Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Horror twins give Leo nightmares

(UKPA) – 29 minutes ago

Leonardo DiCaprio has told how he is haunted by a sinister scene from horror classic The Shining - and it gives him nightmares.

The actor has tackled giant icebergs and terrorists on screen - but the thought of the identical twins from Stanley Kubrick's 1980 film leaves him a gibbering wreck.

Leo revealed the ghost-like Grady twins, whose appearance in the film echoed a famous photograph by Diane Arbus, give him bad dreams.

The 35-year-old, who was promoting new film Inception in London, said: "The twins in The Shining scare the crap out of me, based on the Diane Arbus photograph. They scare the living daylights out of me. I think that's one of the most powerful images in film, as far as terrifying is concerned."

The star, a committed environmentalist, also blasted BP for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, but said he hoped the "tragedy" would lead to change.

He said: "This is a horrible tragedy. It's up to us as people and organisations and especially the government to put pressure on BP to try to resolve some of these major catastrophes.

"But more so than that, hopefully this is a turning point for us to realise that digging for oil in the depths of the ocean is probably not the best alternative for the future and we need to make a transition to greener and cleaner technologies."

He added: "Hopefully the US will do that. We have our fingers crossed. Hopefully this is a catalyst for something. That's my main wish."

:: Inception will be released on Friday July 16.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...xhbroBTneBsTccw

Inception photocall - cast. Ellen Page is so tiny compared to him. All great actors, especially Gillian Murphy - like him very very much. And of course Marion is very charismatik and rarely talented - unfortunately no photo of her there.

inception cast photocall london

Speaking of which - very funny old interview with Leonardo Dicaprio and Guillaume Canet - they were together in the movie The Beach /his first leading part after Titanic/, so its great to see them fool around!

Thank you Mystery for more pics of Leo :heart:

Thannk you fashiondream for alll of the cool news about Leo, it's good to see how respected he is.. that article with Drake was very nice

Yeah i also agree we will see a little leo and Bar baby they both talk about family now. But not right now because they are both busy but within the next couple years i think for sure... but who knows maybe it'll be soon. Can you post the link where he talks about looking forward to settling down... that would be so exciting if it were true and it might mean that we will be seeing it happen soon. but i don't believe unless there's a link. Always post links please and thank you

oh and for a tip of advice if you don't want to read that posters post just put them on ignore it hides it ;)

ps.. leo will be in Paris this saturday July 10th with Marion Cottillard promoting Inception

Bonne nouvelle, Leonardo DiCaprio et Marion Cotillard, invité au JT 20h de L.Delahousse Samedi 10/07 #inception

Here are some pictures of people waiting for the premiere of inception!!! Very exciting this movie will be sooo good!

post-40197-1278605444_thumb.jpg

post-40197-1278605452_thumb.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio - New beginning for the master of reinvention

As Leonardo DiCaprio makes his sci-fi debut in British director Christopher Nolan's Inception, the one-time heart-throb tells Lesley O'Toole why he's happy in darker, more cerebral roles

The new Matrix? Hell no! I would never label anything like that. That's a terrible thing to do to a new movie even if it is my first sci-fi one." Leonardo DiCaprio is laughing through slightly gritted teeth in mock-defending his new film, Inception. It's the first pairing of DiCaprio, who has never shied away from challenging material, and renowned visionary Brit in Hollywood Christopher Nolan, currently slated to direct the next Batman and Superman films for the same studio which is releasing Inception, Warner Brothers.

DiCaprio is no stranger to illustrious directors either. He and Martin Scorsese are famously a mutual admiration society that has produced four films, most recently the bleak, mind-bending Shutter Island. That film in tandem with Inception, set in the subconscious dream world, seem to denote something of a dark period for DiCaprio who is anything but gloomy in demeanour in Beverly Hills today. He looks to have lost weight in his face, is wearing a clearly made-to-measure designer grey suit, and sports the requisite made-perfectly white teeth and a perpetual grin.

Does he see those two films book-ending the blacker chapter of his resumé? "Bookends? I don't know. But I find these types of films that are psychologically sort of dark at times extremely exciting to do because there's always something to think about. There's nothing more boring than showing up on set, saying a line and knowing that your character means exactly what they say."

Unsurprisingly, he has long wanted to work with Nolan and is clearly in awe of the man who steered The Dark Knight to a $500 million-plus haul in the US two summers ago. "Chris has created a highly complex narrative fused with a giant Hollywood action film which had points of being externally surreal. It's very difficult to make a film like this nowadays. He's a visionary and it's not often you get a film this detailed and complex from the Hollywood studio system that doesn't take its audience for granted. Not a lot of people can say they can pull off a plot structure like this or do a film that works on four different layers simultaneously while still being engaging to an audience and making you think afterwards."

Inception is certainly an atypical summer Hollywood movie, one uncommonly cerebral. DiCaprio, like Nolan, believes audiences are underestimated. "And I don't even believe you even have to understand it. I didn't understand the script at first. Films should make you extract your own meaning or have different interpretations of an ending. Sometimes you have to surrender your desire to understand everything. Some things will always be uncertain. And isn't all this part of the experience of going to see a film? When it's done properly and you don't lose the audience, I think they are completely engaged and happy to unlock some of the answers. If I go to a film and there's no discussion after, that makes me think it's pretty shitty."

DiCaprio is 35 now and almost unrecognisable as the baby-faced actor shot to the sort of life-altering global fame by 1997's Titanic as Robert Pattinson was by the first Twilight film. Yet he seems to have written the book on how to convert that isolating, unwelcome brand of fame (teen heartthrob status so rarely translates to anything admirably permanent career-wise in adulthood) into a career which has him grinning like the proverbial Cheshire cat. It certainly helped that pre-Titanic he'd already garnered a Best Supporting Actor Academy Award nomination (for his searing performance of a mentally challenged boy in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?") and that immediately post-Titanic, he took roles in films as diverse as Woody Allen's Celebrity, Danny Boyle's The Beach and then, in his first collaboration with Martin Scorsese, Gangs of New York.

Would he say he has adeptly created his own destiny? "I think we are all in charge of creating our own destiny depending on circumstances and the cards we're dealt. But we're not necessarily all products of our environment. You hear stories of people defying those odds all the time. People living their dreams and going above and beyond what they set out to do. I believe we're in control of it. Some of us get better cards to play with in the beginning but we're all in charge."

DiCaprio is clearly blessed with a headful of brains not common in those who started as child actors (he was a pre-tween idol on TV's Growing Pains sitcom in the US) and has used them well. "Hollywood was my college and I've been so lucky to have been lucky enough to work with very talented people who have taught me a lot. I've watched their careers and their decision-making. I'm a very lucky human being, very lucky to be in the position I'm in and don't take it for granted."

DiCaprio is famed for his environmental and humanitarian work. He also owns and runs a production company called Appian Way that has more than 10 projects in pre-production. DiCaprio is a hands-on boss with eclectic taste and a slate that will not permit much by way of holidays any time soon. Next month, his production of Little Red Riding Hood, starring Amanda Seyfried begins filming in Canada and next for DiCaprio's actor-for-hire incarnation might be Clint Eastwood's long-discussed biopic of J Edgar Hoover, first head of the FBI and a colourful character almost more famous now for whisperings of his cross-dressing than his investigation into John F Kennedy's assassination. "Will I wear a dress in the film? Not as of yet. We haven't done fittings for that."

DiCaprio speaks often with an invisible arched brow though he has learnt too to temper his sarcasm, or at least note it for the record. On playing a father struggling with being separated from his children in both Shutter Island and Inception, he jokes, "It helped in preparation that I went and had a lot of illegitimate children around the world. Look, it's just our job to immerse ourselves in situations and characters we're not necessarily familiar with. I love these sorts of challenges."

He might relish other life challenges such as marriage and actual children somewhat less though he is loath to discuss anything terribly personal. He insists he's not even much of a dreamer – "Never have been" – as if the contents of his own subconscious might be even too revealing. By all accounts, his on-off relationship with Israeli model Bar Rafaeli, 10 years his junior, is very much on. The couple are rarely photographed together in public but that is mostly a result of their avoiding the spots paparazzi stalk. When they were spotted exiting a famed Los Angeles camera shop this month, they walked more than 10 feet apart in an effort to ensure no sellable pictures.

@ Fashiondream: If you have missed it, I also posted photos of him AND Bar together -as one of his ladies /the present one, he is with nowadays/.

I hadn't really sad anything bad about her, and I don't think anything bad about her. But my point was- haven't you noticed, that they act quite normally and happy and when they see the paps they cover their faces and run? I feel sad for them, that they have to hide to avoid the paps, and I would much prefer to know they are somewhere out there happy by themselves, or their familys. That's why I was against stalking - like following his every step, cause I have been a fan since almost 15 years now, and I know he hates it /he said it couple of times in interviews./.

Don't you feel kind of embarassed to watch their private emotions - I mean put yourself in their place- if I post a pictures of you and your boyfriend /husband/ on this thread and people you don't know discuss them /not that I have,or I will, I am just truying to explain/ ?

By the way, Leonardo is posted not under CELEBRITY, but under ACTOR. He said it multiple times in interviews he doesn't wanna be a celebrity, but a good actor.

But thank you very much for the other articles and news, they are very appreciated.

OMG Thanks for that article fashion dream!Leo is soo articulate and i agree with what the interviewer says.

i agree with you Anjelina that's a cute pic. Gisele and Bar are both beautiful ladies :heart: We will never see those kind of pics of Bar and Leo because they are both more private about their relationship which i believe is the key to why they are still going strong... i'm happy they don't feel the need to pose at red carpets because it;s not necessary it's just makes the tabloids write more stories and stuff which they don't want :yuckky: The ending of the article that fashiondream posted just sums it all up and even the interviewer noticed lol which is good

@ Fashiondream: If you have missed it, I also posted photos of him AND Bar together -as one of his ladies /the present one, he is with nowadays/.

I hadn't really sad anything bad about her, and I don't think anything bad about her. But my point was- haven't you noticed, that they act quite normally and happy and when they see the paps they cover their faces and run? I feel sad for them, that they have to hide to avoid the paps, and I would much prefer to know they are somewhere out there happy by themselves, or their familys. That's why I was against stalking - like following his every step, cause I have been a fan since almost 15 years now, and I know he hates it /he said it couple of times in interviews./.

Don't you feel kind of embarassed to watch their private emotions - I mean put yourself in their place- if I post a pictures of you and your boyfriend /husband/ on this thread and people you don't know discuss them /not that I have,or I will, I am just truying to explain/ ?

By the way, Leonardo is posted not under CELEBRITY, but under ACTOR. He said it multiple times in interviews he doesn't wanna be a celebrity, but a good actor.

But thank you very much for the other articles and news, they are very appreciated.

That is 100% true, they always do that, at first i though they look kind of funny to see them running everywhere. But yeah, it looks to me like they both hate paps, when you see candids of them alone they look so cute&happy & they hold hands & kiss, but then they see paps & they go apart & start running or acting like criminals lol. But i guess is just 'cuz they like to be as private as possible & IMO that's a good thing

Overall, i think they make an adorable couple. At the end of the day, it's my favorite actor with one of my favorite models so i have to love them :laugh:

Now in other things, i love how Leo goes to all of his events. He always looks so good, he's such a classy man ... & im dying to see the movie it looks so great, can't wait for the premiere here!