Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

OMG ! She has a new editorial in Vogue India :clap:

post-37343-0-08847500-1417802495_thumb.j

@shaninamshaik : New @vogueindia editorial December issue. Photographed by @kristianschuller stylist @mrfabioimmediato #vogueindia#thankyou

post-37343-0-70279300-1417802520_thumb.j

@shaninamshaik : I had so much fun & also interesting time shooting with all the farm animals for @vogueindia #vogueindia

post-37343-0-03540500-1417802529_thumb.j

@shaninamshaik : @vogueindia

I've been a fan of Shanina for many years, but the entire time I've been vacillating between liking her and not liking her  :/ It wasn't still last night that I figured out what it is about Shanina that I can't seem to "get"...

She's a stunning girl for sure, but her work for a lack of better words is... boring. Even her VS work is boring in hindsight. Something about Shanina's presence never transitions into her pictures and I've never had a wow moment with her,  more of a meh nice picture moment.  Now I'm not saying her pics are bad, but they're nothing special. Even on the VSFS runway she tends to fall flat. Same thing has happened with my like of BPalvin.

Do any of you feel the same or is it just me?

Loving the new Indian Vogue pics  :flower:  wonderful pics. Shanina is amazing and so beautiful and I can't wait to see more of her upcoming work. I hope VS consider making her an Angel as she always looks one of the best in their shows.

Prettyphile - no it's just you

I've been a fan of Shanina for many years, but the entire time I've been vacillating between liking her and not liking her  :/ It wasn't still last night that I figured out what it is about Shanina that I can't seem to "get"...

She's a stunning girl for sure, but her work for a lack of better words is... boring. Even her VS work is boring in hindsight. Something about Shanina's presence never transitions into her pictures and I've never had a wow moment with her,  more of a meh nice picture moment.  Now I'm not saying her pics are bad, but they're nothing special. Even on the VSFS runway she tends to fall flat. Same thing has happened with my like of BPalvin.

I think I know what you mean. I find her print work somewhat lacking and don't have wow moments. I thought she did well in VSFS this year on the runway (looked on the video which shows her full walk) but in a lot of the backstage pics and an interview I watched on Australian news, to me, she looked  bored :/

Don't forget Shanina is really shy. She said it in interviews : she is not a very expansive person. :) IMO, she is not bored, she is just a little bit reserved.

And I understand your point of view, Pretty -even if I'm not very objective with Shanina. I think some of her editorial look like each other... because she often works for the same magazines and photographers. She needs more diversity to show what she can do ! I do believe she is a good model but she hasn't enough opportunities to prove it.

And sorry for my poor english... :/

THIS

Also throw her douchebag bf in the mix and it's like NOPE. But she is a very beautiful woman and it's hard not to like her.

So her front cover for Harpers Singapore, Harpers Bazaar Australia, Marie Claire, Vogue Australia, Harpers India  are very much the same looks? Is that the choice of the model? Are they all the same photographer - no. I believe Shanina has come along way and proven her diversity and can do both high fashion and commercial. At the same time she has walked for some famous designers Chanel, Oscar De La Renta, Jason Wu, Vivenne Westwood, Tom Ford just to name a few. I'm sorry I disagree with you all and find her look diverse and Shanina an amazing model with a huge future. 

I don't agree that she looked bored at all backstage at VS so not sure where that's coming from based on pics posted. Nevertheless, that's my opinion :flower:

Compared to previous years when she's been a highlight and fun presence backstage, this year I've barely seen backstage shots where she's even smiling. And no I don't expect her to smile all the time, but this year it's like she had no spark and no excitement.  And I can't say it is due to her natural shyness, when she's been different in previous years.  

But I felt she delivered on the runway from the footage I've seen, one of the better walks in the ET segment. Her walk was pretty slow, which suited the music - other girls walked it too fast and it looked off. 

Agree elfstone she does athletic shoots well - and her VSX is her best work for VS. 

Prettyphile - no it's just you

Apparently not just me :) And thanks for reporting me, always lovely to get those (Note the Admin tag... o.o ). If what I'm saying effects Shanina's career, then that's just sad. I wasn't aware that one person's random statement on the internet had such a bearing on the career and life of a model. :) This isn't a Shanina fansite, this is a public forum where people are allowed to express opinions as they see fit and I said nothing remotely disparaging.