Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Once again some very nice words about Leo :heart:

Screenshot_20240116-135450_Instagram.thumb.jpg.56dfc3e07f6bf3909e09455ae2b4b592.jpg

Reginald Hudlin, Leonardo Di Caprio and Alexander Hudlin at a celebration of Martin Scorsese’s KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON at the home of Mike and Irena Medavoy. In addition to being a magnificent actor, Leonardo is a wonderful person. He was lovely to my son, who he briefly met at craft service in the set of DJANGO UNCHAINED. He’s thoughtful, smart and hilarious. And if you haven’t seen the movie, it’s a crucial part of American history that needed to be told.

Source

@akatosh I finally watched THE HEIRESS and while Olivia de Havilland was really great the most upsetting part for me was actually her father and how he treatened her so terrible and loveless 😤 But otherwise than Mollie I could totally understand why she felt for Montgomery Clift here 😄

He's pure eye candy 🍭👀💋

5f88fe4de07993fd6a400abd5a7d0de9f545d190 096220cc8b6462b5c432c1cf6038b613ffd808c7

The entire movie I was hoping her horrible father was wrong about him 😆

cf94392b02121ee83e82ff743c4dac1ddf9f4dba

Also this made me chuckle lol

5e5f8ec1a8fe7db063aa65637bee35084b8e8b0e

7b4a9c18f5a17b92bdd9cd1cf2d42fac503c1b31

#my dating life

THE HEIRESS (1949) directed by William Wyler

Now I have to watch "Wild River" the 3rd Montgomery Clift inspiration for KOTFM 😁 

The 4th one "Red River" (how confusing) also with Montgomery Clift and John Wayne seems to reflect the Leo/De Niro dynamic.

Martin Scorsese names the movies that inspired ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’

Akatosh

Yes, from KOTFM being a strong player on the longlist , it didn't do well at all on the final ballots.  As without director there is little chance it will take film, and Downey seems a lock to take supporting , so , like recent Critics Choice, it appears KOTFM will not win anything 

And, I agree, no Lilly was quite surprising.  

Next up the Oscar nominations on Tuesday 

33 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Akatosh

Yes, from KOTFM being a strong player on the longlist , it didn't do well at all on the final ballots.  As without director there is little chance it will take film, and Downey seems a lock to take supporting , so , like recent Critics Choice, it appears KOTFM will not win anything 

And, I agree, no Lilly was quite surprising.  

Next up the Oscar nominations on Tuesday 

To be quite honest, I don't wanna sound too pessimistic, but I don't think Leo will be nominated for an Oscar, unfortunately. I don't even care about these awards anymore, it's getting just ridiculous, seriously. However, I am still getting my hopes up for Lily, at least.

Leo still has a slight chance. BAFTA has a jury system for their nominations (actors and directors). The top 3 voted performances get nominated and the other 3 noms are chosen by a jury. Cillian, Paul and Bradley were probably top 3 and the others were the jury votes. They often times choose poc or british people to make the nominations more diverse.

Colman Domingo is Leo's biggest thread for the 5th spot at the Oscars. I saw Rustin last week and Colman is not bad but certainly doesn't come close to Leo's perfomance. And the movie was really forgetable...

KOTFM did get 9 nominations overall. So that's not bad. But it doesn't seem to be winning any awards..

I still hope to see Leo, Lily and Marty get their Oscar nominations tuesday. Let's keep our fingers crossed!🙏

16 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Leo still has a slight chance. BAFTA has a jury system for their nominations (actors and directors). The top 3 voted performances get nominated and the other 3 noms are chosen by a jury. Cillian, Paul and Bradley were probably top 3 and the others were the jury votes. They often times choose poc or british people to make the nominations more diverse.

Colman Domingo is Leo's biggest thread for the 5th spot at the Oscars. I saw Rustin last week and Colman is not bad but certainly doesn't come close to Leo's perfomance. And the movie was really forgetable...

KOTFM did get 9 nominations overall. So that's not bad. But it doesn't seem to be winning any awards..

I still hope to see Leo, Lily and Marty get their Oscar nominations tuesday. Let's keep our fingers crossed!🙏

I understand, thanks for the explanation. I just can't stand overacted Bradley aka Maestro getting tons of nominations and Leo going by unnoticed. But of course, that's just my opinion here, maybe I am just letting my feelings override my reason, maybe...I am just a bit upset. 😐

So this whole Lily situation isn't me only remembering of last award season Colin Farrell (bless his heart) he's also delivering the exact moods after those disappointing bafta noms.

No Leo

Tumblr_l_1038948895046310.thumb.gif.717a14b1fab42f6b22bc9a2ff3637728.gif

No Lily

Tumblr_l_1038957739006311.thumb.gif.a42ca8b0d0e1b534990b5a158238ff6f.gif

No Marty

Tumblr_l_1038967541582696.thumb.gif.e1b50bc1b7c8e92b9f996891a22cf7e6.gif

Bye

Tumblr_l_1039377656456566.thumb.gif.4fd956e892307ee10adc2bf619653a74.gif

What is happening and the snubs are unjustifiable but there's still hope 

I still do feel that both Leo and Lily are gonna be nominated for an oscar but Lily is more locked than Leo 

don't care about the SAG cause even for Wolf he wasn't nominated but also score an oscar nom

in case of the Bafta they prefer the more artistic ones 

Don't forget the oscar is an american award baftas is british so they wouldn't risk skipping Lily, can you imagine the backlash?!!!!

I thought Saltburn was really entertaining and Barry Keoghan and Rosamund Pike were great in it. And Jacob Elordi is really nice to look at.😊Loved him in Euphoria. Did he get a BAFTA nomination for just looking great?

I still want to see Poor Things , The Holdovers, All of Us Strangers and American Fiction. But I still have to wait for the theater releases in my area...

2 hours ago, akatosh said:

Did he get a BAFTA nomination for just looking great?

I think he perfectly managed the balance between spoiled snobbish kid (treating girls like they're exchangeable, getting bored quickly of people/friends, didn't know the name of the staff etc) but still being charming, kind and very likeable.

Some love for Leo and KOTFM at the Online Film Critics Society:

Best Picture

Anatomy of a Fall
Asteroid City
Barbie
The Holdovers
Killers of the Flower Moon
May December
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
Poor Things
The Zone of Interest

Best Director

Greta Gerwig – Barbie
Yorgos Lanthimos – Poor Things
Christopher Nolan – Oppenheimer
Martin Scorsese – Killers of the Flower Moon
Celine Song – Past Lives

Best Actor

Leonardo DiCaprio – Killers of the Flower Moon:woohoo:
Paul Giamatti – The Holdovers
Cillian Murphy – Oppenheimer
Andrew Scott – All of Us Strangers
Jeffrey Wright – American Fiction

Best Actress

Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon
Sandra Hüller – Anatomy of a Fall
Greta Lee – Past Lives
Margot Robbie – Barbie
Emma Stone – Poor Things

Best Supporting Actor

Robert De Niro – Killers of the Flower Moon
Robert Downey Jr. – Oppenheimer
Ryan Gosling – Barbie
Charles Melton – May December
Mark Ruffalo – Poor Things

Best Adapted Screenplay

American Fiction
Oppenheimer
Poor Things
The Zone of Interest

Best Editing

Anatomy of a Fall
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things

Best Cinematography

Asteroid City
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things

Best Original Score

Oppenheimer
Poor Things
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
The Zone of Interest

Best Production Design

Asteroid City
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things

Best Costume Design

Asteroid City
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things

https://ofcs.org/awards/2023-awards-27th-annual/

Hi all🤗

thank you all for the updates🤩

I got a question if someone could plz clarify, I was watching Coy’s painful monologue at the GG, but didn’t get what he said about KOTFM “ You stole the premise of the movie”