sarnic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Source: NYTimes

Spotted on the Street | Georgia Fowler

WOMEN'S FASHION | By TINA TURNBOW | OCTOBER 21, 2011, 10:00 AM

post-42006-1329947148_thumb.jpg

The Girl: Georgia Fowler, a model at IMG Worldwide. She also studies psychology.

The Place: Lower Broadway between Vesey and Barclay Streets.

The Look: A striking yet ethereal mix of the beauties Milla Jovovich and Scarlett Johansson.

The Makeup: "I love mascara! Maybelline Great Lash has always worked well for me. For my lips, I like Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry. I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser in the shower and a flannel to dry my face; it gives a nice bit of exfoliation. I moisturize with Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream."

The Hair: "I don't get my hair done often, just trims on shoots. I take biotin for hair growth. When I want to give it extra texture, I use Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray."

The Clothes: "I change my style daily. I go from rock to vintage feminine to boyish in denims, and also can be very boho at times. I think being in a career where you're constantly being dressed up encourages you to be creative with your style."

Beauty Idols: "Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman for their beautiful, pale skin, and also Halle Berry for her golden bronziness."

................................................................................

Source: GQ

Like the Boys: Georgia Fowler

post-42006-1329947490_thumb.jpeg

BY SEAN HOTCHKISS

Spotlighting menswear's better half...

Name: Georgia Fowler

Hometown: Auckland, NZ

Why men's clothing: "In New Zealand, we dress casually: a T-shirt and jeans... I do love how undone and effortless it looks, as well as how much more comfortable men's jeans are in comparison to something super skinny. I think that baggy look on women can be very flattering, and menswear-inspired women's clothing tends to look and feel amazing."

What guys should be wearing: "I love seeing guys in suits! You don't see it often back home, but a good suit makes any guy jump to a ten in my book. I especially love a black, sleek suit."

Bow ties? "Amazing..."

Favorite thing about New York: "The energy, and being able to get anything I need at any time of the day. The thing I miss most is the smell of fresh air, and being close to the beach."

Georgia wears a double pocket shirt and bow tie by Ian Velardi, trousers by HUGO Hugo Boss, and shoes by Mark McNairy. Her jacket is Boglioli.

Photography by Justin Chung (www.justinchungphotography.com). Styling by Isaac Hindin Miller (www.isaaclikes.com).

photo: Justin Chung for Justin Chung Photography

Source: stylemeromy

post-42006-1329960567_thumb.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012 SMR lookbook: The Ultimate Coat

My choice of winter coat is Dion Lee's a littleoversized, prominent shouldered 40's style silhouette with a cinchedin belted waist. Fits perfectLEE!

All Photos: Patrick Mcgreal for StyleMeRomy.com Styling: Romy Frydman Hair and Make-up: Victoria Baron Shot at Sunstudios Model: Georgia Fowler (Priscillas) wears Dion Lee coat $1790 and Yves Saint Laurent shoes $1485 from David Jones

POSTED BY ROMY

Source: IsaacLikes.com

THURSDAY, JULY 15 , 2010

#1348 Georgia Fowler's favourite modelling experience has been working with Nicolas Ghesquiere

Just four days after I blogged about Georgia Fowler landing on models.com, Wellington's Dominion Post ran an interview with the Auckland native, calling her 'the next big thing'. Citing interested clients Calvin Klein, YSL, Top Shop and Armani, the article states that she's been "making big ripples on the international circuit in the last couple of years". The models.com nod wasn't mentioned.

Here's what Fowler had to say for herself.

On New Zealand women:: "There's something about Kiwi women that gives us a natural beauty and an aura, as well as the ability to feel completely comfortable with a beer in hand watching rugby with a group of boys. We are unaware and self-deprecating, which is refreshing."

On the pitfalls of modelling: "Modelling might seem like the best job in the world, but like many other jobs, there are a lot of downfalls. While it all sounds glamorous, it is hard having to be away from home for months at a time, and handing all plans to your bookers with no clue what the next week or even day holds."

On her favourite modelling moments to date: "The most amazing experience so far has been working with Nicolas Ghesquiere (Balenciaga), and meeting Sonia Rykiel. While in Paris, I also worked for French magazine L'Officiel and walked for Lacoste. Elsewhere, highlights would be shooting for Teen Vogue, AnOther, British and Australian Vogue, and Harper's Bazaar, as well as various fashion weeks."

On telling people what she does: "I try not to bring up the fact that I'm a model unnecessarily."

On a model's use by date: "In this industry, I'll be old when I'm 22, sadly."

On life after modelling: "I'm doing a Bachelor of Science degree extramurally, so I hope to do something with that later on."

Source: Print Magazine

Interview.

Georgia Fowler is a busy girl, having recently shot for H&M and having also the Stolen Girlfriends Club's recent Campaign (and not to mention her Victoria's Secret stint) under her belt, Miss Fowler is a force to be reckoned with. Being as beautiful as Georgia is, there's no surprise really as to why she's doing so blinken well in the modelling world. And she even took time to fill out our little questionnaire. Isn't that sweet? Thanks Georgia!!

Where are you from? Kohimarama, Auckland, New Zealand. But I'm half Australian and was born and lived in England until I was five.

Height: 5' 10"

Favourite Colour: Yellow

How long have you been modelling for? Seven years?? Two years full time.

How did you begin your modelling career? My sister was scouted, and I got signed at twelve.

Who is your favourite photographer to shoot with? There are too many to choose one. I love working with Steven Chee, Steven Tilly, Jez Smith, Derek Henderson, Craig Owen, etcetcetc. I haven't really ever worked with a bad photographer.

What do you do to pass time while waiting round on sets and at shows? I'm a crossword fanatic!!

What sort of music do you like listening too when you're modelling? Depends on the feel of the shoot. If it's meant to be energetic I'd like some hip-hop, and if it's a little more relaxed some indie-pop.

Apart from modelling, what else do you do? I'm studying psychology and marketing at university extramurally.

Where's your favourite place in the world? Home.

Who is your favourite person/people to be around? My handsome boyfriend Curtis.

What's your favourite season and why? Spring, it's the season the farm animals are born.

How would you describe your own style? My style has multiple personalities. I go from boyish to rocky, to gypsy. But if I'm at home I live in sports gear and don't think twice about it.

Do you have a nickname? G, George, Georgie. And a childhood name I'm trying to keep quiet!

If you could live in a specific era, which era would it be? Early Nineties for the music.

The one thing you can't live without? Family, does that count as one? And food.

Define the word "beautiful". Beautiful to me is an aura displayed

What's the last nightmare you had about? Dentist's surgeries. After having gone to one yesterday and having to triple dose on anaesthetics.

What are your dreams and desires for the future? Be the best I can be, and happy with what I have. Become a successful model, with a VS and a few beauty contracts. And maybe a few top designer exclusives under my belt. Then an army of children and a house with a 360 degree view of the ocean.

Express Makeup by Rae Morris (book)

192 pages

Source: seechee.com, tfs

Scans and HQs - Georgia Fowler

Note: These are only some of the images from the book. I do not own the book. Anyone who does is more than welcome to post the remaining scans.

th_8aa02d176807440.jpg/monthly_02_2012/post-42006-0-1446021260-67562_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="2787726" alt="post-42006-0-1446021260-67562_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="70.26"> post-42006-0-1446021260-76207_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446021260-806_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446021260-83563_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446021260-84998_thumb.jpg post-42006-0-1446021260-88448_thumb.jpgpost-42006-0-1446021260-90923_thumb.jpg