Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo is in NY.

NY Like the Old Days: Leonardo and Tobey Show Up, Mary J. Blige Performs, Mayor Adams Gives Rousing Speech at Star Studded Angel Ball

leo-toby-me.jpg

Of all people, Leonardo DiCaprio — baseball cap tightly affixed to his head — showed up with Tobey Maguire to support their pal, restaurateur and nightlife promoter Richie Akiva, one of the honorees. I had a nice chat with them but began it like this: “We can’t talk about movies.” Yes, they both laughed.

(...)

Oh yeah, so what about Leo and Tobey? Why were they there? “Richie is our friend and we came to support him,” Leo said before security people starting eyeing me like I was Ghostface from the next “Scream” movie. I said, “We can’t discuss movies, and you know this from Cannes, but ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ is phenomenal.”

Tobey interjected; “But I can say it, can’t I?”

Leo laughed and we both said simultaneously: “No!”

Screenshot2023-10-24at15-22-32StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.5143fd077108b024fd1b9e696c52634d.png Screenshot2023-10-24at15-23-08StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.31d40a8bc499b91a59a8fadbe7b896f3.png

All I thought during the movie in his 2 or 3 scenes was what the hell is he doing??? He was so bad it was hilarious 😄

69C60B0E-9695-40BF-90E2-AD645F5B9E0D.jpe

Brendan Fraser’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Performance Polarizes

Does this count as movie trivia?

Screenshot_20231024-153448_Instagram.thumb.jpg.94d9556d288398a669806f6c5c821fdc.jpg Screenshot_20231024-153455_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7bb122b4fbdfc9701ee197039faf2890.jpg Screenshot_20231024-153503_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8404ee5d02327dec58908353b19f76de.jpg

Also pls give me an AMEN to this!!

Screenshot2023-10-24at15-46-33KillersofTheFlowerMoon(MartinScorsese).thumb.png.039bf8f86561dbf758ee2610649a2a13.png

I'm pretty shocked there are still people outside who think the reason for Marty gettin a 200 million dollar budget is something other than Leos star power LMAO

Screenshot2023-10-24at15-54-51KillersofTheFlowerMoon(MartinScorsese).thumb.png.7a6f88ab5aa56ccd4c6512520d8e9bd5.png

4 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Thx so much for the respond :heart: I really wondered how this movie is effecting on people who are kinda closer to the whole tragic if you know what I mean.

I read the article above about people walking out because of the length of the film. The viewing I was at appeared to be a mostly Native audience and obviously an Oklahoma audience. It was sold out and not only did no one leave before the film was over, but no one seemed to be able to move until the majority of the credits had rolled. It was like we were all in a trauma induced trance. 

Said it from the very beginning and now after watching the movie I'm saying it again. I would have liked the movie much better from Mollies perspective to learn everything about her and her family/childhood/background etc. It would have been quite historical if Leo and Marty had decided to let her tell the story instead of putting the focus on the evil white men. We knew already they were evil so nothing really new or surprising. Such a missed oppurtunity. I honestly didn't care one bit about Ernest, his so called stupidity (like it's an excuse for anything, just fuck you dude you're awful and disgusting) and his "feelings". All I cared about was Mollie, her faith, her people. I also still think Leo was actually too old to play Ernest but since no one is better than Leo I can overlook this rather small issue.

16 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Said it from the very beginning and now after watching the movie I'm saying it again. I would have liked the movie much better from Mollies perspective to learn everything about her and her family/childhood/background etc. It would have been quite historical if Leo and Marty had decided to let her tell the story instead of putting the focus on the evil white men. We knew already they were evil so nothing really new or surprising. Such a missed oppurtunity. I honestly didn't care one bit about Ernest, his so called stupidity (like it's an excuse for anything, just fuck you dude you're awful and disgusting) and his "feelings". All I cared about was Mollie, her faith, her people. I also still think Leo was actually too old to play Ernest but since no one is better than Leo I can overlook this rather small issue.

I would have liked to have seen more of that as well. Marty doesn’t know how to tell a story from the female perspective. 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, Sugarwater said:

Marty doesn’t know how to tell a story from the female perspective. 

Since he's a man I think it's hard to switch perspectives. Some writers/directors (male and/or female) can it better than others I guess. Nolan is even worse. Cameron ist pretty good at it. Still there are possibilities. Marty could have consulted a female co writer for the script (maybe even a female osage writer). Maybe I'm desillusional. But this book was written by a white man mostly about white evil men probably for a mostly white audience (and per se there is nothing bad about it). However there were certain osage characters I found MUCH more interesting than anything fuckin Ernest or Hale did in that almost 4 hours LOL Like Mollie, her sisters, her mom (what happened to her dad was it ever mentioned?), the osage FBI investigator etc just to name a few.

I actually think the movie left more questions unanswered than answered. At least I felt a bit... unsatisfied like Marty didn't really hit the point of the story.

Spoiler

Another issue of mine was how this movie is making the villains so ridiculously obvious in their monstrousness, it makes the Osage seem like total rubes. Because Marty wanted to give Leo and DeNiro some "juicy parts", he let them twirl their mustaches and leer and giggle with evil, totally forgetting that in order to con your victim into letting you kill them, there has to be a seduction first. Even Ted Bundy had tricks to get his girls into his car. But in this movie, the Osage just walk happily into the slaughter. Like I wrote in my review I didn't understand AT ALL why Mollie felt for Ernest in the first place. Because he said something nice about her skin? Maybe it's just me. :idk:

But it made me think a lot. Like days after I still think about it lol I clearly have to watch it again.

On the other hand it's also pretty impossible to fulfill everyone's expectation and I think lastly Marty took great care in crafting a film in a way that was respectful and did so to the best of his ability.

I also never got the feeling the movie really loudly mentioned the hundreds of deaths of osage members or did I just miss that part? I think at one point someone said "we can't count the deaths anymore". That's at least a hint.

Spoiler

A friend of mine who didn't read the book nor did she ever heard about the whole story thought after the movie "just the family of Mollie" and "a handful of others" were murdered (like the ones we actually saw in the movie). She was quite shocked when I told her how many died.

Personally I think Marty should have mentioned every single fuckin known name in the credits not just to honor them but to get a clear terrifying feeling of how many osages lost their lifes.

3 hours ago, akatosh said:

It was a real owl.

I remember seeing pictures (and maybe videos) posted here of Eli filming his scene. I explained back then (2021) the significance of owls and why they were most likely using an owl in the movie. Proud to say. I was correct. 😁