Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I'm like ecstatic with the reviews of Django. :chicken: I can't wait to watch the film :ddr:

btw Today is the MoMA Fifth Annual Film Benefit honoring Tarantino... is in Ny so I think there a chances that Leo attend although I haven't read anything about it. I don't know, let's wait :cool:

I can't think of a movie where I've been more impressed with DiCaprio's work.

I'm loving this :ddr:

btw Today is the MoMA Fifth Annual Film Benefit honoring Tarantino... is in Ny so I think there a chances that Leo attend although I haven't read anything about it. I don't know, let's wait :cool:

I'm hoping he'll go :D

NY Film Critics' Awards : Supporting Actor Winner : their pick last year was Albert Brooks who became a non factor as award season progressed , and their Best Actor winner was Pitt for as you recall two films : Moneyball/Tree of Life. As we know as the award season progressed he ,also , became a non factor.

Believe it or not, Matthew McConaughey won for two movies, Magic Mike and Bernie.

Favorites in that category included heavyweights Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Master, Tommy Lee Jones for Lincoln, and Leonardo DiCaprio for Django Unchained

Read more: http://www.altfg.com.../#ixzz2E16nROig

I have a feeling McConaughey will fall into category below of past NYFCC , either that, or my idea of Matt's performance in Magic Mike is a world apart from NY critics :p

In the last two decades, seven NYFCC Best Supporting Actor winners have failed to be shortlisted for the Academy Awards, among them Bill Murray (Rushmore), Harry Belafonte (Kansas City), and last year’s Albert Brooks (Drive).

Leo does terrible with critics groups. If he wins one this year from a critics group, particularly a major critics group, I'll eat liver and onions! It's like they can't bring themselves to acknowledge his performances. Even with "The Departed," when his performance was almost universally praised, not one major critics group would award him.

Believe it or not, Matthew McConaughey won for two movies, Magic Mike and Bernie.

Sorry,...Matthew Mcconaughey for Magic Juan Mike??? :blink: I think I fall into the same incognita like with Justin Bieber in the picture of Paramount Studios... How much did he pay?

Edit:

Maeghan

I know Leo doesn't campaign and while it would be great to see him win awards, I really don't want to see him in one of those try-hard campaigns that most of the time leave them as fools in a situation of "swim so much just to die on the shore". (As we said here :hehe: ) So, those constant appearances in every red carpet, talking excessively about their personal life and mention in every interview the sacrifices they made for role, we should leave it to others that really look desperate to take something home.

I know Leo doesn't campaign and while it would be great to see him win awards, I really don't want to see him in one of those try-hard campaigns that most of the time leave them as fools in a situation of "swim so much just to die on the shore". (As we said here :hehe: ) So, those constant appearances in every red carpet, talking excessively about their personal life and mention in every interview the sacrifices they made for role, we should leave it to others that really look desperate to take something home.

Well said :thumbsup:

post-51835-0-1446084530-62083_thumb.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio sizzles on screen this month with his portrayal of sinister plantation owner Calvin Candie in Quentin Tarantino’s edgy western Django Unchained. In the brand new January 2013 issue of Cowboys & Indians, writers Wendy Wilkinson and Joe Leydon go deep into all aspects of the new film, from Jamie Foxx’s starring turn as a slave on a quest to save his wife to DiCaprio’s character’s unflinching evil. To prepare for the new movie (hitting theaters on Christmas day), let’s take a look at some of DiCaprio’s other iconic roles

http://www.cowboysindians.com/Cowboys-Indians/January-2013/Leonardo-DiCaprios-Top-10-Roles/

Sorry,...Matthew Mcconaughey for Magic Juan Mike??? :blink: I think I fall into the same incognita like with Justin Bieber in the picture of Paramount Studios... How much did he pay?

Edit:

Maeghan

I agree that I don't want to see him acting desparate, but it would be nice if one critics group would honor him. Assuming those groups have award ceremonies, they aren't broadcast on TV. I don't think he'd look desparate to win one.

My main point is that it says more about the critics that they never reward him than it says about his performances.