Bellazon

Julia Stegner
Thumbnail

goose

scanned and translated by cold_sun tfs

maxiin6.th.jpg

Julia Stegner, German Topmodel and ambassador for Maybelline Jade about little flaws, big dreams and the town, that doesnt let her sleep.

Moving from Munich-Ismaning to New York: It wasnt an easy decision for Julia Stegner. 'But three years ago it became to exhasuting for me to always fly back and forth', the 24-year old says. We've met her in East Village, her new home.

Maxi: What do you love about your new home ?

Stegner: That everything is so easy here. You can order food in the middle of the night ,go to the spa or gym.

Maxi: And what is not so nice ?

Stegner: I always run on adrenaline, always have the feeling of having to do something. And the soundscape here - clattering ventilators everywhere.

Maxi: Do you miss your family ?

Stegner: Very, we're phoning a lot. I also phone my best friend almost every day.

Maxi: Your sister is only two years older. Does she envy you for your turbulent live ?

Stegner: In all honesty ? I think hers is much more exciting. Im not the type thats hanging around at parties and she is an associate producer for movies. But being in front of the camera has never been her thing.

Maxi: Did you actualy consider yourself as pretty as a teenager ?

Stegner: I didnt actually brim over with confidence, have always been tall and skinny. That's why men hardly ever came up to me when I was out. Ive just always been called the 'smoked mackerel'.

Maxi: What do like the most about you and what the least ?

Stegner: Oh dear, as a woman you always have something to complain about yourself. My slightly crooked mouth for example, you see it especially on the runway when I walk straight up to the photographer. For shootings, I can turn my head a bit. I like my hair. Im proud that they've never been coloured or highlighted - all natural !

Maxi: Is there a photgrapher you would have liked to work with ?

Stegner: Helmut Newton ! I was requested for a job three years ago and didnt dare, as I knew all the stories and photos of him. I only thought 'Oh god, I have to take my clothes off. And I was to shy for that. Im still annoyed by that today.

Maxi: Julia Stegner in 10 years ?

Stegner: (laughs) Very boring. In Munich with house, dog, children. I am a family person.