Bellazon

Football

goose

Man U signed Patrice Evra from Monaco

That's a good buy (Y)

Yep. a top top signing. Along with Vidic (who many clubs have tracked for last 3-4 years) he will help make the United defence one of the strongest units in Europe... at last!

United need a couple of very strong midfielders now as the final pieces in the current jigsaw in order to get anywhere near Chelskum's consistency. I was hoping they would go for Gattuso, but not likely. Zokora is possible prospect but not sure if he can make the step up. Gravesen is being talked about, and to be honest have not seen much of him since moved to Real Madrid - so jury is out on him. There is a real lack of Roy Keane type all action midfielders in the current game - any upcoming talent?

You're a Manyo supprter huh? <_< I'm a Liverpool supporter :o

I'll try to make unbiased comments on Manyoo... no guarantees though :p

Evra and Henize are great. Gary Neville sucks, get a better right back. I have no idea how he's in the England or Manyoo squads. Dump Brown and Silvestre. They're squad players. Vidic and Ferdinand are good.

O'Shea is a bit part player and Fortune, he has no skill. He just fouls day and night.

Midfield: Smith is not a midfielder! Fletcher also has to go. Liam Miller is gone already? He looked good with the Hoops, but haven't seen him at Old Trafford. Play Park Ji Sung a lot more and give Giggs a rest. You're right, you'll need some good mids sooner or later.

Forwards: Though I hate Horseface and Shrek, I must admit that they are good. No need to change there. Get rid of Saha.

Manager: Tell Queiroz to shut up and replace Fergie with Hitzfeld or Capello. Continue playing a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and everything should be fine and dandy. I reckon Fergie way past his prime. No point appealing to his past glories. That won't get you anywhere if he keeps playing crappy formations.

so yes, :clobber: That is my somewhat "fair" assessment :p

Interesting assessement - can't argue too much and some of it restating the obvious. There are not many decent English right backs at the moment, in fact not that many great ones around at present - Gary gives an excellent overlap option and can put crosses in better than many lesser wingers. Brown is a solid squad player and can get stuck in - and needed to today against a spiroted Burton. Yes Silvestre's a liability but I never rated him as a centre back, left back he is much better, but behind Heinze and Evra if both fit available. United squad is small and lacks depth something all sides barring Chelskum so no point getting rid of players unless sufficient quality and numbers are aquired. I think you are harsh on some players as Smith could become a great midfielder, it can take a player a year to learn a new position and he is still young - although in this day and age no supporter can wait they want an instant player in every department. Fletcher i don't rate buta good commited squad man. Miller on loan to Leeds - you can see the Scots football is light years behind the Prem - he will improve (I hope). Nothing wrong with Saha - you forget he has been injured everytime he has played for France over the last year - he is just starting to get some match fitness and is a useful back up to Ruud & Rooney. Apart from Chelskum's ripped off Russian Billions United would be top of the Prem - enough said.

Silvestre is horrible, he makes one stupid mistake a game and Ferdinand is over-rated, I remember when people were saying he's better than Nesta :whistle:

Better than Nesta? HA! Never!

Ferdinand does have the skill, but he's really arrogant, and that's why he can't be that great. He thinks too highly of himself. If he'd just put his head down and put in the hard yards and combine that with his skill he'd be a pretty good player. I still rate him as good, but not Nesta good :laugh:

Sorry Nesta would not last a minute in the Prem, excellent defender but plays a different game. Rio is second best defender in UK after Terry.

Silvestre is horrible, he makes one stupid mistake a game and Ferdinand is over-rated, I remember when people were saying he's better than Nesta :whistle:

Better than Nesta? HA! Never!

Ferdinand does have the skill, but he's really arrogant, and that's why he can't be that great. He thinks too highly of himself. If he'd just put his head down and put in the hard yards and combine that with his skill he'd be a pretty good player. I still rate him as good, but not Nesta good :laugh:

Sorry Nesta would not last a minute in the Prem, excellent defender but plays a different game. Rio is second best defender in UK after Terry.

Nesta is the best defender in the world, how wouldn't he last in the EPL :idk:

I recall Chelsea trying to buy him for 50 million, but Milan wouldn't sell him. If Nesta played for Man U, they'd have a better goals against than Chelsea :p

my poor Spurs :cry2:

they were up 2-0 wern't they

indeed . . . Leicester were so lucky and Spurs were so average. the thing that made it worse was that De Vries was miles offside for Leicester's 3rd right at the end and that the match should have ended a draw . . . :(

oh well . . . . i'll suppose now we can focus on getting a champions league spot :)

my poor Spurs :cry2:

they were up 2-0 wern't they

indeed . . . Leicester were so lucky and Spurs were so average. the thing that made it worse was that De Vries was miles offside for Leicester's 3rd right at the end and that the match should have ended a draw . . . :(

oh well . . . . i'll suppose now we can focus on getting a champions league spot :)

Hahaha bollocks. You sound like Mark Lawrenson and you fucking don't want that!

The EPL is way too physical, that's why not many players coming from Spain or Italy can adapt, or take longer to adapt. The refs don't blow whistles in England. But I'd like to see Nesta in the EPL, it'd be interesting to watch, whether he sinks or floats.

And I don't know what all the rave is about Terry, cause whenever I see him play, he's getting cover from Carvalho or Gallas <_< I reckon he'd make a good understudy to Cech though :rofl:

Lousy Chelsea cheating handballers <_< :clobber:

Then again I don't see what's so great about Ashley Cole either. I seriously think Riise is better than Cole.

Edited by red_ed

Interesting assessement - can't argue too much and some of it restating the obvious. There are not many decent English right backs at the moment, in fact not that many great ones around at present - Gary gives an excellent overlap option and can put crosses in better than many lesser wingers. Brown is a solid squad player and can get stuck in - and needed to today against a spiroted Burton. Yes Silvestre's a liability but I never rated him as a centre back, left back he is much better, but behind Heinze and Evra if both fit available. United squad is small and lacks depth something all sides barring Chelskum so no point getting rid of players unless sufficient quality and numbers are aquired. I think you are harsh on some players as Smith could become a great midfielder, it can take a player a year to learn a new position and he is still young - although in this day and age no supporter can wait they want an instant player in every department. Fletcher i don't rate buta good commited squad man. Miller on loan to Leeds - you can see the Scots football is light years behind the Prem - he will improve (I hope). Nothing wrong with Saha - you forget he has been injured everytime he has played for France over the last year - he is just starting to get some match fitness and is a useful back up to Ruud & Rooney. Apart from Chelskum's ripped off Russian Billions United would be top of the Prem - enough said.

Gary Neville isn't as good as Phil in my opinion. And yeh, there aren't many good English right backs, but that just tells you one thing. England's right bakc position is screwed. Gary kicks more shin in a game than he makes tackles. Look at what him and Phil did to Reyes; they couldn't match his skill, so they aim for his legs. Also, you can buy internationals like Krompkamp :o :laugh:

Saha and Smith were over-rated impulse buys. You could've got a better deal and some more quality if Fergie would've waited for all the hype to pass.

On paper, Smith can look like a good potential midfielder, but he's not. The only good way of playing him in midfield would be to play him as an attacking midfielder, cause of his running and his willingness to lay the ball off for others. As a central mid or defensive mid he sucks. He's too hot-headed and his decision making is questionable. He fouls like a madman and lacks the discipline to stay in position. Yes he's young, but personally, considering his personality, I don't see a future for him in midfield or at Manyoo.

But I agree, there's no point taking apart the squad unless you have some backup ready. Especially with Chelsea at the summit <_< Well, at least Manyoo can concentrate on the EPL and the Carling Cup now.