Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

Amazing Spiderman

I thought it was fun but it wasn't that different from the Raimi Spidey film. I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Garfield that much. I'm not really familiar with the spiderman comics but is he supposed to seem like a douche? lol because that's the vibe I got from Garfield. Aside from that, I liked the chemistry between the leads.

Amazing Spiderman

I thought it was fun but it wasn't that different from the Raimi Spidey film. I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Garfield that much. I'm not really familiar with the spiderman comics but is he supposed to seem like a douche? lol because that's the vibe I got from Garfield. Aside from that, I liked the chemistry between the leads.

I wanted to see this, and was wondering how it was. I am definetly not a fan of Garfield either. I also thought in the trailers and stuff, he looked like a douchey, peter parker. And his interviews only confirmed to me that andrew is a definite douche. And tobey in the spider movies was very shy, caring, sensitive, and nerdy, and I think thats what Peter Parker is SUPPOSED to be ;)

Anywho overall did you think the raimi/tobey spiderman was a better movie??

Amazing Spiderman

I wanted to see this, and was wondering how it was. I am definetly not a fan of Garfield either. I also thought in the trailers and stuff, he looked like a douchey, peter parker. And his interviews only confirmed to me that andrew is a definite douche. And tobey in the spider movies was very shy, caring, sensitive, and nerdy, and I think thats what Peter Parker is SUPPOSED to be ;)

lol what did he say in interviews?

imo, SM2 > SM > TASM >>> SM3

Spiderman 2 is one of my favorite superhero movies. TASM had a really underwhelming villain and it didn't really.. bring anything new? like you know how Nolan Batman movies are completely different from the burton batman films.. well TASM wasn't that different from the Raimi ones.

Amazing Spiderman

lol what did he say in interviews?

imo, SM2 > SM > TASM >>> SM3

Spiderman 2 is one of my favorite superhero movies. TASM had a really underwhelming villain and it didn't really.. bring anything new? like you know how Nolan Batman movies are completely different from the burton batman films.. well TASM wasn't that different from the Raimi ones.

Ohh just the way Andrew talks. Talks like hes the Sh*t and always jokes around and trys to act like hes all badass. loll watch one of his interviews. Just screams douche ;)

And I didn't think TASM was gonna really bring anything new besides some better special affects. What shocked me when I saw the trailer for TASM, I'm like are they really REMAKING a movie that just came out like 8 years ago?? :laugh:

^^ I still haven't seen it, but I adore Tobey and Emma Stone so I think it'll be a hard choice.

I must admit I've only seen Garfield in the social network, so I can't say much about him yet.

If he's indeed a bit cocky, that'd be a shame, because I just love Emma (and him together)

Anyway, right now planning a 20-hour Harry Potter marathon with friends :clap:

I solemnly swear i'm up to no good :laugh:

^I think we all knew it was too soon for a Spidey reboot but I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised all round. The presentation reminded me more of Ultimate Spider-Man, with Parker more smart loner than awkward nerd (as in the Raimi version). Both actors bring different strengths to the role, of course - Tobey Maguire was great in scenes of family interaction, Andrew is great at the general wisecracking superhero antics. I thought the chemistry between Garfield and Emma Stone was better than that of Tobey and Kirsten too. :)

Overall, I'd put this one behind 'Spider-Man 2' but ahead of the first Tobey movie. I watched part one recently and I really don't think it's aged all that well. Hopefully, this will be like when 'Batman Begins' came out - relatively successful in theaters, more so on DVD, followed by genuine excitement for the next one. A sequel not competing with Avengers or Batman should tear up the box office.

the hunger games

lol I'm so behind on this. I only managed to see it this week and I didn't like it :/ the effects were really cheesy and the ending was really rushed. Plus the main girl had it wayy too easy in the game..

^Book was much, much better. I thought the movie was decent, but it was kinda a letdown.

Books are always better, but with HG I was extremely dissapointed in what was left out :(

And also the Arena scenes weren't that bad, but the Capitol etc looked like a weird carnival :/