pretty sure she denied it afterwards. I don't remember the source...but I'm 100 % sure. But well she never denied her husband was (and always is I guess) a party man....before meeting her, he attended lots of parties I guess, with beautiful models, for sure he had some affairs, and learning that he was still going to this kind of event without Natalia (as I understand it?) during the relationship is a bit strange.....It's a personal feeling of course, but I always have had the impression Justin is the kind of guy to be perfectly able to entirely love one woman to all points, but who is physically in love with other beautiful women, in love and not willing to resist any tentation...? Sorry if I blame him for free..just a feeling. He seems he always had everything he wanted in his life, and never had to resist to anything.

I guess it's also not easy to see your wife becoming a workaholic, maybe she did not pay as much attention to him as in the past.

One thing I hope is that it's not their different social/cultural background who separated them. Some eternal misunderstanding associated with that. I don't think so as they visibly have spent many years happy together.

And as for the fact they have many friends in common and that Natalia still sees them, I am not surprised. They have lived 8 years together and were with the same people all the time, no ? For sure Natalia has her friends, but as they were a couple, all the same...everybody got to know everyone I suppose.

It is clear that Natalia is not well these times, and I am sure it's all about that. I hope something makes her feel better :) wish they could be back together again...

Refers to article from liberation on 19 March 2009.

here is the note, one of many that went:

link: http://www.purepeople.com/article/natalia-...en-oui_a27392/1

France Grazia's article in October 2009 is also of interest, she denies or explains what the article said the liberation, but mentioned some interesting things about her and Justin.

This is what I was referring to (I don't have the actual text, just this extract from Melty.fr):

>> Elle définit son marie comme étant "un gamin sans limites", fêtard tout comme elle. Chacun fait sa vie de son côté. "Justin peut faire ce qu'il veut" mais elle aussi "il lui arrive d'être tentée ailleurs".

From what I understood, Natalia doesn't say they had an open marriage, but she seems to be issuing him a warning.

Looking backwards, there's a coincidence in timing that we can appreciate now, with an entirely different view. When I first read this, I thought it to be a classic foot-in-the-mouth moment, when you say something without thinking it through and regret it later. Nowadays, I feel she was saying exactly what she wanted to say, and she was totally misread. Towards the end of that same year, Justin practically disappeared from the public's view and the reports on their marital woes began. It's not science, guys, I know; it's actually a very faint evidence of anything, but I keep connecting these two strings together.

That said, I entirely agree with pautinka, this is a hopeless guessing game. Until they issue a statement, we'll never fit the puzzle together. There are too many pieces missing. The main thing is, if their marriage is fine, why are they never seen together? If it's not fine, why haven't they separated yet? It's like trying to fit a peg in a round hole.

By the way, one thing I didn't say on my last post: I don't know if Natalia and Scott are having an affair, they might, but I don't believe that he left Tracy Emin for her. Emin is a self-proclaimed tough cookie, excentric, egomaniac nutcracker. She once said that Douglas was a darling, to put up with her. I mean, after seven years, their relationship probably hit Pluto icy cold temperature level and they simply parted ways. It's just much easier for her to say that he left because of Natalia (which she implied to the press, in a non very subtle way, when asked directly).

And, yep, I do believe Douglas' words were taken out of context. "Yes, I was with her in Paris. No, I don't know if they're getting a divorce" was probably the answer to: "Were you together in Paris last weekend? Is she getting a divorce?". Yes, he actually was in Paris with her. I'll give some credit to suave Douglas: he wouldn't confess to an affair with a friend's wife that easily. They may be having an affair, but he wouldn't be so stupid as to spill the beans to a newspaper. He certainly meant it as a fact. They were both in Paris at the same time, doing stuff together (not sexual). When I first read his words, my stomach fell to the floor. Then, I figured, this is so typical, the journalist did the oldest trick in the book, just transcribed his words out of context, as to add some spice to the news.

Finally... Natalia might not be having any affair with anybody at all, it's a strong possibility, but I'll tell you this much: the press certainly picks handsome, charming, rather accomplished, good looking guys for her. Boltenko, Douglas, two out of two, I'm impressed.

Elle définit son marie comme étant "un gamin sans limites", fêtard tout comme elle. Chacun fait sa vie de son côté. "Justin peut faire ce qu'il veut" mais elle aussi "il lui arrive d'être tentée ailleurs"

acfr1968, can you translate the statement please? The free translator gives a gibberish that I cannot make sense of :)...

I agree with your account. I also think that Justin must spend some time in England - I mean, he must want to see his kids, right? it is impossible not to... We just do not know about it... So maybe things are not as bad as they may seem to us.

Elle définit son marie comme étant "un gamin sans limites", fêtard tout comme elle. Chacun fait sa vie de son côté. "Justin peut faire ce qu'il veut" mais elle aussi "il lui arrive d'être tentée ailleurs"

acfr1968, can you translate the statement please? The free translator gives a gibberish that I cannot make sense of :)...

I agree with your account. I also think that Justin must spend some time in England - I mean, he must want to see his kids, right? it is impossible not to... We just do not know about it... So maybe things are not as bad as they may seem to us.

By the way, one thing I didn't say on my last post: I don't know if Natalia and Scott are having an affair, they might, but I don't believe that he left Tracy Emin for her. Emin is a self-proclaimed tough cookie, excentric, egomaniac nutcracker. She once said that Douglas was a darling, to put up with her. I mean, after seven years, their relationship probably hit Pluto icy cold temperature level and they simply parted ways. It's just much easier for her to say that he left because of Natalia (which she implied to the press, in a non very subtle way, when asked directly).

And, yep, I do believe Douglas' words were taken out of context. "Yes, I was with her in Paris. No, I don't know if they're getting a divorce" was probably the answer to: "Were you together in Paris last weekend? Is she getting a divorce?". Yes, he actually was in Paris with her. I'll give some credit to suave Douglas: he wouldn't confess to an affair with a friend's wife that easily. They may be having an affair, but he wouldn't be so stupid as to spill the beans to a newspaper. He certainly meant it as a fact. They were both in Paris at the same time, doing stuff together (not sexual). When I first read his words, my stomach fell to the floor. Then, I figured, this is so typical, the journalist did the oldest trick in the book, just transcribed his words out of context, as to add some spice to the news.

Tracy Emin speaks in this article (Oct 2, 2010).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...-boyfriend.html

This is a part of it:

Last night award-winner Miss Emin confirmed her relationship with the Scottish-born photographer was over.

‘Scott and I have split up, I’m footloose and fancy free,’ she said. ‘We were having a trial separation over the summer and have since decided to split up for good. ’

When asked about Mr Douglas’s relationship with Miss Vodianova, Miss Emin said:

‘Who he is seeing is not my business. I know he and Natalia are really close but I don’t know about what goes on between them. You’ll have to ask them.’

Although Miss Emin insists she remains on good terms with her ex, friends say she was deeply in love with Mr Douglas and upset by how close he had become to Miss Vodianova.

She didn't say Natalia was the cause, but made a point of mentioning their really close friendship, which is obviously a sore spot for her.

About the Paris weekend, you're absolutely right, my mistake. I read one thing, kept another on my mind. I should have reread the note. Still, I believe he didn't mean it in a compromising way at all. They were together as friends, not together, together, as a couple. That's the main point.

Oh, well, as for Boltenko and Douglas, I find them both attractive, but it's just a personal opinion. :D

This is a part of it:

Last night award-winner Miss Emin confirmed her relationship with the Scottish-born photographer was over.

‘Scott and I have split up, I’m footloose and fancy free,’ she said. ‘We were having a trial separation over the summer and have since decided to split up for good. ’

When asked about Mr Douglas’s relationship with Miss Vodianova, Miss Emin said:

‘Who he is seeing is not my business. I know he and Natalia are really close but I don’t know about what goes on between them. You’ll have to ask them.’

Although Miss Emin insists she remains on good terms with her ex, friends say she was deeply in love with Mr Douglas and upset by how close he had become to Miss Vodianova.

She didn't say Natalia was the cause, but made a point of mentioning their really close friendship, which is obviously a sore spot for her.

About the Paris weekend, you're absolutely right, my mistake. I read one thing, kept another on my mind. I should have reread the note. Still, I believe he didn't mean it in a compromising way at all. They were together as friends, not together, together, as a couple. That's the main point.

Oh, well, as for Boltenko and Douglas, I find them both attractive, but it's just a personal opinion. :D

ETA: From what I understand, she says that Justin is free to do whatever he wants in the sense that she cannot ultimately prevent him from making his own choices. It's a practical admission which has nothing to do with the idea of an open marriage. It's not like she's giving him a hall pass to do whatever he pleases, it's just that she trusts him, respects his freedom and won't spy on his every move. I would really like a French speaker to confirm the translation of the last sentence to English, which sounds awfully like a warning to me.

As I mentioned in the previous message, if Scott had been unfaithful to Emin, she would have done a great scandal, but they had a quiet divorce.

For me the note is fake, and as you mentioned, they added words to spice up the note! ..

Anyway DailyMail always gets this type of note, outrageous, controversial and almost always false.

ETA: From what I understand, she says that Justin is free to do whatever he wants in the sense that she cannot ultimately prevent him from making his own choices. It's a practical admission which has nothing to do with the idea of an open marriage. It's not like she's giving him a hall pass to do whatever he pleases, it's just that she trusts him, respects his freedom and won't spy on his every move. I would really like a French speaker to confirm the translation of the last sentence to English, which sounds awfully like a warning to me.

Acfr, I wouldn't have been able to translate it so well. Not only you translate it very well but you explain the meaning of freedom exactly in the way I had understood. Trust, not unfaithfullness.

But unlike you that is why I took the last part of the sentence in a light mode, and not as a warning.

We also must take in accunt that we are debating about an english translation of a french journalistic translation of words that Natalia first told in english ! We miss the words she exactly said at the start.

All I know (or rather hope!) is that Justin must spend some time around Natalia, because of kids - it is inhuman not to want to see your flesh and blood cuties, to born and raise them and then completely abandon. I do not believe he is capable of that, no matter how hands-off or uninvolved of a father he might be.

I do not understand that being so rich, with many rich friends, it does not paint, your friends can buy the paint.. for me it is incomprehensible that the foundation make art auctions, and he remains vicepresident, not has supported with a painting his at auction, ..... Can also be sad for him, being a painter .. Regardless of the value can have the paint, not all paintings are worth 100.000, have been sold in 10.000 .. Well for me this is sad.

It's just my opinion.