Anette Stai
Thumbnail

jal718

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had no idea who she is, but I saw this thread on here because it was at the top for being recently posted on, and I liked her name so I checked it out. 

It's so neat to see how older modeling was! I like so many of these shots! I don't like the hair or clothing, but I like how realistic and simple some of them are, and this model has a beautiful face! I love how BZ has new models and retired models threads. 

Thank you everyone for updating! I'm excited to check more of the old school models out!

2 hours ago, bump said:

I had no idea who she is, but I saw this thread on here because it was at the top for being recently posted on, and I liked her name so I checked it out. 

It's so neat to see how older modeling was! I like so many of these shots! I don't like the hair or clothing, but I like how realistic and simple some of them are, and this model has a beautiful face! I love how BZ has new models and retired models threads. 

Thank you everyone for updating! I'm excited to check more of the old school models out!

Renee Simonsen, Kim Alexis, Bitten Knudsen, Kelly Emberg, Carol Alt, Alexa Singer, Jacki Adams, Patti Hansen, Julie Anderson, Shana Zadrick and Yasmeen Ghauri should keep you busy for awhile.

@jal718 thank you! I like seeing what modeling was like before social media when the models were chosen for how good they were. I'm going to check them out! 

@RocketQueenthank you for the tip! I'm glad you guys gave me some direction of where to look because I have no idea about old school modeling, but am definitely interested in looking at some. 

The INTERVIEW to Klikk.No  

Meet Anette Stai - Norway's first supermodel.   Anette Stai thinks it's awful to grow older. But have never felt better.

Anette Stai was Norway's first supermodel. Today she is 50, thinks it's awful to get older, but looks at herself with a milder look now than before.

- I notice it in the long glances, those who used to follow me all the way down the street. They are not that long now. It happened a few years ago. And that's all right, says Anette Stai.

- I wonder if I really appreciated the looks at the time, she asks.

- How important is it for you to keep the beauty?

- It's not important. I look at myself with a milder look now. But then there is the professional Anette. She who examines herself mercilessly in the mirror before recording. And then I'm not mild. I walk all over my body with a critical eye, from head to toe, to check that I can deliver.

- What age signs are you most comfortable with?

- None, really. I think it's awful to get older . Age reminds me that life has an end, it scares me. My life has never been better than now, so maybe that's why I want to hold on for a long time. I have not come so far that I can reconcile myself with the fact that it is an end. It is a paradox that the older we get, the better life seems to be, and the shorter time we have left. Time is running out. Old age can have elements of unworthiness. And I fear that more than anything.

- What is it like to see the 50s connected to your name?

- It's a little strange, and I do not quite understand where it came from. But first and foremost, I'm thankful I'm not 50 or older. In the past, I have always rounded the year with joy. As I approached 30, I could hardly wait for the day to come. I needed to be 30. 40 was nice and okay. And then suddenly the 50's came throwing. That is an adult number.

When Anette left her modeling career and came up with the book Crazy business , she was very focused on the eating disorders that characterized the industry.   Later she has admitted that her relationship with food has also been problematic.

- It took time before I could enjoy food in a healthy way. Only when I got pregnant with Nicolas, and had another life to take care of, did it fall into place.

When I worked as a model, food became illegal, and thus it was the only thing I thought about. At that time I fought with the kilos, and was constantly told by agents and photographers that I was too big, either here or there. Now I eat what I want, but I am careful with the calories. What you put in you seems on the outside. I am not against either cosmetic surgery or non-surgical treatments. But it's a private matter. I do not think we should judge each other so harshly . If you have a friend who has lifted and pulled, one who has filled small breasts, and one who has removed fat from the abdomen, it must be up to them and no one else, says Anette.

3250880.jpg