Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Ox for more pics! :D He looks pretty good. Thin and nice! and your right barbie, his hair does look blonder!! I wonder if he'll keep the gatsby look for the premieres? For once I'd just like to see him go shaven on the red carpet (like 2005 oscars)

Some more comments from guy who attended the J Edgar screening which includes more comments about Leo

Being fair to the film, he does repeat again that he didn't see the last 40" of film, and that , generally he is not a fan of films that use the flashback method of telling a story.

I missed 40 minutes of the movie, because of the power outage, so it's difficult to have an informed opinion, but I came away with feeling it was one of Eastwood's lesser works too. The last Eastwood directed-only project that I was impressed with was "Mystic River." I thought "Invictus" and "Hereafter" were mediocre.

I don't think it's a Best Picture contender because it's simply not good enough. It's an actor's showcase, which is where I think it will get attention. The story itself, because of the structure of the story, with the flashback within a flashback sequencing, is confusing and disjointed. A caveat to this is that I have seen many films with flashbacks and I have never liked the technique in film. I much prefer a linear story, so someone who does not have this hang up may enjoy the film more.

Eastwood does not make bad films, so the movie is well acted and well directed and technically good, but that doesn't make it an enjoyable movie to watch. It could all come together in the end, I don't know, I'll be looking forward to finding that out when I see it in theaters, but from what I saw, the film was good, not great, and for that reason, I do not believe it will be a Best Picture contender.

As for Dicaprio's performance, I think he'll win the Oscar. I don't know how close his voice was to Hoover's actual voice, because I've never heard it, but I thought he embodied the character well. Although some have complained about the old age make up, I found it to be fine.

Barbie

Yes, they have made Leo's hair much blonder, as, he is ,after all, the golden boy Jay Gatsby :)

What an cute photo of the two good friends and the kids , thanks :)

I like how Jay can well see the girl is taking their photo, but, he doesn't try to stop her, in some way try to conceal Leo or Tobey's face from view , and neither do the two men try to block their faces from the camera , which is I feel the tell tale difference when a fan tries to take Leo's picture versus the paps .

I like how Jay can well see the girl is taking their photo, but, he doesn't try to stop her, in some way try to conceal Leo or Tobey's face from view , and neither do the two men try to block their faces from the camera , which is I feel the tell tale difference when a fan tries to take Leo's picture versus the paps .

me too,it's so nice! :blush:

here's the pic from the link, Barbie posted

post-42076-0-1446081070-37791_thumb.jpg

Thanks Benny and everyone!!

Ox I'm upset he found the film confusing, but at least this person had another leo-oscar mention! :D Thats what I'm most concerned about :p

Heres this. little bit out of a popsugar article about the Elle part Naomi Watts was at.

Naomi spoke about how amazing it was to shoot with Leonardo DiCaprio on their upcoming movie, J. Edgar, and joked that unlike some actors she's worked with, she likes him just as much as his work.

http://www.popsugar.com/Jennifer-Aniston-B...lywood-20059074

WOW, thanks ox. I loved this comment:

As for Dicaprio's performance, I think he'll win the Oscar. I don't know how close his voice was to Hoover's actual voice, because I've never heard it, but I thought he embodied the character well. Although some have complained about the old age make up, I found it to be fine.

Nanda

That appears to be Leo's long time friend Danny A , as well as, his other long time friend Vincent Laresca.

Are you referring to tshirt that Danny A has on ??

I didn't recognize any of the two guys... but is the one with the white shirt. This shirt is of Leo, I'm sure :laugh:.

Thanks Benny for the pix... too funny :laugh:.

What? :o , look at all that I was missing? Where the hell I was all this time? Oh Yes... stupid work :anger:

OMG ... thank you so much Girls for the news pics :flower: , he looks really lovely and ....happy? :huh:

Wow, Leo smiling... in Sydney? :clap:

I'll have to put that picture as my wallpaper just in case we never see that again... :laugh:

See?, he really need his friends there with him :yes: ... ok. From Now I'll start saving money for the plane tickets of all his friends... I have 5 dollars here, someone gives more??? :p

another thing... :morning:

bondi6.jpg

I wonder if those shoes are really his. seem a little big for him ;)

It's me or Leo had to dye his hair blonder? Because his hair is not so blonde like that.

BarbieErin I also note the same

and by the way, the pid with Leo, Tobey and Ruby.... You kill me :wub2: , you got me since that pic :D

No really! , they all looks so CUTE :wub2:

Benny

The pic with Leo and the spaghetti :rofl: