Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

Shanina Shaik On Personal style, Life Mottos and Best Sushi in LA

Shanina Shaik is back in town this week for Kookai

New York based beauty Shanina Shaik is back in town this week, strutting her stuff for Kookai’s spring/summer collection launch on Wednesday night.

Shaik, who describes her personal style as “boho, a little East meets West,” says the new Kookai collection is a lot of fun to wear.

“It’s a really different look for this season – still the classic structures and silhouettes, but more flowy skirts and dresses. I love the colours – lot of burnt orange, electric pinks and blue,” says Shaik.

“When I think of summer and my style it’s about a free spirit, a little boho, a bit hippy.”

Shaik, 24, whose resume includes Chanel and Victoria’s Secret among loads more, is currently splitting her time between New York where she lives and LA where her boyfriend (DJ Ruckuks, the pair are suuuuper cute and PDA-y on Instagram) is based.

Travelling for her work is something that she particularly enjoys.

“Right now I love my job and travelling, and really just going with the flow,” she says, however she has big plans for the future.

“I have a lot of goals and dreams I still want to conquer, like heading into the acting direction and trying that,” she says.

Shaik also wants to use her personal experience with bullying to help others going through similar things.

“In the future I’d really love to work with a bullying charity …  I would love to work with children  to get information about bullying and how to deal with the issues of that,” she says.

As for what mantra she lives her life by?

“The best advice is from my mum, and that’s to be yourself, never compare yourself to anybody and I’ve learned over time to go with the flow, to live in the now, don’t live in the past.”

Shanina Shaik’s favourite things right now

Workout: Hot yoga, and Soul Cycle: “It’s like a club scene but you’re cycling … [it’s a] great adrenaline rush.

Apps: Cinematic, “it’s great, kind of like Snap Chat but you record it. You can cut and paste things and use it for videos" and Etsy – “Right now I’m looking for pieces for Burning Man”.

LA restaurant: “I love Sugar Fish in LA, amazing Japanese food and really fresh fish.”

Instagram accounts: Fashion brands like Balmain and Givenchy, Candice Swanepoel’s the mermaid files account “and my boyfriend’s.

Best social media tip: “I tend to find what gets people interested is people being themselves, having style to their pictures, and being creative and being different from everybody else.”

http://www.elle.com.au/news/fashion-news/2015/8/shanina-shaiks-favourite-things/

Shanina Shaik says Justin’s just a friend but DJ Ruckus is the one for her

post-88008-0-1446086320-19588_thumb.jpg

Shaik and Bieber have been romantically linked a few times after being photographed hanging out together.

“Everyone on social media thinks Justin and I dated, we’ve never dated, we are just really good friends,” Shaik said ahead of walking the catwalk at last night’s Kookai collection at CarriageWorks.

“I’ve known Justin for four years and I’m really great friends with Hailey Baldwin (Bieber’s girlfriend).”

The Victoria’s Secret model is based in New York and recently holidayed in Ibiza with her new boyfriend, Ruckus, who she’s hoping to bring to Australia in the coming months to meet her family.

“I hope he’s the one,” she said, adding they will soon travel to the famous Burning Man festival together. “I love music and I love to dance, we synch really well.”

Victoria’s Secret supermodel Shanina Shaik on Kookai, summer style and Snapchat

post-88008-0-1446086321-01994_thumb.jpg

SHE is one of Australia’s most successful models but Shanina Shaik says she still works “really hard” to get her catwalk-ready body.

The New York-based brunette, 24, is back Down Under to walk in Kookai’s spring/summer collection launch tonight.

“You have to find what works for you,” Shaik said.

“I tend to mix up my workouts to shock my body and keep it changing all the time.”

“I like to do SoulCycle and pilates and if I’m away, I bring my skipping rope and I just try to find a gym and keep up with my cardio,” Shaik told News Corp Australia today.

“I think it’s important to get at least 20 minutes of cardio each day.”

Bikini

“I love the colours and the cuts of the bikinis — it’s kind of like tribal, bohemian style,” she said.

READY FOR HER CLOSE UP

The Melbourne-raised model hopes to again walk for Victoria’s Secret this year.

“Nothing’s certain, they always recast the show. I’ll be trying out again for this year so we’ll see how we go.

“Luckily, I go to the callback casting each year because I’ve done the show, which takes a bit of pressure off me but still.

“You have pretty much one minute to go in there and walk ... it’s all about your body as well.”

But modelling for the lingerie giant isn’t just about looks.

“They really push for personality and having fun — being yourself and being relaxed and just having fun,” Shaik said.

“Each year I get nervous ... I get butterflies. I work really hard leading up to the casting. And I just do my best.”

Snapchat

Shaik has nearly half a million followers on Instagram and joined Snapchat a few months ago — a growing trend for “it” girls and models like Emily Ratajkowski.

“I’m just being myself (on Snapchat),” she said.

“It shows what you do day to day. I usually just Snapchat what I like and what I’m doing and want everyone to see the behind the scenes of our work and to see that it’s not as easy a job as it looks.

“I think with Instagram, I tend to show more of my travel and my work and what I do on set rather than behind the scenes as I do on Snapchat. It is really raw, less filters, less time to nit pick.”

“I like to be myself and show everybody the real me.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/victorias-secret-supermodel-shanina-shaik-on-kookai-summer-style-and-snapchat/story-fnjeuzyi-1227490465677