Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

23 hours ago, akatosh said:

“It’s still happening today.”

I don’t post too much here about what is going on, because obviously this is a Leo site. However, if anyone is interested, Google what Oklahoma has started doing to tribes this past couple of weeks. Ticketing people with tribal tags if they are off tribal land. Our Governor has tried every way he knows to get our money. This is just his latest scheme.

23 hours ago, akatosh said:

Carey Mulligan talking about Leo at 1:40

Gosh she's so adorable 🥰 Love her accent and love her and her love for Leo. She's so underrated and not only one of my all time favorites of Leos leading ladies but one of my favorites in general. She's one of the few I just watch movies because she's in :heart: Even better I like most of her movies 😄 What a great, humble, sweet person!!

So NAPOLEON numbers are as medicore as KOTFM. Even if apple pretends it's not about money I really don't believe for a second they don't care. In this industry everything is about money and two massive bombs in a row is not a promising look for future projects. The only but important difference is no one seem to really like NAPOLEON. Medicore critics, medicore audience score what makes it even worse for apple because now everyone is aware they can't sell a good nor a bad movie and for sure can't win any prestige with that little french weirdo lol

‘Napoleon’ Wins Tuesday Previews With $3M in Grosses; ‘Wish’ Nabs $2.3M

Ridley Scott’s “Napoleon” is now in theaters. It did decently well last night in Tuesday previews with a $3 million showing. The film cost Apple $200 million to produce. It’s now looking at a 5-day total of around $30 million.

I know I’ve used the excuse that Apple couldn’t care less about not making money on “Napoleon” and “Killers of the Flower Moon,” and it does look as though both films won’t be recouping their budget and marketing cost, but it’s not really a “win” for them either. At least, ‘Killers’ will get plenty of Oscar nominations, that’s the most positive way of looking at it. “Napoleon” likely won’t.

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ to Receive Historical Icon & Creator Tribute Honor at Gotham Awards

The Gotham Film & Media Institute announced today that Apple Original Films’ critically acclaimed Killers of the Flower Moon, directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese, will receive The Gotham Historical Icon & Creator Tribute at the 33rd annual Gotham Awards Ceremony, taking place live and in person on Monday, November 27, 2023 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. Nominees for the Gotham Awards can be found here.

The Historical Icon & Creator Tribute will recognize significant moments in history and honor the filmmaker and cast responsible for bringing the story to life in an authentic way on screen. Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro will be present when lead actress Lily Gladstone and the cast receive the tribute at the upcoming Gotham Awards Ceremony.

“Authentically and carefully crafted by one of our greatest filmmakers with respect and integrity, Killers of the Flower Moon is a powerful examination of the history of violence bestowed upon the Osage Nation,” said Jeffrey Sharp, Executive Director of The Gotham Film & Media Institute. “At the center of the brilliant writing, impeccable set design, and extraordinary cast, Lily Gladstone delivers a tour de force as Mollie Kyle. We’re thrilled to honor Lily with the film’s cast members during the Ceremony.”

Killers of the Flower Moon is set at the turn of the 20th century, when oil brought a fortune to the Osage Nation, who became some of the richest people in the world overnight. The wealth of these Native Americans immediately attracted white interlopers, who manipulated, extorted, and stole as much Osage money as they could before resorting to murder. Based on a true story and told through the improbable romance of Ernest Burkhart (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone), Killers of the Flower Moon is an epic western crime saga, where real love crosses paths with unspeakable betrayal. Also starring Robert De Niro and Jesse Plemons, Killers of the Flower Moon is directed by Scorsese from a screenplay by Eric Roth and Scorsese, based on David Grann’s best-selling book.

Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon joins Bradley Cooper’s Maestro, Ben Affleck’s Air, Michael Mann’s Ferrari, George C. Wolfe’s Rustin and Greta Gerwig’s Barbie as fellow tribute recipients.

Winners of the 33rd annual Gotham Awards will be honored at the awards ceremony at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday, November 27th. The Premier Sponsor of the 2023 Gotham Awards is Vanity Fair. Cadillac will serve as the Official Vehicle and FIJI Water will serve as the Official Water for the Awards. 

https://awardswatch.com/killers-of-the-flower-moon-to-receive-historical-icon-creator-tribute-honor-at-gotham-awards/