Bellazon

Daria Werbowy
Thumbnail

goose

in a russian interview she said her family doesn't call her dasha.

i think b/c thier family bacame too northamerican

I gess, but i'v heard that Canada and Russia are somuch alike...

:blink: Omg that's the most radiculous thing ever, becouse it's like the total opposite.. believe me I am from Bulgaria and our (& the whole Eastern European) culture it's very close to the russian and there is nothing alike to the north american.. i mean the difference is enourmous it's worlds apart.. our culture is sooooooo much better and traditional and warmer and well.. while Canada does not have much of a culture.. I'm sure ppl that have moved from Eastern Europe to North America know exacly what I mean :whistle:

that isn't true at all. her family is rather acculturated, her mum also taught ukranian, she went to an ukranian school and she's fluent both in polish and ukranian.

and then you just have to read or listent to an interview of hers to understand that she has strong european roots.

You are absolutely right!

There are a bunch of similarities between them too - the size, the weather, the hockey...:D

I hate the cold weather here & hockey Lol

But wait where did Russia came from anyways, she's Ucranian lol, but still.. similar cultures like i said earlier :)

ange your new siggy is great :woot: :woot:

Merci, I'm glad you like it. :hug:

I agree with you Betty>>>>>> I can't stand the weather we have in winter :ninja:

Ya uugh i can't go outside for 5 secons or I'll freeze to death it's horrible! And wayy too much snow with all the snow storms..

Where do you live?

our culture is sooooooo much better and traditional and warmer and well.. while Canada does not have much of a culture.. I'm sure ppl that have moved from Eastern Europe to North America know exacly what I mean :whistle:

:yuckky: <_<

i'd be curious to know how much time you've spent in Canada. i dare say it's more than a little ignorant to call it a country without much culture.

despite loving my strong old european roots, i must say i have a lot of admiration for canada and its open society. for instance it's one of the few country where gay marriage is allowed. i can't say there's much tolerance about this subject in the east of europe... *cough cough* and i think united states have many cultural interesting and important aspects too (which unfortunately tend to be overwhelmed by other sick things...).

anyway, coming to daria, i think she took the best from new and old world, that's why she's so refined and classy.

about that interview, i don't remember exactly if it's the one in vogue russia from late autumn-winter 2005-06. i should have collected at the lab.

our culture is sooooooo much better and traditional and warmer and well.. while Canada does not have much of a culture.. I'm sure ppl that have moved from Eastern Europe to North America know exacly what I mean :whistle:

:yuckky: <_<

i'd be curious to know how much time you've spent in Canada. i dare say it's more than a little ignorant to call it a country without much culture.

canada is great country but betty is right, what culture it has? nothing indeed, all habitants are imigrants

I gess, but i'v heard that Canada and Russia are somuch alike...

:blink: Omg that's the most radiculous thing ever, becouse it's like the total opposite.. believe me I am from Bulgaria and our (& the whole Eastern European) culture it's very close to the russian and there is nothing alike to the north american.. i mean the difference is enourmous it's worlds apart.. our culture is sooooooo much better and traditional and warmer and well.. while Canada does not have much of a culture.. I'm sure ppl that have moved from Eastern Europe to North America know exacly what I mean :whistle:

Agreed ppl who moved to Canada they like their own culture beter, thats why Russians trying to leave in the Russian area of Canada and Bulgarians trying to leave in Bulgarian area. And those areas keep up traditions of original culture. So when i sayed that Canada and Rassia are alike i ment giografic and weather wise not people and culture. :yuckky:

There are a bunch of similarities between them too - the size, the weather, the hockey...:D

I hate the cold weather here & hockey Lol

But wait where did Russia came from anyways, she's Ucranian lol, but still.. similar cultures like i said earlier :)

I'l give you a litle lesson of our history: when Darias aprants were born, and even when daria was born, it was 1 counry called USSR and main (political) part was that part which right now called Russian Federation ;) . And way before than her parents were born it was still 1 counry and Ukreinian elite horse riding forces used to be the only ones who was allowed to secure the epirer of country called Russian Empire which had the same flag as Russia right now.

Now its two different govermants but people are still brothers and keep seeing them self as a nation of some country wich is not Asia and not Europe, but stays betwin them.