Bellazon

Sara Nuru
Thumbnail

ez_c

http://www.tadias.com/2009/06/02/tadias-in...next-top-model/

The following is an interview with Sarah Nuru, who was crowned Germany’s Top Model last month after she beat out 21,000 contestants to claim the coveted title.

Heidi Klum, the top model host, made the announcement in front of a packed crowd of 15,000 in the Cologne Lanxess Arena.

The 19-year-old fashion model from Munich, whose parents immigrated from Ethiopia, has earned the nickname “Sunshine” from Germany’s Next Top Model, and was wildly popular with her competitors.

Here is our interview with Sara.

Tadias: Sara, thank you for your time and congratulations on your tremendous accomplishments. How does it feel to be crowned Germany’s Next Top Model?

Sara: Thank you very much, I feel very happy. Yes it is quite amazing what is going on right now. It will probably take time until I really recognize this amazing development. But so far, it is a wonderful experience and right now a very exciting time for me.

Tadias: What does this title mean for your future career?

Sara: To be honest, the title is a great door-opener but I will not lay back and enjoy the title . I have a great chance to make the very best of my benefit. Since the 21st of May, the day I became Germany’s next Top-model, I was hardly at home, worked day and night and really enjoyed my new life as a model! That’s how I imagined it.

Tadias: This is historical in a sense that the media is saying that you are the first black person to be crowned Germany’s Next Top Model. Did you feel additional pressure because of your cultural background?

Sara: Well, I feel honored that you call it “historical”, but I wouldn’t make a big thing of it . For me, it is of course fantastic to be a black model. I’m very happy that I became the winner of Germany’s next Top-model beside so many beautiful and talented girls. I’m Ethiopian through my parents that’s a fact and I’m absolutely proud of it. But I can’t imagine that my skin color had a big effect for my victory at this show .

Tadias: Where do you see yourself in a few years?

Sara: It is quite difficult to predict a career, but I have a reliable agency and already great jobs and 4 big campaigns to work for. Of course, it is desirable for every model to be successful in the international model business. But I am someone who is down to earth and I, of course, will work hard and be calm and serene in attending to my ways.

Tadias: Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers?

Sara: Thank you to everyone who believed in me. And, yes, just like I said stay true to yourself and never forget were you came from.

Tadias: Good luck Sara.

Sara: Thank you very much and all the best.

• 2 weeks later...

the maybelline "campaign" is out, too. i bought an instyle yesterday and in it there was this little "maybelline jade lookbook- the topmodel edition" with sara on the cover. in this little mag are some pictures of her and some information but also the usual maybelline models julia and erin. i think sara looks good there. unfortunately i don´t have scanner. hope someone else finds it and can post it :D