Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

^ I noticed that too. It's a hasty edit. The commercial would've been even more powerful if they had let the moment play out i.e. Barbara raises her eyes to look at the camera.

Still waiting on Barbara to do (another) photo shoot with Francisco Lachowski :(

post-38690-0-1446057747-53518_thumb.gif

(gif)

Yeah, I think they needed only Francisco Lachowski's satisfied smirk for having clear skin and getting the girl at the end of the commercial :D They didn't need people to have enough time to take in the two beautiful models as a couple to get the point across.

Barbara and Francisco have worked for a lot of the same clients like Mavi Jeans, Armani Exchange and L'Oréal but they have always been paired with other models. There has been just two brief moments of the two of them together in L'Oréal's commercials. I don't understand why L'Oréal hasn't utilized Barbara and Francisco together more often.

^ Really, you don't get excited by the idea of the two of them working together on a shoot?? :D (For me it's not about manips). I think they'd look gorgeous together. I'm curious to see how their looks and style would complement each other now that both of them are a little bit older and more mature.

Sometimes I see the work that Francisco Lachowski has done with other models and wonder whether the campaigns would've been even better if they had cast Barbara as "the girl" since models like her are more on his level in my opinion.

ETA

Oh, I just realized that you have a picture of Marlon Teixeira as your avatar :D Would you prefer Marlon to be cast as Barbara's "leading man" instead of Francisco? Usually Marlon and Francisco are seen as contemporaries, they've been on several shoots together, so it really comes down to personal taste. They are kinda like the male versions of Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio :D  

^ Really, you don't get excited by the idea of the two of them working together on a shoot?? :D (For me it's not about manips). I think they'd look gorgeous together. I'm curious to see how their looks and style would complement each other now that both of them are a little bit older and more mature.

Sometimes I see the work that Francisco Lachowski has done with other models and wonder whether the campaigns would've been even better if they had cast Barbara as "the girl" since models like her are more on his level in my opinion.

ETA

Oh, I just realized that you have a picture of Marlon Teixeira as your avatar :D Would you prefer Marlon to be cast as Barbara's "leading man" instead of Francisco? Usually Marlon and Francisco are seen as contemporaries, they've been on several shoots together, so it really comes down to personal taste. They are kinda like the male versions of Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio :D  

EXACTLY!  :brows:  :brows:  I've been waiting for them to do a shooting together for a looong time. (He also worked with Barb for L'Oréal, but never in the same shot :cry2: ) They are both very handsome and Francisco is one of my favourite male models too, but I think Marlon's mature greek God look would fit it perfectly next to Barbara's. Btw I agree with you, that's a matter of taste. 

And yes, I used to do the same with a lot of Marlon's campain, for example the Osmoze one with Candice!! Even if she's super beautiful..

I would've loved to see Barbara in the "Coachella" setting with Francisco Lachowski for Armani Exchange. And Francisco in the summer 2012 Armani Exchange campaign with Barbara. (There were really cute shots of Barbara and another male model in the winter 2012 campaign. The male model had a good look for that shoot.) I've even thought about Barbara replacing Sara Sampaio in the Armani Exchange campaign that she and another female model did with Francisco and Marlon... Just because it seemed like the girls weren't really feeling boys :D And I would've loved to see Barbara with Francisco for the summer 2015 Mavi Jeans campaign although Mavi seemed to be going for a bit different aesthetic with the models that were chosen for the campaign.

ETA

EXACTLY!  :brows:  :brows:  I've been waiting for them to do a shooting together for a looong time. (He also worked with Barb for L'Oréal, but never in the same shot :cry2: ) They are both very handsome and Francisco is one of my favourite male models too, but I think Marlon's mature greek God look would fit it perfectly next to Barbara's. Btw I agree with you, that's a matter of taste. 

And yes, I used to do the same with a lot of Marlon's campain, for example the Osmoze one with Candice!! Even if she's super beautiful..

I'm not familiar with the campaign that Marlon did with Candice but I'm glad you mentioned her. I was hesitant to bring up Sara because I don't want to offend anyone. Obviously, Candice and Sara are beautiful models in their own right but even models can fit together better with certain models over some other ones based on their look and vibe.

I've been waiting for them to do a shooting together for a looong time. (He also worked with Barb for L'Oréal, but never in the same shot :cry2: )

True! At least there are a couple of moments of Barbara and Francisco in the same shot but those who prefer to see Barbara and Marlon together don't even have that even though all of them were at the same shoot!

Marlon's mature greek God look

Hah, he definitely looks like a Greek god! I thought exactly that when I looked at his thread yesterday.

Armani Exchange has always had good taste in fact of choosing models for its campaign, but not for combinating them. (Except for that one with Barbara and Alexandre Cunha, imho they looked gorgeous together)

True! At least there are a couple of moments of Barbara and Francisco in the same shot but those who prefer to see Barbara and Marlon together don't even have that even though all of them were at the same shoot!

You have well done manips too.. This breaks my heart into millions of pieces!!  :cry2:

I loved Armani Exchange campaigns, I was sad to see that the company had removed all their videos on YouTube. :( At least there are some Barbara fan accounts that have uploaded some of them.

Francisco Lachowski's father is of Polish decent so maybe that's what I picked up on him when I got the idea that he and Barbara would look good together.

I know that Barbara modelling with Francisco for Armani Exchange is wishful thinking since the campaigns Francisco shot were before Barbara's time ("Armani Exchange Spring Summer 2011" was the Coachella one and "Armani Exchange High Voltage Holiday 2011" was the one with Sara Sampaio, Marlon Teixeira, and one other model). But perhaps Francisco could've done the 2012 campaigns with Barbara... It seems like they just missed each other, didn't cross paths at the right time. What could've been...

I remember reading a bizarre comment that someone had left on one of the pictures on Francisco's Instagram. Basically, the commenter didn't like that Francisco is with someone else and not with Barbara. The comment would have been quite rude and inappropriate if it weren't for the ridiculous notion that Francisco thinks that Barbara is not "good enough" for him. At first I thought that the person who left the comment is a shipper and takes shipping too seriously. Now I suspect that it was a young fan who thought that those manips of Barbara and Francisco are real.

Could it be that Marlon's career is doing so well that he is being paired with top female high fashion models so it's less likely that he and Barbara will be chosen to do a campaign together? :/

Could it be that Marlon's career is doing so well that he is being paired with top female high fashion models so it's less likely that he and Barbara will be chosen to do a campaign together? :/

Barbara is a top model though.  She was just in the August W Magazine editorial with other top models.  I think people in the industry know how good she is even if she doesn't always do top model work.

^ That's a good point but wasn't the theme of the shoot about being big on social media so Chrissy Teigen was also included?

Marlon has shot campaigns for S/S 2015 season with the likes of Anna Jagodzinska and Caroline Trentini. And as a male model you can't get any better than shooting a fragrance ad with Gisele Bündchen :D

(Of course being Brazilian is a big factor when it comes to deciding which models do campaigns together.)

Maybe Barbara could raise her profile so that she would be in consideration with models like Alessandra Ambrosio and Candice Swanepoel. That way Marlon and Barbara could be cast in the same campaign!

Right now the most likely scenario might be L'Oreal Men Expert needing a female model for an ad or a commercial that Marlon stars in.

I remember reading a bizarre comment that someone had left on one of the pictures on Francisco's Instagram. Basically, the commenter didn't like that Francisco is with someone else and not with Barbara. The comment would have been quite rude and inappropriate if it weren't for the ridiculous notion that Francisco thinks that Barbara is not "good enough" for him. At first I thought that the person who left the comment is a shipper and takes shipping too seriously. Now I suspect that it was a young fan who thought that those manips of Barbara and Francisco are real.

I used to think that too, but she's been the cover of Elle Brazil so I guess she's up to him.  :idk:

That kind of comments you mentioned really bother me, 'cause Francisco has a wife and a son and most of the time those shippers are so rude and disrespectful to them. 

Marlon has shot campaigns for S/S 2015 season with the likes of Anna Jagodzinska and Caroline Trentini. And as a male model you can't get any better than shooting a fragrance ad with Gisele Bündchen :D

Megan Fox and Brooke Shields too!

Right now the most likely scenario might be L'Oreal Men Expert needing a female model for an ad or a commercial that Marlon stars in.

Studio Line*. They stared for the male and female version of the product. Maybe one day they will make a commercial together, like she did with another model for matt and messy.  :wub2:  :wub2: