Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

Miranda Kerr: Help Young Girls Become Empowered!

Miranda Kerr rocks leopard print sunglasses while carrying her pet pooch Frankie on Wednesday (June 19) in New York City.

“Help young girls become empowered women. Tweet #StepUp to donate $1 to @suwn from @GilletteVenus #spon,” the 30-year-old Australian supermodel tweet earlier in the day.

post-76139-0-64778200-1371702568_thumb.jpost-76139-0-13146800-1371702573_thumb.jpost-76139-0-48813500-1371702578_thumb.jpost-76139-0-02415400-1371702583_thumb.jpost-76139-0-75916000-1371702587_thumb.jpost-76139-0-22263800-1371702593_thumb.jpost-76139-0-39597100-1371702597_thumb.jpost-76139-0-07223500-1371702605_thumb.j

Justjared

THE EDIT MAGAZINE make%20it%20clap.gif

Photographer: Mariano Vivanco

Styling: Tracy Taylor

Who better than Miranda Kerr to star in our swimwear issue. The modern body icon showcases summer's glamorous one-pieces and reveals the secrets to her supermodel lifestyle in our new video series.

post-22656-0-08331800-1371743053_thumb.jpost-22656-0-81199900-1371729362_thumb.jpost-22656-0-15153500-1371731080_thumb.jpost-22656-0-88592200-1371731189_thumb.j

post-22656-0-21408300-1371731564_thumb.jpost-22656-0-07131100-1371731846_thumb.jpost-22656-0-34388700-1371731637_thumb.jpost-22656-0-96828200-1371731290_thumb.j

Source: net-a-porter.com

You can read the current issue online: http://www.net-a-por...agazine#!/200/1

MIRANDA'S SECRETS

Who better than Miranda Kerr to star in our swimwear issue ?

The modern body icon talks to Melissa Whitworth about love, life choices and leavng Victoria's Secret behind.

What a difference five years makes. In the early days of Miranda Kerr’s modeling career, although newly signed to lingerie powerhouse Victoria’s Secret, cover shoots were a novelty for her, and her life was filled with “paddock-bashing” in rural Australia – essentially speeding around a farm in a pickup truck. She also had a new man in her life, actor Orlando Bloom.

Who could have foretold what lay ahead? Kerr has worked non-stop since then, appearing on countless magazine covers and fronting advertising campaigns to become one of the world’s highest-paid models, according to Forbes. Like Gisele Bündchen and other models-turned-moguls before her, Kerr has built herself into a one-woman brand. She is an author (of self-improvement book Treasure Yourself), a health and nutrition advocate, a businesswoman (her skincare line, KORA Organics, launched on NET-A-PORTER in May), and a young mother. “It feels like a whole other life,” Kerr says of how much she has achieved. None of this success came – barring her genetic gifts – without determination; the kind of willpower that led Kerr to give birth to her 9lb 12oz baby, Flynn, now two, without the help of any pain relief. But inevitably, what also accompanied her triumphs is the kind of fame that sees countless paparazzi following her and her family around the clock.

Dressed casually in Burberry high-waisted jeans and a simple white T-shirt by Helmut Lang, Kerr’s hair is blow-dried into perfect, honey-colored waves. Now 30, she is masterminding a sea change in her career. Her success as a model has given her a voice. “I want to do good things with that voice,” she says. “My ambition comes from my passion: finding what I love and then expanding on that.” She is not steering away from fashion entirely, she adds – she recently shot three editorials for British Vogue, Vogue Nippon and American Vogue. “I am really enjoying having a more active role in everything I am doing,” she says. “Being creatively involved, being strategic about the projects I take, making sure that they are in line with me and my brand.”

There is an inner confidence and calm that radiates from Kerr. “My character is just generally very joyful and very accepting. I always say to myself, ‘Be gentle with yourself, be gentle to others. Be kind to yourself, be kind to others.’” Even when it comes to the paparazzi? “I would think, ‘OK, it is what it is, it’s fine, they are just doing their job’, and then it would get to the point where I would take my son to the park and they’d be knocking people over – it was disturbing not only my world, but everyone’s around me, too. I thought, ‘How are we going to live peacefully like this, when I can’t even go to the park with my son? Something’s got to change.’”

When the ‘Bling Ring’ gang – a group of teenage burglars who targeted celebrities and who are the subject of Sofia Coppola’s latest movie – broke into Kerr’s Los Angeles home, stealing her lingerie and Bloom’s collection of watches, she simply shrugged it off. “The weird thing is that I am not attached to things: they come and they go. It could have been worse, that’s what I always say about everything. I mean, no one was hurt,” she adds.

Consequently, she and Bloom – whom she married in 2010 – relocated to New York a month ago. Their LA home had featured on a Hollywood bus tour of celebrity homes; in New York, the couple have kept their new address secret. Kerr is equally as careful when discussing her marriage. “I think it is really important not to feel as a woman that you have to do and be everything,” she explains. “I am quite dominant in my career, so what really works for me when I come home, is to relax more into the feminine side. If you’re really an alpha female, you don’t allow [your partner] to have the space to feel like the man in the relationship. Maybe I am too traditional, but men feel important when you ask for their help, instead of thinking you can do it all on your own.” In a more candid mode, she adds: “My mistake in my relationships has been to feel that I can do it all on my own: I don’t need a man. That is definitely a mistake. Women generally want to feel loved and appreciated. It’s something that I am working on every day, trust me! It’s a challenge for me to do that.”

With that in mind, Kerr has her work commitments for the entire year planned out to make sure family is her priority. In April, it was announced that her contract with Victoria’s Secret was ending after six years. She also dropped her long-time contract with Australian department store David Jones. There was speculation in the tabloids that Kerr was too old to continue with Victoria’s Secret. There is no truth to any of it, as she explains: “Ed [Razek, who has been casting the models for 15 years] and I are really good friends, and we both decided it was impractical for me to continue. I have such fond memories of working

with them.”

Kerr is healthily philosophical about it all. “Now that I am a mother and have my own business, it is a good time. I am ready. And now,” she adds with a beaming smile, revealing those famous dimples, “here I am!”

Get ready for Miranda Kerr’s second act.

Source: net-a-porter.com

Saw this on the local news!

Sandwich man held after alleged threat on [Former Victoria's Secret Miranda Kerr] model

BARNSTABLE — An East Sandwich man is undergoing a court-ordered mental health evaluation after he allegedly threatened to fly to Los Angeles to kill former Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr.

Steven C. Swanson, 52, of Captain Paine Road, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday in Barnstable District Court. Judge Robert Welsh III ordered him committed for psychiatric evaluation and set bail at $8,000. Sandwich police were notified of the threat by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Swanson allegedly called the sheriff's department dispatch and told them he planned to travel to L.A. next month to kill the curvy Australian brunette, whom he called his "soul mate." Swanson said he would get on a plane at Barnstable Municipal Airport in Hyannis, travel to Logan International Airport in Boston and then go to Los Angeles, where he would "turn the place upside down," records show.

When Sandwich police arrived at his house, he told them he was going to Los Angeles to rescue Kerr. He also claimed to be a federal agent, court records show. Swanson's house included photographs of Kerr on his refrigerator, microwave and bookshelf, records show. Swanson told police he planned to take two .45-caliber handguns he had ordered, but police found no firearms in his house. Police did confiscate a pellet gun "due to it looking like a real pistol."

Kerr lives in Los Angeles with her husband, actor Orlando Bloom, and their 2-year-old son, according to Us Weekly, which published a photograph of Kerr's Vogue Korea cover Wednesday.

Sandwich police arrested Swanson at 1:57 a.m. on a charge of making a threat concerning a firearm, which is a felony. He is due back in court July 19 for a pretrial hearing. A doctor, who was not identified in the courtroom, testified Swanson suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and had been off his medication since March.

Prosecutor Danielle Horgan requested the $8,000 cash bail, saying Swanson had a record that included a conviction for operating under the influence. Elizabeth Kliber, Swanson's court-appointed attorney, said he denies the allegations. Sandwich police and the L.A. sheriff's department are continuing their investigations.

capecodonline.com