Bellazon

new faces

marinalexi

No, you probably don't know what HIgh Fashion means. Well, I'll explain you.

please... no thank you!

Some of these girls are far from being high fashion models... :ninja:

I understood you love these girls. That's good. We all have our own tastes and mine are not better than your & yours not better than mine. different opinions.

Oh and do not need to be condescend, contempt is for non-smart people... and it's not an intelligent thing to make your point about these girls.

yap,

I can understand being offended because you feel people you like are being insulted :hug: . But the reality is that these aren't just coincidentally spiteful people saying this. Their reactions are only a summary of the majority of general society and the average public opinion about many high fashion models :/ . And I'm a huge hf fan mind you. A lot of them themselves testify to being called ugly and and being talked about even by their own classmates growing up, but this brand of fashion has givn them an outlet where their type of looks are appreciated and that's good for them :) .

But by and large, its something that fashion fans appreciate moreso than the general public. The reason being that the industry is such a self sufficient entity that they have the flexibility to impose trends at will independent of public demand if that makes sense. In other words, the fashion industry does what it WANTS to do rather than what they think will be the most popular. So on one hand, its great to appreciate "edgier" models. But on the other hand, the fashion industry is like its own world, but that doesn't mean it can change the world :) .

Also, commercial modeling is not a second tier avenue :flower: . Commercial models have more appeal to the general public because more women relate to them, more women want to look like them and more men want to be with them :ninja: . As a result creating a whole new world of opportunities that most high fashion models will never have (especially for when their career is over and it doesn't last long :/ ).

But both sides are still great :flower: .

The reason she snapped Joe was because people only stop in here and leave comments like 'omg she us ugly' and 'omg she is scary'

It would make any topic starter upset, especially one who puts so much time into this thread as youareaprincess.

I don't think they should keep posing if it's all going to be negative like that.

But that's just my opinion.

I personally check this thread more then most here at BZ and I love it :hug:

You're right :hug: . I definitely understand a strong reaction to negative comments when you put in so much work as yap has and obviously everyone who views the thread has the option to post the type of new faces that they like. I see this conflict on all types of modeling and then to add to that, fashion fans are obviously split on many things even within fashion. Commercial models are called "boring" and "too commercial" while these girls are called "ugly" "scary" ect. I don't agree with either though I understand both. On one hand commercial is not overall as artistic as high fashion and to the average person many contemporary high fashion models are strange looking, but I still like them and don't think that makes them ugly :) . We try to give at least a little expressive freedom at least for initial shock (like for example on the opposite spectrtum this fashion fan seeing Denise Milani for the first time http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?sho...t&p=1137512 :ninja: ).

With these girls, I think it comes down to fear to a degree for some. Because they are all so young, those that don't like these kinds of models may have the subconscious fear that the kind of models they prefer will then soon be made obsolete as a result by the industry. Which is a pretty valid fear I would say, because the industry doesn't operate like music, movies ect. they by contrast change their trends based on their own tastes. But commercial and this brand of high fashion are so thorougly segregated (for lack of better term) now, there's no reason to think one is replacing the other, just "to each their own". I personally love both and hope that all can come together in the shared love of fashion despite the differences :hug: :) .

@ Youareaprincess- Thankyou for updating this thread so much. sorry if i offended you by calling some of the models ugly, its not my place.. who defines what is ugly or pretty? everyone has different tastes, i should have just said shes's not the type of model i like. Thankyou for posting all these new models anyways (; ^ That girl up there is beautiful.