Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks all for the pics, updates, vids, etc :flower:

So, according to this... Leo was paid more than $2 million to attend this event. :p

It was estimated that Wanda spent more than $2 million on DiCaprio alone for today’s event.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/russellflannery/2013/09/22/chinas-richest-man-makes-8-bln-statement-of-ambition-for-global-film-industry-clout/

Dang :p

DiCaprio is hungry for art

Leonardo DiCaprio is continuing his shopping spree for contemporary art. “The Wolf of Wall Street” star was spotted Thursday perusing a Phillips auction in New York, called “Under the Influence,” at which a work by artist-of-the­-moment Oscar Murillo, 27, set a record for the painter by going for $401,000 (Its estimated value before the auction was up to $30,000).

A work by art duo Guyton/Walker also set a record, at $245,000, and works by Kaws and Terence Koh were also sold.

A Christie’s auction organized by DiCaprio himself earlier this year brought in $38.8 million.

Meanwhile, Phillips’ new partnership with Tumblr — an exhibition of digital art, called Paddles On! — kicked off its online auction Monday.

http://pagesix.com/2013/09/23/dicaprio-is-hungry-for-art/

Looks like leo is at some school? of course alot of times we get tweets about him being at a university and it just spreads like wildfire, so IDK :idk: I know the school is located in Scotland..

@EmmaHenney 1m

omgomg Hugh Grant and Leonardo DiCaprio are in St Andrews #dunhill #reasonstowatchgolf #unaaaaayyyy

Alison Daniels @azzladeee 6m

Hugh Grant and Leonardo Di Caprio in St Andrews...? DUNHILL IS AWESOME! #dunhilllinks #celebs #toocoolforschool

Katherine Allison @kitkat_allison 9m

Rumors that Leonardo DiCaprio is in St. Andrews....

Looks like the China event was a little more than him just going there for the heck of it :hehe:

The rise of Chollywood: Billionaire Wang Jianlin signs Leonardo DiCaprio and Nicole Kidman to create world's biggest film studio

China’s richest man claims to have signed up Nicole Kidman and Leonardo DiCaprio for a 50 billion yuan (£5 billion) plan to build a massive, state-of-the-art studio complex which will be the country's version of Hollywood.

Wang Jianlin said his Dalian Wanda Group, which operates cinemas, hotels and department stores in China, will construct the world’s biggest movie facility in the eastern seaside city of Qingdao.

The Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis’s 20 studios will include a permanent underwater studio and a 10,000 square-metre (108,000 square feet) lot, large enough to recreate entire towns from the Chinese Ming and Qing dynasties.

The complex, an attempt to dominate China’s rapidly growing film market, will nestle under a Chinese adaptation of the Hollywood sign.

It will include a theme park, an Imax research and development centre, cinemas and China’s biggest film and celebrity wax museums. The first phase is planned to open in June 2016 and it will be fully operational by June 2017.

Mr Wang spent an estimated $50 million to lure Hollywood executives and talent including Leonardo DiCaprio, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Nicole Kidman and John Travolta to a glitzy red-carpet launch for the project. The Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein also attended.

Dalian Wanda has signed a preliminary deal with "a number of global film and television giants and talent agencies", representing stars such as DiCaprio, to shoot about 30 foreign films a year. It did not name the companies.

Mr Wang also hopes to attract more than 50 Chinese production companies to make at least 100 domestic films and television shows a year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-rise-of-chollywood-billionaire-wang-jianlin-signs-leonardo-dicaprio-and-nicole-kidman-to-create-worlds-biggest-film-studio-8834953.html

Barbie & Lua

Tks for more great pix :)

Kat

Tks for all the possible sighting tweets & articles :)

Tks to article you posted, I'm noticing that the original article only said that a painting sold not who bought it , yet some of the tweets I just saw claim Leo bought the painting

Will be interesting to see what happens in years ahead with the China studio /movie making

Barbie

As to the possible Twitter sightings that Kat posted; this week at St Andrews the Dunhill Golf Classic Championship is taking place

I have seen at Getty pix of the rumored Hugh Grant who was rumored to be there , but I haven't seen any pix of Leo, and as Kat mentioned, could just be a false rumor that is spreading around on Twitter .

We'll just have to wait and see :)

ox: thanks to clarify that, yeah, let's wait and see.

Now, I really hope this don't happen because I will be pissed off, :no:  :angry:  :anger:

Oscar watch: Will ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ move to 2014?

“A release date bump” to 2014 for Martin Scorsese’s “The Wolf of Wall Street” — rated a leading contender for the Best Picture Oscar by most pundits — “is looking very likely,” reports veteran Oscaroligst Kris Tapley at Hitfix.

I’ve been hearing from sources in the know for a while that Scorsese’s fact-based Wall Street drama with Leonardo DiCaprio is not sufficiently far enough along in its editing process to be ready even for showing at a “surprise” screening at the New York Festival, which debuted Scorsese’s “Hugo” as a work-in-progress “surprise” two years ago.

The fact that Paramount didn’t immediately swat down this speculation about plans to move “Wolf’’ off its Nov. 15 release date — also picked up by the recycling artists at IndieWire, may be telling. And Paramount — which would have a hard time fitting “Wolf” into a jam-packed December schedule — may also have significant financial motives here.

A Paramount rep said in an email Tuesday that the film is “still on our slate for 2013″ — which is not the same as denying the move is under consideration.

As Tapley noted, Paramount reaped big grosses ($130 million) from its decision to move Scorsese’s “Shutter Island” with DiCaprio from a December 2009 opening during awards season to a release to the less crowded February 2010.

Though I’d guess that if “Wolf” is indeed moving, it will more likely go into the second week of May slot where another serious DiCaprio film, “The Great Gatsby,” cleaned up this year as counter-programming to early summer blockbusters. “Gatsby,” you may recall, was also moved out of an awards season opening (by Warner Bros.), supposedly because it wasn’t ready in time.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/oscar-watch-will-wolf-of-wall-street-move-to-2014/

If WOWS gets pushed back that's fine if the film is not ready, as its best Martin and co put out a well finished product that they are happy with.. rather than a rushed one. (Man being a director seems so stressful yikes!).  However, I still hope it gets released sometime within this Oscar season... though it's looking like it might not.

Thank you for the updates. :)

If WOWS gets pushed back that's fine if the film is not ready, as its best Martin and co put out a well finished product that they are happy with.. rather than a rushed one. (Man being a director seems so stressful yikes!).  However, I still hope it gets released sometime within this Oscar season... though it's looking like it might not.

Thank you for the updates. :)

A Paramount rep said in an email Tuesday that the film is “still on our slate for 2013″ — which is not the same as denying the move is under consideration.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/oscar-watch-will-wolf-of-wall-street-move-to-2014/

well i'm taking this as a glimmer of hope that it gets released this year! Fingers crossed! This sounds like an issue they have just come across, because even a few weeks ago I saw on Red Granites FB page it still referred to Wolf having a Nov. 15 release date...anyway I hope it all works out alright!

You’ve got some emotionally charged scenes. What was it like spending screen time with DiCaprio?

He’s so lovely. We had this one scene that was very emotional and I was having trouble finding a way into it. We were doing it over and over and it was outside and there were people everywhere. I was getting really frustrated and he sat down with me and we had a heart to heart. He gave me this incredible pep talk and said “we can stay here all night and get this.” He told me “I’m here for you, I believe in you.”

Looks like Leo is back in NY! :)

So I've been awake for over 24 hours but we also danced with Leo Dicaprio and Afrojack at the club.. Sooo tonight was successful in my book

danced w/Leonardo dicrapio & aftojack at 1 oak tonight. how was your Tuesday night? @ashleyy__t

Another article about the possilibites of Wolf Delay, options, etc!

Paramount Could Shift 'The Wolf of Wall Street,' 'Jack Ryan'

The studio and Martin Scorsese are hoping to finish "Wolf of Wall Street" in time for a Christmas release. If that's doable, "Jack Ryan" would be pushed to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend in mid-January.

Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street -- headlined by Leonardo DiCaprio -- won't be ready for its scheduled Nov. 15 release, raising the possibility that it won't be a contender in this year's Oscar race.

Insiders say Scorsese's cut of the film is 180 minutes long, and that he's currently in discussions with his producers about how to shorten the running time. Red Granite is fully financing and produced the drama, with Paramount handling the film domestically.

Paramount and Scorsese are hoping that the movie, based onformer broker Jordan Belfort's best-selling memoir, will be completed by Christmas in time for an awards run. If not, Wolf  would be pushed back to next year. Either way, it won't be ready for a sneak screening at the upcoming New York Film Festival.

If Wolf is done in time for a holiday release, Paramount will push back the opening of KennethBranagh's Jack Ryan from Christmas Day to Jan. 17 and give Wolf of Wall Street the Christmas Day slot, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Jack Ryan would open over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, a lucrative moviegoing weekend that saw Paramount's Cloverfield gross north of $40 million in 2008.

Jack Ryan, starring Chris Pine and Keira Knightley, hopes to relaunch Paramount's marquee spy franchise. Skydance Productions is Paramount's partner on the film, which also stars Kevin Costner. While based on the hero of Tom Clancy's best-selling book series, the movie is an original story that traces how a young Jack Ryan joined the CIA.

Wolf also stars Matthew McConaugheyJonah HillJean DujardinRob ReinerKyle ChandlerMargot Robbie, Jon BernthalCristin MiliotiP.J. Byrne and Ethan Suplee.

Terence Winter adapted the screenplay, which chronicles Belfort's dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included drug and alcohol addiction.

Red Granite's Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland are producing with DiCaprio, Scorsese, EmmaKoskoff and Alexandra Milchan.

I remember Kat posted something about an auction, so...

Leonardo DiCaprio Sets a Record for Oscar Murillo at the Phillips Auction

On Thursday, Leonardo DiCaprio purchased an Oscar Murillo work at the Phillps "Under the Influence" auction. The 2011 piece, Untitled (Drawings off the wall), is a composition of oilstick, spray paint, enamel, dirt, and mixed media on canvas. DiCaprio bought the work for $401,000, much higher than its estimated value of $30,000-$40,000. The purchase set a record for the young Columbian painter who is currently based in London.

weird with paramounts comment saying they still have the film "slated for 2013", but these guys seem to confirm from their sources Wolf won't be out until 2014! I wish we could have official confirmation from Paramount or Red Granite regarding it!

UPDATE: Scorsese’s “Wolf of Wall Street” Definitely out of This Year’s Oscar Race

UPDATE WEDS 11AM: I’ve confirmed with sources the Wolf will not be at the door until next year. Disappointing for everyone, but good things come to those who wait.

Earlier: It does seem as though Martin Scorsese’s “Wolf of Wall Street” will not be pawing its way to an Oscar race and 2013 release. I had heard a few days ago, and then yesterday the news started to leak out, that Scorsese wasn’t finished and neither was Oscar winning editor Thelma Schoonmaker. There have been rumors of three hour versions. The movie will not make its November 14th release date. Now Paramount is saying maybe they’ll make it for Christmas.

But that seems unlikely. Scorsese is committed to running the jury at the Marrakech Film Festival from November 29th to December 7th. That’s basically two weeks shot in the schedule. When Scorsese agreed to be the jury president he thought “Wolf” would already be in release. But rushing now, and having to be away for two weeks, seems impossible.

At this point, waiting is a better idea anyway. Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConnaughey will want Oscar campaigns. But Lead and Supporting Actor are already very crowded categories. So is Best Picture. Shoving “Wolf” into the mix at the last minute doesn’t sound like such a great idea.  It might be wiser to debut “Wolf” in Berlin or in Cannes, and then have a big launch.

And really, Best Picture is very crowded– Blue Jasmine, 12 Years a Slave, The Butler, Gravity, August Osage County, Mandela, Rush, Inside Llewyn Davis, Nebraska, Dallas Buyers Club, and All Is Lost have all been seen. Still to come, at the very least, are The Monuments Men, Foxcatcher, American Hustle, Captain Phillips, and Saving Mr. Banks. And all those are ready to go now.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/09/25/scorseses-wolf-of-wall-street-likely-out-of-this-years-oscar-race