Bellazon

Football

goose

I hope they don't win the thing. At this point, it would be shamefull. They haven't really impressed in the first three games.

You mean 4 games right? They weren't particularly impressive in the Ghana match either...

I'm supporting them but I only hope they win stylishly :yes:

To me it's about entertainment. My favorite teams in WC history won absolutely nothing: Holland 74, Brazil 82, Denmark 86, Bulgaria 94, Holland 98

:yes: I support Holland in the Euros because of their history of playing spectacular entertaining football

I hate, HATE teams that play football with as only goal to win the game, regardless of the way they play.

Barcelona proved yet again that you can be successfull while being the most entertaining side at the same time. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

*sigh* money talks nowadays...and that's sad :no:

The problem is a lot of coaches take a Machiavellian approach to the game.

it's the money and what is at risk...

some argue that defence can be entertaining too, but I beg to differ.

Defence can be artistic, elegant but not entertaining.

Tactics can be appreciated and considered genius, but not entertaining.

Someone made an analogy with Coldplay about result-orientated football.

You can appreciate it all you want, but it's not something that'll get you jumping :laugh:

I :heart: Coldplay :ninja:

it's both entertainment and a business, and the two sides will never meet in the middle.

the fatal flaw with a game like football is that teams can play to not lose, much more so than NFL or MLB. not that that kills the game, just kills some of the entertainment.

and Brasil will win. I am rooting for France, but I've only missed one call in the WC so far, Czech.

hi boys lol

yayayyyy for emerson being out..no one has to wash their eyes out after the game..just kidding.

when is the game with brazil and france and also the one with italy and ukraine...i think i might miss either one of these games.. :cry: 3rd day of my first new job [Dunkin Donuts..woop woop :cain: ] i can't just make up some bullshit excuse already! fuckers.

Favorite footie sides: Barcelona 90-94, Ajax 93-96, AC Milan 89-92, PSV with Romario. That was entertainment. :yes:

Liverpool 2004-?

It may not be the best skills or anything but how many finals have we won with 3 goals? :rofl:

Super Cup, FA Cup, The final that shall not be mentioned in the presence of acmilan...Cup :ninja:

and we lost an entertaining CWC final <_<

it's both entertainment and a business, and the two sides will never meet in the middle.

the fatal flaw with a game like football is that teams can play to not lose, much more so than NFL or MLB. not that that kills the game, just kills some of the entertainment.

ugh it's like oil and water most of the time <_<

and true... the draw can be a bad thing...but the lack of goals makes scoring such a special occasion...unless you're Argentina playing a hapless S&M side of course :p