Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Here's a musicvideo/complication I made about Leo dying in movies :heart: :

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song, and as soon as I heard it I had to make the video :laugh:

I think some of you can't see it because of copyright claims, but it differs in every country :(

After 'Inception,' What's Next For Leonardo DiCaprio?

With two 2010 box office hits to his credit, the in-demand actor has his pick of pictures from helmers like Oliver Stone and Ridley Scott.

The 2010 box office has been very kind to Leonardo DiCaprio. In February, "Shutter Island" delivered his biggest opening to date, with $41 million in ticket sales, and went on to gross $128 million domestically. This past weekend, "Inception" performed even better, grossing $60.4 million, likely setting itself up to rake in even more dough in coming weeks.

Where does the 35-year-old actor, now clearly at the top of his Hollywood game, go from here? He's got a slew of projects lined up, all in various states of development. Let's take a look at some of his most high-profile potential films and see how Leo's cinematic future might shake out.

"Hoover"

Next up for Leo is the title role in Clint Eastwood's biopic about controversial FBI director — and rumored cross-dresser — J. Edgar Hoover. The script comes from the pen of Dustin Lance Black, who won an Oscar for the Sean Penn-starring "Milk."

"The Wolf of Wall Street"

Based on a tell-all memoir, this project has been around since 2007, but it was given new life earlier this month when Martin Scorsese offered to hand over directorial duties to Ridley Scott. DiCaprio would play a stockbroker who lands in prison for refusing to cooperate in a 1990s securities-fraud case. The only question about production is timing: Leo is set for "Hoover" next and Scott is ramping up to shoot his 3-D "Alien" prequel.

The Mel Gibson Viking Movie

Word about this project dropped in December of last year, and earlier this month, DiCaprio told us he couldn't wait to be a part of Gibson's take on "some of the most barbaric people ever in history." But after Mel's vicious phone conversations with girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva became public, it's hard to imagine Leo wanting anything to do with this movie.

"Travis McGee"

Oliver Stone is circling this detective story, with DiCaprio attached to star. The character is the hero of over 20 novels written by John D. MacDonald, with the first film to be adapted from 1964's "The Deep Blue Good-by," the first book in the series about a "salvage consultant" pulled into various adventures.

"Prisoners"

DiCaprio is attached to star in this thriller as a father who kidnaps and tortures the man who kidnapped his daughter. A director has yet to be announced. File this one under "wait and see."

"The Chancellor Manuscript"

This flick would put Leo in Jason Bourne territory. Based on the novel by "Bourne" mastermind Robert Ludlum, DiCaprio would presumably star as the author of a novel about a government conspiracy theory which actually turns about to be true. "Quantum of Solace" helmer Marc Forster is attached to direct. No word yet on when production might actually begin.

"Brave New World"

We haven't heard anything about this one since last summer, when Ridley Scott and DiCaprio announced plans to bring an adaptation of Aldous Huxley's seminal novel to the big screen. Leo is onboard as a producer with an eye on a starring role.

"Sinatra"

Scorsese is putting this picture together, and word is that DiCaprio is a top candidate to play Ol' Blue Eyes. When we asked him about the possibility earlier this year, he said, "I don't know [if I'll play him]. I have no idea, really. That's really up to [scorsese] and the people involved with [sinatra's] estate."

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/49109...s#ixzz1RvDerYiB

Talk About Degrees of Separation

I just realized that Armie Hammer who plays Leo's lover in J. Edgar Hoover and shares a kiss with him has also locked lips with Leo's rumored beau, Blake Lively. :laugh: Armie Hammer played Gabriel Edwards, Serena's sketchy and double dealing love interest, in a story inspired by Anne Hathaway's then real-life nightmare.

I wonder who the better kisser is? :whistle:

Long day, so great to see all these amazing pix! :D Thank you solange, Barbie, wijn, and Sick! :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Yes, looked like he was having a great time. Those dancing pix reminded me of the recent report that he was at a club dancing merrily along to "Whip My Hair" .

I know if I was an unattached woman at wedding, I would have been right in line as well to dance with him :)

I'm very attached, but I would have been first in line! :laugh: I had a friend who worked for an event planner as a dancer. People would hire her to get the guests at weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc. movin on the dance floor. Leo would've been great at that if the acting thing didn't work out. :laugh:

Also looks like Leos back in L.A! :)

Just saw Leo DiCaprio at Malo. Wonder if he'll get a taco within a taco within a taco WITHIN a taco.

7 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/ShaneThinks

:laugh: Note to self: eat at Malo more often. ;)

The annoying thing with such a high-profile relationship is that we never know what is true.

I personally don't thing Leo would break up with Bar if he didn't think his relationship with Blake would last, so...

Cue speculation: Personally I think Leo and Bar were ready to call it a day. It has to be difficult to spend that much time apart, with both living in different countries, and maintain a relationship. I think he was looking for fun post-split but fell for Blake. I don't think he would have entered into a relationship with another actor if didn't have real feelings for her. With all the attention those kinds of relationships get it's too much of a hassle for a good time, you know? ;) There are a bunch of lower profile women who could have filled that role if that's all he wanted. /end speculation

Yeah I don't understand why the critics are so hard on the Beach either. Its not Leos best film, but I still found it to be good.

Isn't that funny how even leos worst films aren't even half-bad? :p

And then theres ShowbizSpy........ Same source who claimed Leo proposed to Bar like 50 times, and how he was converting, like 50 times!! I would be a little more inclined to believe the article if it didn't come from ShowbizSpy. But yeah silly BS rumors to disregard. I don't think Leo would break up and have gotten back together with Blake already twice! LOL sometimes the press......

Yes! There's not one I wouldn't watch again for the performances if nothing else. The Beach isn't one of my faves, but I liked it.

I didn't realize SS had such an illustrious track record. :laugh:

grosby group have more pics of Leo dancing, but I can't post.

http://www.grosbygroup.com/e-photo/cgi-bin...dades-Novidades

here you can see some different pics:

http://caras.uol.com.br/galeria/leonardo-d...asamento#image0

Those are great, thanks! :flower: I can see why the Daily Mail didn't use them: not wild and crazy enough for their story. ;)

On IMDB J.Edgar is still released in december, take a look:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1616195/

Maybe that's why no trailers yet??

I don't know who updates the IMDb, but I believe it will go into limited (LA / NY) release in October. They may not have the trailer yet because they weren't planning to release it until December before, and it won't be released to most of the country until then, but I expect there will be one in a few weeks.

Here's a musicvideo/complication I made about Leo dying in movies :heart: :

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song, and as soon as I heard it I had to make the video :laugh:

I think some of you can't see it because of copyright claims, but it differs in every country :(

loved your video wijn! great work! :wave: thanks for the article

thanks aomg for that info! :wave:

thanks for more pics Barbie! :wave:

thanks solange for those cute pics! :wave: