Bellazon

Video Programs

Guest MissIsabella

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have discovered how bad native MPEG4 decoding is under Vista (it seemed to be dropping framerate or something - jerky panning) and found another solution. (re-enable the XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder again if you turned it off using my previous instruction).

Go to <Start Menu><All Programs><XVid><Configure Decoder>. In the <Output> options, choose <Compatibility Renderer> and click <OK>

This still utilises the XVid MPEG4 codec and resolved the half green screen issue.

Hope this helps.

Basically Vista is epic fail. (assuming you're running Vista)

If you don't have Xvid you can download it for free here

Hope it helps :whistle:

• 1 month later...

Basically there are no free movie editing programs that are any better than Windows Movie Maker, that I know of.

If you're serious about it, download trials of Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere the Ulead one etc. and see which one's best.

it won't let me upload the videos I make on it anywhere :cry:

I mean it saves them in some weird format that doesn't work when I try to upload it anywhere... that's the only thing I want to change really... I just need a program like windows that will save in a format that I can upload on youtube or imageshack or photobucket.

I mean it saves them in some weird format that doesn't work when I try to upload it anywhere... that's the only thing I want to change really... I just need a program like windows that will save in a format that I can upload on youtube or imageshack or photobucket.

Hmm I've used Movie Maker to upload to youtube before...

http://i26.tinypic.com/s1u7gx.jpg

Scratch that. Just realised PAL isn't 4:3 :S

If you're still having troubles, reply, because there is a long way to get videos from Movie Maker into nice AVI format....

• 3 weeks later...