Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Kaká: Let's Postpone Inter's Party

AC Milan star Rickardo Kaká talked about next weekend's mouth-watering derby against Inter.

It's just a matter of days now before one of the most highly-anticipated Milan derbies in recent years kicks off. The stakes are sky-high for both sides, as the Rossoneri need a win at all costs to maintain hopes of pipping Fiorentina to the fourth place, while Inter will make sure of their third consecutive Scudetto if they take all three points.

"It will be hard to prevent Inter winning the Scudetto," says Milan playmaker Kaká, "but the ideal thing would be to postpone their party.

"For them it would be the third consecutive Scudetto, but I wouldn't be proud of it, I wouldn't say it like that: they only won two of those on the pitch, one more deserved than the other."

Considering the statistics, Inter are the clear favorites in this derby, as they are 23 points ahead in the standings and they've also won the last three derbies.

"That's also why we really want to win this game," Kaká continued, "we want to postpone their party and qualify for the Champions League.

"A mark for our season? I'd say 7.5. There were many positive things, like the European Supercup and the Club World Cup which we both won."

On the two teams' contrasting league form, he said: "We made a choice to focus on the Club World Cup, so we were penalised.

"While other teams rested, we were playing matches that had to be recovered.

"Inter's strength? Certainly the group. They have a big squad and it doesn't matter much who plays. But lately we are in better form and we have found back an incredible Inzaghi."

On the atmosphere in the city of Milan during the week that culminates with the derby: "There's a very civil atmosphere, the Rossoneri fans stop me on the street and tell me we need to win on Sunday. But also the Inter fans stop me and say 'don't do anything stupid next Sunday.'

"How I think things will go? Hoping we beat Inter, I think Fiorentina won't win at Cagliari."

KAKA': WHAT A RECOGNITION!

MILAN - Another important recognition for Ricky Kaka: the Brazilian champions was added by the prestigious American 'Time' magazine in the list of the 100 most influential personalities in the world. The Golden Ball winner is the only footballer present in this special list, which is listed every year, and he has been selected by taking into account his exemplary behaviour on and off the pitch.

JULIO CESAR: 'Kaká the most dangerous one'

MILAN - In an interview given to Studio Sport, Julio Cesar talks about the derby: 'Kaká is the most dangerous, he can decide a game on his own and already did that last year in the Champions League.' The Inter goalkeeper also talked about Dida: 'Nelson remains an example. I've already learned a lot from him in the national team.' And then there's Pato: 'Everyone is waiting to make the comparison between him and Balotelli.'

KAKA': WHAT A RECOGNITION!

MILAN - Another important recognition for Ricky Kaka: the Brazilian champions was added by the prestigious American 'Time' magazine in the list of the 100 most influential personalities in the world. The Golden Ball winner is the only footballer present in this special list, which is listed every year, and he has been selected by taking into account his exemplary behaviour on and off the pitch.

Wow this is great :D Thanks LuNo :hug:

Kaka Named Among TIME 100

AC Milan superstar Kaka has received yet another honour, having been named among the world’s 100 most influential people by TIME Magazine…

This prestigious acknowledgement caps a truly memorable 12 months for the Brazilian, who has already collected the FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d’Or awards for his exploits in leading the Rossoneri to the Champions League, European Super Cup and World Club Cup trophies.

The 26-year-old was included under the category of ‘Heroes and Pioneers’, along with sporting greats such as cyclist Lance Armstrong, tennis legend Andre Agassi and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius.

And Kaka, who will feature alongside 99 others on the cover to be released on May 12, could scarcely hide his delight at being recognised among some of the world’s most famous and well-loved personalities.

Wonderful

“When I heard the news I was really moved, because this is a wonderful moment,” he told Milan Channel.

“I consider it a great satisfaction. To be among the 100 most influential people in the world is a remarkable privilege.

“To see my name there in that list along with 99 other personalities of world renown makes me very happy.”

Recognition

Kaka is the only footballer on the list, which some may consider surprising given David Beckham’s high-profile in the United States following his mega-money move to Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy.

But the Milan number 22, whose feature article was written by Fulham and United States goalkeeper Kasey Keller, understands the difficulty in gaining recognition across the pond – a fact that makes him all the more thrilled with his inclusion in the TIME 100.

“It is not easy to make a mark on the American media,” Kaka said. “They have their own market and their favourite sports.

“Allowing me, a soccer player, to be part of this list is a great feeling for which I thank God.”

Responsibility

Part of Kaka’s global appeal stems from his devotion to religion and his impeccable public image, which are a far cry from the norm when one thinks of football superstars – especially Brazilians, one might say.

But the former Sao Paulo star, who has previously stated he would like to become a preacher when his career finishes, insists it is important to uphold the image and ideals of his sport.

He said: “Do I feel as if I am a good communicator? Yes, it is a responsibility that we players have to take on, because today football is the most popular sport in the world.

“Everyone watches and follows the games, so players have a duty and a responsibility to transmit positive values.”

Player Ratings: Milan 2-1 Inter

Carlo Garganese rates the players on show at San Siro yesterday afternoon…

Kalac – 6.5: Slightly nervy at times but made one excellent stop from Crespo’s one-on-one and also produced a smart stop from Maxwell’s free kick.

Bonera - 7: Impressive display from the former Parma man, who was equally adept both defensively and offensively. His crossing was also good.

Nesta – 7.5: Proved once again why he is one of, if not the best, centre back in the world. Gave a lesson in the art of slide tackling today.

Kaladze – 6.5: The Georgian breezed through the first 60 minutes without working up a sweat, but had to be alert as Inter upped the ante late in the game.

Favalli – 7: Excellent in the first half before he was forced off on 41 minutes with an ankle injury. Bombed forward repeatedly down the left-hand side. A real surprise.

Ambrosini – 9: Superb in the middle-of-the-park. Ambrosini was first to every ball, got stuck in, distributed well, and was a real leader. Created Kaka’s goal, and won his battle with Vieira hands down.

Gattuso – 7.5: Gattuso’s most impressive game for Milan possibly this season. Won every tackle he went in for, and was a real presence. Did tire though and was eventually substituted.

Pirlo – 6: Far from his best game, but still Pirlo started many of Milan’s moves with some neat and clever passes. His free kicks were disappointing.

Seedorf – 8.5: Such a delight to watch when he in this form. One of the few old-school number 10’s left in the game. Inter could not get the ball off him.

Kaka – 8.5: If it wasn’t already evident – Kaka is back. Created Milan’s first for Inzaghi, scored the second, while he also presented SuperPippo with two excellent chances in the first half. Rivas couldn’t handle him.

Inzaghi – 8.5: His movement is at times unplayable. Inzaghi broke the deadlock following a trademark run to the near post. He could have scored four today, twice being denied by Julio Cesar, and heading centimetres wide. Must go to Euro 2008.

Subs: Jankulovski 6, Brocchi 6, Pato 5.5

Kaka Happy To Deny Inter Scudetto

Kaka was delighted to put Inter's Scudetto celebrations on ice for at least another week.

The Brazilian was at his sparkling best at San Siro this afternoon, creating the first and scoring the second in the Rossoneri's 2-1 derby victory.

The result has seen Milan move into fourth place, following Fiorentina's 2-1 defeat at relegation-struggler's Cagliari.

Inter could have clinched the Scudetto had they won this afternoon, however they have now seen their lead at the top of the table over Roma cut to three points.

"I hadn't scored and won a game for Milan for quite a while and now it arrived in what was a special derby,” Kaka told Domenica Sportiva.

“They could have won the Scudetto and we have fourth place to play for, so today everything went in our favour.

"It was a very special derby. We are happy becasue they are not celebrating the Scudetto against Milan and this means alot to us, but the Scudetto is still in their hands.

"Milan's two remaining games of the season are tricky, as they face a trip to Napoli next weekend, before concluding their calendar with a home match with UEFA Cup-chasing Udinese.

Kaka's Olympic Participation In Doubt

Brazilian Football Confederation president Ricardo Teixeira has admitted that he is having trouble convincing some Europe clubs, including AC Milan, to part with their senior players for this year's Olympic football tournament.

The Olympics is the only international tournament that Brazil have never won and there is a concerted effort within the country to make sure that this is the year in which they finally take home the gold medal.

Key to these hopes is getting European teams to part with their players, especially the three overage players that are picked as part of the U-23 squad eligible for the competition.

AC Milan's Kaka is one such overage player and Teixeira has admitted that he is having troubles persuading the Rossoneri to part with him for the tournament in Beijing.

"I am finding it difficult to get some teams to release their players and I include Milan in this list. But, who knows, I think FIFA can help us on this issue," he told reporters at the press conference to open the 2008 Brazilian Championship on Tuesday morning.

Kaka has previously admitted that he would like to play a part in Brazil's quest for Olympic gold, but insisted that he would only be involved if Milan gave him the go ahead to do so. With it likely that Milan could be involved in Champions League qualifying rounds at the time of the Olympic tournament it seems improbable that they would allow him to take part.

Former Milan player Leonardo is currently being used as an intermediary in the Confederation's efforts to get Kaka on board, with there currently said to be an amicable relationship between the two parties as talks continue.

BOUNDLESS MERIT

Kaká doesn't stop anymore: the Brazilian champion receives the umpteenth recognition which comes from no less than the United States. The 'Time' inserts him in the list of 100 most influential people in the world. Ricky: 'Great emotion'.

MILAN - Since May of last year, even before the Athens final, Ricky Kaká has been receiving one acknowledgement after another. But now perhaps the most important and symbolic one comes from no less than the United States. Famous American magazine 'Time' inserted Kaká on their list of 100 most influential people. The Golden Ball winner is the only footballer present on this annually composed list and has been selected on the basis of his always exemplary behaviour on and off the pitch.

The weekly magazine dedicates an edition of its magazine entirely to this list (to see the cover of the magazine which will come out simultaneously on 12 may also in its other three international editions, click here) which is divided in five categories: leaders and revolutionaries; heroes and pioneers; scientists and thinkers; artists and entertainers; builders and titans. Ricky is in the heroes and pioneers is Ricky's category, along with Andre Agassi, Lance Armstrong, and Oscar Pistorius.

Here are the words of the Brazilian, to Milan Channel, to this world event which sees him as protagonist:

'When I read this news I got emotional because it's really a great thing. I consider it a huge satisfaction. Being named among the 100 most influential people in the world is a great privilege for me. I'm not sure how they make up this list, but I am put alongside other sportspeople, I haven't been compared to politicians or people from other sectors. I do my job and I'm happy about that. The fact that this is being recognised is a great satisfaction.'

'It's not easy to catch the attention of the American media, and besides their national sports are American football and baseball. Allowing me, a soccer player, to be a part of this list is an emotion for which I thank God.

'As players we also have the duty to transmit positive values. Nowadays football is the most followed sport, everyone watches the Champions League, the World Cups, the matches. The players have the duty and the responsibility to transmit positive values.'

Here are the details of Kaká's great award-winning year:

- 2 May 2008: KAKA' inserted on the list of 100 most influential people by 'Time'.

- 30 April 2008: KAKA' European Gentleman

- 18 March 2008: PANINI Poll, KAKA' is 'the most beloved player by Italians.'

- 18 February 2008: Most decisive player of the Champions League according to British daily 'The Sun'.

- 28 January 2008: KAKÁ wins the football Oscar for the best foreign player and the best overall player of last season

- 21 January 2008: KAKA' Player of the Year 2007 for Croatian daily "SN".

- 18 January 2008: KAKA' Best playmaker 2007 for IFFHS

- 17 January 2008: KAKA' Best Playmaker in the Team of the Year 2007 of UEFA.COM

- 17 December 2007: KAKA' FIFA World Player 2007

- 16 December 2007: KAKA' MVP in the Club World Cup final between Boca and Milan

- 13 December 2007: KAKA' Best Player of the Year according to prestigious weekly magazine WORLD SOCCER: more than 50% of the votes for him.

- 2 December 2007: PARIS, KAKA' wins 2007 Golden Ball

- 5 October 2007: KAKA' Best Player of the year according to Fifpro, the world football association of professional footballers

- 30 August 2007: MONTECARLO, Uefa Award: KAKA' best player of the Champions League 2006-2007

- 24 August 2007: KAKA' Best player in Europe based on a poll made by SKY among its subscribers

- 6 June 2007: KAKA' best player of the world according to fifa's official website, fifa.com: 48,61% of the votes

- 1 June 2007: KAKA' Best player of the world according to readers of German KICKER magazine: 48,8% of the votes

- 26 May 2007: KAKA' Best player of the season according to readers of Uefa's official website, uefa.com: more than 100.000 votes for him

- 23 May 2007: KAKA' Top scorer with 10 goals of the Champions League 2006-2007

- 15 May 2007: KAKA' San Siro Gentleman Prize 2007

KAKA MAY SKIP OLYMPICS....

The Brazilian soccer confederation admit brazil may not be able to rely on Kaka' to be available for the beijing olympics. "it is going to be very difficult,'' CBF President Ricardo Teixeira told TV Bainderantes late Sunday. " We are not in the position to demand his release."

The AC Milan player has been saying he wants to help Brazil try to win their first Olympic gold in soccer, but he would need to be released by his Italian club. Depending on Milan's finish in the Italian league, they may need to to play in next year's European Champions League qualifying round which has conflicting dates with the Olympics. Milan are currently fourth in the stamndings, and the top four will qualify..

Even if released by Milan, 26-year-old Kaka must be summoned by Brazil coach Dunga as one of the three players over 23 years old allowed to supplement each squad.

He was young enough to play in the 2004 Olympics in Athens, but Brazil failed to qualify. Kaka was also not released by Milan to play in South America's qualifying event for the 2004 Olmpics. He will be 30 years old for the 2012 London Olympics.