Bellazon

Fan Talk

Neo52285

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something that bothers me, coming here to rant lol

Gisele constantly being blamed for the "oh she's famous because she dated leo" thing..... I just have a few things to say about that....

Jerry Hall-Mick Jagger

Cindy Crawford-Richard Gere,JFK Jr,Val Kilmer

Christie Brinkley-Billy Joel

Kate Moss-Johnny Depp

Claudia Schiffer-David Copperfield,Prince Albert,etc...

Christy Turlington-Christian Slater,Edward Burns

Naomi Campbell-Robert De Niro,JFK jr,etc...

Linda Evangelista-Bryan Adams,Kyle MacLachlan

and probably many more I cant' even recall.

So if models have been doing it since the 70's and probably even before, why is Gisele constantly being blamed for it ? She certainly wasn't the first as seen above, lol

All those girls above are household names, so maybe it isn't such a bad thing afterall, like so many assume it to be

that always gets to me also, and it's not like she never made a name for herself, she has done so many things, that most models win never do!

i'm sure you could ask many people that dont work in fashion, and they will all know her as gisele the model, not "leo's ex girlfriend"

:laugh:

Something that bothers me, coming here to rant lol :whistle:

Gisele constantly being blamed for the "oh she's famous because she dated leo" thing..... I just have a few things to say about that....

Jerry Hall-Mick Jagger

Cindy Crawford-Richard Gere,JFK Jr,Val Kilmer

Christie Brinkley-Billy Joel

Kate Moss-Johnny Depp

Claudia Schiffer-David Copperfield,Prince Albert,etc...

Christy Turlington-Christian Slater,Edward Burns

Naomi Campbell-Robert De Niro,JFK jr,etc...

Linda Evangelista-Bryan Adams,Kyle MacLachlan

and probably many more I cant' even recall.

So if models have been doing it since the 70's and probably even before, why is Gisele constantly being blamed for it <_< She certainly wasn't the first as seen above, lol

All those girls above are household names, so maybe it isn't such a bad thing afterall, like so many assume it to be :laugh: :whistle:

lol Michele I'm with you :p , dunt worry :kiss: , Leo is Leo Gisele is Gisele, everybody knows who Gisele is and how powerful she is, esp. she earns a lot more than Leo since then (sometimes income makes confidence :whistle: ).

lots of ppl just never ever had an eye in fashion, so maybe they knew Gisele because of Leo (they could be either old geeks from Mars or aged ladies lives in Tibet).

Or, as always, these annoying haters just meant to say this because they are losers at some point anyway :evil:

yep I agree ^ ppl are bored. I guess their models don't do enough so they feel the need to have to spend their time talking about gisele???? :idk:

we don't have time to talk about other models, Gisele keeps us busy! It's so fun being a Gisele fan :p :laugh:

and rarely do you ever hear gisele as, "Gisele,ex gf of Leo" its usually, "Gisele, victorias secret angel" etc... so if anything that is what most people know/remember her for :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
there were better pics to showcase La Bundchen then that. :shifty: Im her biggest fan and only like 2 of those <_<

i agree unfortunatelly.i guess if gigi had chosen another ones,people who don`t know gisele could have voted for her. :( i can definetly think of better photos. :pinch: ,But well,i can`t command his contest anyway,so... :blah::Angel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yep I agree ^ ppl are bored. I guess their models don't do enough so they feel the need to have to spend their time talking about gisele???? :idk:

we don't have time to talk about other models, Gisele keeps us busy! It's so fun being a Gisele fan :p :laugh:

and rarely do you ever hear gisele as, "Gisele,ex gf of Leo" its usually, "Gisele, victorias secret angel" etc... so if anything that is what most people know/remember her for :)

It's just a combination of selective memory and flat out ignorance. Gisele's peak as a runway model was 1999. That was the year she truly established herself as a Supermodel. She didn't start dating Leo till sometime in 2000. Prior to that, she had appeared on the covers of the November 1999, December 1999, and January 2000 of issues of Vogue- a three-peat unheard of in the modern era. And I actually take exception to the idea Victoria's Secret made her famous too. VS didn't sign Gisele to that huge contract until the very end of September 2000. Beyond the three-peat I had already mentioned, Gisele was seen on the June 2000 cover of Vogue embracing Geogre Clooney. She was on the cover of Rolling Stone (still a popular magazine back then) under the tag line "The Prettiest Girl in the World" a month before inking the VS deal. Victoria's Secret didn't make Gisele famous. Gisele made Victoria's Secret famous. She was the first (and last as it turns out) Supermodel they had ever signed to head a campaign. It was a total 180 of their previous downmarket marketing strategy and made huge news in all the business trade magazines at the time. And it turned out to be a huge success. So much so that all the models Victoria's Secret hired after Gisele became famous too, even though none of them were even remotely close to Gisele's stature as a model. Now, did dating Leo for nearly five years make Gisele more famous? Sure. Same as marrying Tom has made her more famous. But it is just as true that Gisele made Leo and Tom more famous too. Gisele and Leo were a union of two people who were already very famous in their own right and both of whom had already climbed to the pinnacle of their respective professions. There is something quite sexist about people who say "dating the worlds most famous actor was good for Gisele's image and career" but act like dating the world's most famous Supermodel didn't enhance Leo's status as a sex symbol. Both benefited by the relationship.