Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

So I guess we will find out the shooting date and other details in May. Thanks Palmina!

Rank these Leo-Marty movies from your most favorate being #1, and your least favorate being #4.

Gangs of New York, Shutter Island, The Aviator, or The Departed.

Although I think all of these movies are spectacular!

big thanks Kat for Gatsby news!!

................................................................................

This is an EXTRA on the J Edgar's report on the film set (Nice to see that leo is still a goofball on set!! Not uptight heheh)

shooting took place at 1037 W 6th St. in downtown LA yesterday.

We shot two scenes in a room used to resemble a Congress hearing with extras as onlookers, photogs and journalists crowding the room.

Main Actors: Leo and Armie.

The first scene was a 1932 hearing in which Hoover demanded everyone's fingerprint in America delivered to him. This was of course due to the Lindbergh baby. Great monologue delivered by Leo amongst flash bulbs of the press and in front of Senators. I got sent back to extras holding after a few takes, so missed some of it.

The Second scene was a 1936 hearing as Senators grilled J Edgar on the efficacy of the Bureau, if the bureau was directly or indirectly involved in advertisement (G-men radio programs, comic books etc.), Hoover's qualifications (Leo responds emphatically - "My qualifications? Nineteen Years with the Justice Department...Nineteen! Twelve with the Bureau.") and if he has personally made any arrests. Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson just sat (no lines) uncomfortably next to Leo as he is prodded. Second scene was fairly short in dialogue yet shot in several different angles with only a couple of takes for each. Leo's opening monologue about catching America's criminals and bringing them to justice was brilliant!! I heard it so many times that I could probably recite it.

Eastwood's set is a VERY quiet one, no cut or action really yelled or said, just hand signals for the most part. Eastwood gave very quiet direction to Leo and Armie as well as the extras. It was cool to see Clint mouthing Leo's opening monologue of the second scene angrily in sync with Leo...very a la Dirty Harry in a way.

Leo and Armie were very chill with everybody...of course extras weren't coming up to him or anything but their demeanor was very relaxed and personable. Although peeing in a urinal next to Leo was a little too personal (it was the "extra's bathroom" he used between a scene BTW...very cool).

I always wanted to see what Leo's method was for staying in character or how he prepared. I saw him joking with Armie between numerous takes, then, loudly clear his throat a couple of times and go right into it. He would sip a starbucks drink, then, clear his throat a couple of times and go right into it. Shooting those two scenes took about 8 hours total.

All in all, it was amazing to watch Clint direct Leo and to watch Leo work. I'm not a fanboy or anything, I just appreciate film at it's finest.

Asked him if he might get to do more extra work.....

Actually yes. The were looking to recall the extras for Monday and Tuesday for scenes set to shoot in the Santa Ana area. Just waiting for the confirmation call.

2/18 Shoot - Downtown Los Angeles - Extra in Scene

Shooting took place at 1037 W 6th St. in downtown LA yesterday.

We shot two scenes in a room used to resemble a Congress hearing with extras as onlookers, photogs and journalists crowding the room.

Main Actors: Leo and Armie.

The first scene was a 1932 hearing in which Hoover demanded everyone's fingerprint in America delivered to him. This was of course due to the Lindbergh baby. Great monologue delivered by Leo amongst flash bulbs of the press and in front of Senators. I got sent back to extras holding after a few takes, so missed some of it.

The Second scene was a 1936 hearing as Senators grilled J Edgar on the efficacy of the Bureau, if the bureau was directly or indirectly involved in advertisement (G-men radio programs, comic books etc.), Hoover's qualifications (Leo responds emphatically - "My qualifications? Nineteen Years with the Justice Department...Nineteen! Twelve with the Bureau.") and if he has personally made any arrests. Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson just sat (no lines) uncomfortably next to Leo as he is prodded. Second scene was fairly short in dialogue yet shot in several different angles with only a couple of takes for each. Leo's opening monologue about catching America's criminals and bringing them to justice was brilliant!! I heard it so many times that I could probably recite it.

Eastwood's set is a VERY quiet one, no cut or action really yelled or said, just hand signals for the most part. Eastwood gave very quiet direction to Leo and Armie as well as the extras. It was cool to see Clint angrily mouthing Leo's opening monologue of the second scene in sync with Leo...very a la Dirty Harry in a way.

Leo and Armie were very chill with everybody...of course extras weren't coming up to him or anything but their demeanor was very relaxed and personable. Although peeing in a urinal next to Leo was a little too personal (it was the "extra's bathroom" he used between a scene BTW...very cool).

I always wanted to see what Leo's method was for staying in character or how he prepared. I saw him joking with Armie between numerous takes, then, loudly clear his throat a couple of times and go right into it. He would sip a starbucks drink, then, clear his throat a couple of times and go right into it.

Shooting those two scenes took about 8 hours total.

All in all, it was amazing to watch Clint direct Leo and to watch Leo work. I'm not a fanboy or anything, I just appreciate film at it's finest.

**source: IMDB

So I guess we will find out the shooting date and other details in May. Thanks Palmina!

Rank these Leo-Marty movies from your most favorate being #1, and your least favorate being #4.

Gangs of New York, Shutter Island, The Aviator, or The Departed.

Although I think all of these movies are spectacular!

1. The Aviator 2. The Departed 3. Shutter Island 4. GONY

Thanks fashiondream! Leo seems like such a nice guy, and such a laid back man to be around with. its so cool to hear about Leo chatting with an extra, very LUCKY! Also cool to see Leo was hanging out with Kanye West.

My ratings:

1.The Departed 2.Shutter Island 3.The Aviator 4.GONY

For me:

1. The Departed, 2.Shutter Island, 3. The Aviator.

I dont like the idea of a 3D Gatsby movie. Really i dont like Baz, he is so "excessive".

--------------

New sighting. Leo 2Kings Dinner- Party. I think is a NBA All-Stars party:

# I didn't notice that Leonardo DiCaprio is here sitting next to Mark Cuban.

# Gayle King, Gee Roberson, Steve Stoute, DJ Mick Boogie, Kevin Liles, Ari Emanuel, Johnny Nunez, Future, Mr. Cartoon, Maria Menounos.

# Puff + Kim Porter just walked in. Very cool!

# jaybobo This is wht u call a highpowered dinner. Ron Howard, Steve Ballmer, Brian Glazer, Jimmy Iovine, Mark Cuban, Ken Chenault, Pat Riley.

# Beyonce, Rihanna, NeYo, Drake, JCole, Young Jeezy, The Dream...I think that's all the music people here. link

Thanks fashiondream! Leo seems like such a nice guy, and such a laid back man to be around with. its so cool to hear about Leo chatting with an extra, very LUCKY! Also cool to see Leo was hanging out with Kanye West.

My ratings:

1. The Departed 2. The Aviator 3. Shutter Island 4. Gangs of New York

By the way, this might seem like a silly question, but what is an extra??

I have no idea...

thanks fash and palmimna for the article it was very interesting :wave:

I hope we'll get more and more pics from J.Edgar set :)

my ratings:

1.The Aviator (I love Leo's character on this film)

2.The Departed (amazing cast,2 of my fave actors Leo and Jack together and amazing script)

3.Shutter Island (Leo's interesting character again and great script)

4.Gangs Of New York ( great play from Daniel Day Lewis :heart: Leo's character is nothing special on this movie,I guess )

My ratings:

1. The Departed 2. The Aviator 3. Shutter Island 4. Gangs of New York

By the way, this might seem like a silly question, but what is an extra??

I have no idea...

Its not a silly question! An extra is a person in the movie who is usually in the background, or has no lines. They are just kind of there for the background. :wave:

Oh, its a commercial!

Here are some other pics from the commercial. Sooooo sexxxyyyy in these pics. Some of the hottest pics of Leo :drool: :heart: :drool:

post-42953-1298233292_thumb.jpg

post-42953-1298233314_thumb.jpg

post-42953-1298233331_thumb.jpg

All thanks to Simplyleonardodicaprio.com!!

http://dicapriophotos.com/thumbnails.php?album=170

yup those are hot pics.... Not hot f@$king sexy pics hehe!!!! :drool:

thanks KAT ... Nice treat to come in to :wub:

kat: I also love his hair like that, very short! and Palmina: that hairstyle is also very good for him, he looks younger and fits more with his face, and you right Leo will have hair until he becomes an old man, he have very good hair and he even pass for a lot of changes in hair because of his work and his hair is still great, just look at Leo's dad hair...