Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

[...] So how does a model land the high-paying pact? “The answer will surprise you–it’s how women respond to them,” says Ed Razek, chief marketing office of Victoria’s Secret, talking on the phone from parent company L Brands LB +0.00% home base of Columbus, Ohio. “We’re interested in appealing to women because women do 99% of the shopping in Victoria’s Secret.”

Though Angels have a reputation for being bombshells, Razek says he seeks models women aspire to rather than sex objects men salivate over. “All of these women would be the best looking girl any guy had ever seen–guys are easy,” Razek chuckles. “Women have to say, I want to look like that, I want to have that spirit or that confidence and strength.”

There isn’t an age limit for Angels. Adriana Lima is 34–senior by model standards–while current Victoria’s Secret model Taylor Hill is just 19. “Adriana Lima has consistently been supportive of younger models,” Razek says. “She doesn’t treat them as a threat or competition, she will answer any question for them.”

“There are rare athletes and rare models who have very long careers because they do the work, prepare and don’t take it for granted,” Razek says. He recounted a young model who was disappointed she didn’t make the show after appearing in it the previous year. When she asked why, Razek explained: “Every night I see a picture of you on Instagram from a club, night after night, and every night [while] you were doing that Adriana Lima was jumping rope for 3 hours.”

Ed's interview for Forbes. Here's the full article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/09/17/the-angel-life-how-to-make-it-as-a-victorias-secret-model/

Am i the only that thought of barb?

[...] So how does a model land the high-paying pact? “The answer will surprise you–it’s how women respond to them,” says Ed Razek, chief marketing office of Victoria’s Secret, talking on the phone from parent company L Brands LB +0.00% home base of Columbus, Ohio. “We’re interested in appealing to women because women do 99% of the shopping in Victoria’s Secret.”

Though Angels have a reputation for being bombshells, Razek says he seeks models women aspire to rather than sex objects men salivate over. “All of these women would be the best looking girl any guy had ever seen–guys are easy,” Razek chuckles. “Women have to say, I want to look like that, I want to have that spirit or that confidence and strength.”

There isn’t an age limit for Angels. Adriana Lima is 34–senior by model standards–while current Victoria’s Secret model Taylor Hill is just 19. “Adriana Lima has consistently been supportive of younger models,” Razek says. “She doesn’t treat them as a threat or competition, she will answer any question for them.”

“There are rare athletes and rare models who have very long careers because they do the work, prepare and don’t take it for granted,” Razek says. He recounted a young model who was disappointed she didn’t make the show after appearing in it the previous year. When she asked why, Razek explained: “Every night I see a picture of you on Instagram from a club, night after night, and every night [while] you were doing that Adriana Lima was jumping rope for 3 hours.”

Ed's interview for Forbes. Here's the full article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/09/17/the-angel-life-how-to-make-it-as-a-victorias-secret-model/

Am i the only that thought of barb?

Woah! :o

Barbara is definitely one of those people who has so much potential that it makes one crazy because she doesn't seem to realize it.

But I guess it's easier for an outsider to see what someone else could achieve than to be the one who has to go out and do it.

And maybe she did make the mistake of taking the opportunities that she had been given for granted because she booked so prestigious jobs early on.

Still seems like an awfully high price to pay for partying. Wasn't Stella doing a lot of that as well? Maybe her body type lets her get away with it better than Barbara's.

If there isn't anything more behind Barbara being dropped from VS, maybe Barbara can make a comeback if she gets her body together and is able to show VS that she has matured and is ready to take the job seriously?