Bellazon

Football

goose

^I believe that's facial expression number 37 in Cristiano's 'it's not fair' archive. :pinch:

Interesting to hear about the creative plans clubs are currently coming up with in order to try and circumvent UEFA's Financial Fair Play order. Real Madrid apparently intend to build a $1billion club-themed holiday resort in the Persian Gulf, complete with theme park, yacht club and stadium, while Trabzonspor are finalising plans to knock up a hydro electric power plant, which the club reckon will bring in an extra $10million each year. Curious stuff.

Also, Michael Owen to Stoke. A footballer who no longer plays football signing for a club who never have. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's any set of circumstances, hypothetical or otherwise, where Southampton 4-1 Aston Villa is an acceptable scoreline in a competitive football match. Sorry, we may be a team in transition and good luck to Nigel and his saintly boys (that should be playing in red and white stripes but aren't) but I mean, for goodness sake, if you're going to concede four goals in one half it better have been to a great team. Hopefully after our obligatory 4-0 mauling by Man City in the League Cup we can restore some semblance of dignity by picking up a win against the rancid stench they call West Brom. Surely we will.

Devastated to only draw tonight, we completely outclassed City in every conceivable way (including, as ever, in support). Mario (G.) was outstanding, he will conquer the world one day, of that there is no doubt. Lewandowski was always due a disappointing performance, the more Man Utd references made in the build up and the more glaring shots of Sir Alex Taggart in the stands, the more certain I was that he'd have a 'mare (in fairness, most of his actual game play was at his usual incredibly high standard). His miss in the second half was simply inexplicable but I know Hannover will incur his wrath on Sunday because that's the kind of boy he is. I thought the penalty was unfair but I would say that, I guess. Real at home is beyond a big deal but I believe its winnable. And later on in “matchday 6” we'll beat City , sip champagne and forget the vapid silence of the Etihad, home of the “passionate” Poznan peddling prat brigade in sky blue.

If not for some terrific 'keeping by Joe Hart and some poor finishing (particularly from the otherwise superb Lewandowski) then Dortmund would have taken and undoubtedly deserved at least a 5-0 victory. Balotelli's borderline-perverse enjoyment of high-pressure situations always makes for compulsive viewing, but it was a true logic-buster to penalise such an obviously accidental handball. Had the penalty not been given to a Premier League club at the expense of Johnny Foreigner, the referee would have been absolutely panned for that one. You only have to look at how far the ball travels before hitting the defender's arm.

So anyway, I think it's same to assume that Hart has already used up his weekly allocation of good saves. By all rights, he should be terrible on Saturday. All we have to worry about is getting near the goal. :unsure:

Watching us try to defend against and compete with Man City yesterday reminded me of when I play FIFA '12 (alas, I haven't got '13 yet) against someone who actually knows what they're doing. If Martin could have thrown down his controller in disgust and sent an abusive message to Mancini, he probably would have. :pinch: