Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Pink

Tks for Esquire cover & Vogue scans ; and we like Leo and you , too :hug:

Just b/c I like you all (and of course Leo)....

Calibi

Tks for Carey's comments about Leo ; the bit with protein bar , how cute :heart:

Have you seen the magazine, are there any pix inside similar to Aussie Vogue ?

Fash

Yes, it was an Avenger night, but don't forget Leo won an MTV Award for Aviator as well :)

Hope we get some great stills of Leo from this upcoming weekend's Glaad Awards .

During filming, she and DiCaprio exchanged in-character notes after DiCaprio made Mulligan a gift of a protein bar she’d been coveting. “So he got one for me and wrote me this little note: ‘Darling Daisy . . .’ and signed it ‘Jay.’ He’d drawn a little daisy on the front of it. . . .” she recalls.

that is the cutest thing ever...*swoon*

that's so cute :wub2:

btw, Carey is on the cover of Interview Russia, May 2013, so there may is some new quotes of her about Leonsio :D :brows:

Just b/c I like you all (and of course Leo)....

The Moment Leonardo DiCaprio Became A Man

Esquire (USA) - May 2013

PH: Max Vadukul

post-52646-0-1446085460-08899_thumb.jpg

fashionscansremastered.net

The editorial...coming soon...or maybe not :ninja::idk:

I love when they say...."you know...he's the king,man." :clap:

I don't think these one been posted before :) Thank you SO much girls. I'm crazy about that Esquire pic, so classy and casual. I can't to have more things about Leo and Carey relationship, the comments of Carey about Leo made my heart melt. :heart::wub:

758528814.jpg

Leo is the most classy actor that's out there! Tks :woot::flower:

According to this article a behind the scenes featurette of the Great Gatsby will be shown at Regal Cinemas where Leo and the rest of the cast talk about the making of the Great Gatsby. Hopefully it will be posted online.

Regal Entertainment Group Presents a World Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Look at 'The Great Gatsby'

3D Imagery is Described as Lush, Magnificent and Intimate

Regal Entertainment Group RGC -2.68% , a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, announced the debut of an exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette for The Great Gatsby. The feature film, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures, is a visual feast and utilizes the latest 3D technology to immerse moviegoers in this timeless story.

"By viewing this film in 3D you get to step into the world of Gatsby. It's grand in scope with magnificent parties and yet extremely personal as you are immersed among the characters," stated Ken Thewes, Chief Marketing Officer of Regal Entertainment Group. "In our exclusive featurette, those who made the movie explain how they have taken an American classic and brought it to life in this whole new form."

This behind-the-scenes footage is available on the big screen exclusively in Regal Entertainment Group theatres. The film's Carey Mulligan (Daisy Buchanan) introduces this in-theatre segment, which features insights from both cast and crew regarding the unique qualities of the film.

"The world is so lush and yet so intimate that you feel like you're eavesdropping on these people's lives," stated Tobey Maguire, who plays Nick Carraway. Maguire also notes the genius of director Baz Luhrmann. "He is so singular in his vision. He really knows how to suck you into this world."

"I always seem drawn by some invisible force and some kind of tragic romance," stated Luhrmann. "The thing about Gatsby is it's such a modern story. It has passion, violence and love."

From the uniquely imaginative mind of writer/producer/director Baz Luhrmann comes the new big-screen adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby. The filmmaker created his own distinctive visual interpretation of the classic story, bringing the period to life in a way that has never been seen before, in a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role, coming to theatres May 10.

The Great Gatsby follows would-be writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz, bootleg kings, and sky-rocketing stocks. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without of the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.

http://www.marketwat...tsby-2013-04-15

Calibi

Tks for Carey's comments about Leo ; the bit with protein bar , how cute :heart:

Have you seen the magazine, are there any pix inside similar to Aussie Vogue ?

I don't have the actual magazine so I don't know but the website that had the article only had pix of the photoshoot Carey did for the magazine. I also thought Carey's comments were lovely and I can't wait for the press junket. I saw a reporter tweet that the press junket will take place at the end of the month in NY.

To everyone else, thanks for all the pictures you guys have posted.

Yipee, the Esquire interview online

http://www.esquire.com/features/leonardo-dicaprio-interview-0513

The Moment Leonardo DiCaprio Became a Man

Does the most famous man in the world feel the strain of living as the rest of us do? Or are the life choices he makes between one degree of wonderful and another?

esq-leo-dicaprio-0413-fiT7wD-xlg.jpg

Guy sitting in a room, talking about how comfortable he feels. Then he cracks his neck.

Thing is, he cracks his neck at the exact moment he's talking about how comfortable he feels — as he's giving a little speech about his feelings of comfort.

This is what he says:

"Most recently, the last few years, I feel way more comfortable than I've ever felt. You always talk about that, and then one day you're like: If they don't like this, well, fuck 'em. What can you do? It's a resignation to life and who you are. Hey, look, I'm pretty well-formed as an adult now. I don't have to impress anybody. You ask yourself these different questions: What do I want to do? Interesting question: What do I want to do? What makes me really happy? I've learned all these things that I'm supposed to do. I know I'm supposed to be in that place and do that thing… but to really, deeply ask yourself that question — What do I want to do?"

First crack comes at the beginning of the speech, as the punctuation of the first sentence.

And it's really loud.

He's sitting in a chair when he does it, in the big empty conference room of a big expensive hotel. He's been sitting in the chair a couple hours. He's been all twisty, one leg slung over the other, the collar of his V-neck T-shirt not lining up with the collar of the blue-and-black-checked shirt he wears over it. He's one of those guys who has to invest a lot of energy into staying put, and so as he makes his speech, he's also untangling himself, putting his hands on his knees and his feet on the floor. And then he starts straining against himself, like Samson in chains. This is how it goes:

When he says "Most recently, the last few years, I feel way more comfortable than I've ever felt," he turns his chin toward his right shoulder, a full 45 degrees. A stripe of blue vein shows up in his surprisingly thick neck.

Crack.

And when he says "Interesting question: What do I want to do?" he turns his chin toward his left shoulder.

Crack.

Each crack has a snappy percussive element, like a fingernail flicked hard against a snare drum. Each one is loud enough to be heard on a tape recorder.

Now, the guy is an actor, so imagine if he cracked his neck like that in a movie while giving a speech about, you know, happiness. Imagine that he's sitting in a big empty room, and he's dwarfed by both its size and its ratty, faded elegance — the scarred little table next to his chair, the yellowed carpet under his feet, the dust-gray chandelier that hangs over his head. And imagine one more thing — that he's wearing a jaunty little driving cap and smoking a battery-powered cigarette with a glowing green tip … no, that he's been blowing smoke rings with the battery-powered cigarette, even though the whole point of the battery-powered cigarette is that there's no fire and nothing ever really burns.

The cracked neck would mean something, right?

In a movie, it would be a gesture — a tell. It would reveal character. If the screenwriter put it in the script, it would serve the story. If the director suggested it, it would serve his vision. And if the actor just, like, did it in a take, it would show how intuitive he is. He would crack his neck to add tension to the scene, to communicate menace, or, at the very least, to undercut his own claims of comfort. One thing is certain: No actor cracks his neck like that in a movie for no reason at all.

But here's the thing:

Leonardo DiCaprio is not in a movie. He's just being himself. The cracked neck is just a cracked neck, not a significant gesture but rather a neutral and therefore inscrutable one. You're not even supposed to ask about it, and when you do the conversation immediately sounds ridiculous:

"You just cracked your neck."

"I did."

"That was some crack."

"It was. It was pretty loud."

And so the cracked neck becomes the measure of the difference between the two lives that Leonardo DiCaprio has made for himself:

In the dark of the movie theater, it would mean everything.

In the light of day, it means nothing at all....

Read more: Leonardo DiCaprio Photos and Quotes - Leonardo DiCaprio Interview - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/leonardo-dicaprio-interview-0513#ixzz2QZxpa88r

es11.jpg

Untitled.jpg

esq.jpg

es4.jpg

es1.jpg

es2.jpg

es3.jpg

Thanks Oxford!!!

OMG THOSE PICS IN THE CAR AND WHEN HE'S RIDING THE BIKE AND GETTING MAKE UP PUT ON HIS FACE. sobs.

they actually made him do something that lets his humor show instead of the usual srzzz face suit photos.

Pami

Tks for photo stills from China interview :)

Makeitcount

Tks for another great Gatsby banner :)

Princess

Tks for vid of Leo at Coachella moving to the music :)

In the vid you can see Clint Eastwood , and in the excerpt below they say Clint and Leo visited

Eastwood took a break from family bonding later on to catch up with Leonardo DiCaprio, who starred in the Clint-directed "J. Edgar."

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/clint-eastwood-went-coachella-had-blast-153407719.html

Calibi

Tks for great news about Gatsby Behind the Scenes featurette, I remember they had an Inception

feature like that which was shown with Sex and City II movie

Also, tks, for reply about my Vogue question :hug: