Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Kaka: I'd Sign Messi Immediately

AC Milan superstar Kaka has admitted that his dream signing would be Barcelona striker Lionel Messi and not his Brazilian team-mate Ronaldinho.

Messi Without A Doubt

In a transfer saga that has spanned a number of months, Ronaldinho has been linked with clubs across Europe – although the favourites throughout have remained Milan.

At one stage it was reported that personal terms had been agreed, but there was no agreement between the two clubs on a transfer fee and AC’s interest subsequently cooled.

Milan, of course, already have a Brazilian playmaker star in their ranks in Kaka, who stated that he would love to play with Lionel Messi and not Ronaldinho if he was given a choice of signing any player playing in the world today.

“If Adriano Galliani ever gave me the reins of the transfer market, I would sign Messi,” revealed Kaka on Sky Italia.

"At this moment in time he is a player I like to watch. He can make the difference in an incredible way. If I could sign any player, yes, it would be Messi.”

However, would a flamboyant attacking player, similar in many ways to Kaka, be able to play in the same team?

“Can we play together? Of course," responded the reigning World Player of the Year. "I can play with Messi, with Ronaldinho, with Alexandre Pato and with Pippo Inzaghi. It is just an issue of adapting to each other.”

Respect for Ronaldo

Kaka, who has been capped 59 times by Brazil already in his career, also confirmed that he held a deep respect for his international colleagues Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, the latter having been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently.

“I try to stay close to him as much as possible in every situation. I respect him a great deal and he is a very good person. Those who know him are aware of his values,” he continued.

“I tried calling him, but we know Ronie is a bit out of the loop at the moment. I respect him for what he has been through and this is a difficult time.

“Everybody can make a mistake. I do not judge him for what he did and that error, which he has taken full responsibility for.”

Kaka starred in last weekend’s victory over Inter in the Milan derby, giving his side the advantage over Fiorentina in the race for the fourth Champions League spot.

LET'S REPEAT OURSELVES IN NAPLES

Today Ricky Kaká talked about Sunday's game against Napoli, the end of the season, and the great understanding with his team mate Filippo Inzaghi. - THE DECLARATIONS OF KAKÁ -

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made by Ricky Kakà today to Milan Channel's microphones ahead of the training session:

Ricky, on Sunday there's an important away game against Napoli. In the first game it went well and there was an entirely Brazilian Milan.

"Yes, the first game was a nice match and it was the only appearence of the 'Ka-Pa-Ro'. Let's hope that on Sunday we get a positive result like in the first game because the three points are important for the fourth place and then also do well in the last game of the season at home against Udinese. We'll try to do our best like we've been doing lately.

Even though we have now beaten Fiorentina to the fourth place, there's still pressure, we have even more responsibility because everything depends on us, which gives us a lot of motivation. If we win our last wo games we'll have reached our objective, but we know we have Fiorentina behind us, they are playing a great season."

Between you and Pippo there's a great feeling especially since the Athens final...

"Yes, our understanding has improved a lot, we often find each other on the pitch and I manage to play assists which both him and I like. We are doing very well as a couple and we'll try to play these last two games as best we can. The turnaround came from the second goal in Athens. In this last period we've played a lot together, which has certainly improved our feeling.

His best quality is that he never gives up, he always believes until the end, he never gives up on any ball until it's completely out. He's the only player who could have gotten on the cross I played in the match against Inter on Sunday and that's why Pippo is unique."

A lot of people were surprised to hear you talk positively about Messi considering the rivalry between Brazilians and Argentineans...

"I think Messi is a great player, the fact he is Argentinean doesn't count for me. I like how he plays and if there would be one player I would like to join me at Milan it's him. I've met him two or three times, he seems like a good lad."

NAPOLI-MILAN

GOALKEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Offredi;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Digao, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic, Ambrosini;

MIDFIELDERS: Ba, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Pato.

MILAN-UDINESE

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Serginho, Simic, Ambrosini;

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Pato.

Player Ratings: Milan 4-1 Udinese

AC Milan needed to win to stand a chance of earning their Champions League spot. They looked dead and buried after going a goal down in an uninspired first half. They did manage to reply with four in the second but it mattered little as Fiorentina won 0-1 at Torino to condemn the Rossoneri to the UEFA Cup for next season. Goal.com rates the performers on the pitch.

Kalac - 6.5: Made a few important saves in the first half to keep his side in the contest. Other than that, it was a fairly quiet evening for the Spider.

Oddo - 5.5: Was playing almost as an attacking winger in the first half to help carve open the Udinese defence. Allowed Di Natale the freedom to charge forward.

Bonera - 7: Had a shaky start but came into the game strongly and made a number of crucial tackles and interceptions.

Kaladze - 6: Didn’t quite have the pace to cope with Udinese’s counter attacking style. Looked more composed in the later stages of the game when the opponents went off the boil.

Favalli - 6: Never looked secure at the back. His over commitment to attack left far too much space for Simone Pepe to roam. He did, however, constantly provide his attacking wingers with the overlapping option.

Brocchi - 5: Ineffective. Could not provide the creative spark down the flank that Milan were so desperately seeking in the first half. Not surprised to be taken out at the break for Pato.

Pirlo - 7.5: Showed tremendous vision time and time again with some stunning long balls to split the visiting backline.

Ambrosini - 7: Strayed too far forward too often and that allowed Udinese to break forward with ease. Did link up well with Kaka and Seedorf in the final third of the pitch.

Kakà - 7: Very involved in the game and initiated almost every attacking move. Had about four excellent scoring chances but spurned all of them, including a penalty.

Seedorf - 8: His lively performance defies his age. He was carving out openings in both flanks and down the middle and just like Kaka, he was engaged in every attacking build up.

Inzaghi - 6.5: Had too many defenders mark him out of the game. Had more space and freedom when Pato came on. Should have scored more than just the one goal.

Substitutes:

Cafu - 7: Did well to clean up at the back. Wasn’t afraid to go forward, despite his aging legs. Scored a quite sumptuous goal to wrap up his playing career in style.

Pato - 8: What his teammates couldn’t do in 45 minutes, he managed to in just two. Caused all kinds of headaches for the Udinese defence and injected that extra attacking oomph that his team was missing in the first half.

Serginho - 6: Had a few attempts at goal from distance and will be disappointed he couldn’t sign off his career with a goal.

KAKA', PATO, DIGAO AND THE OLYMPICS: OFFICIAL DECLARATIONS OF MILAN

MILAN - The 2008 Olympics and the Brazilian national team. Here's the situation as made clear by the Rossoneri's general manager Adriano Galliani, who through a declaration to the Official Website ACMilan.com, he stated: "Ahead of the Chinese Olympic games, Milan confirms that they will allow the under 23 players like Alexandre Pato and Rodrigo Digao, who are currently in the pre-list of the called-up players, to take part. However, Milan will not allow this permission to an over 23 player like Kaka for the simple reason that the Brazilian champion is already part of the Brazilian national team. The Rossoneri's club does not believe that it is fair that Kaka is included in the official games of the Brazilian Olympic national team."