Bellazon

Nico Rosberg
Thumbnail

cora

Nico's French GP 2008 Column

As a result of the 10-place penalty from Montreal, I expected the French Grand Prix to be a tough race. But not this tough!

The FW30 lacked the pace of our main competitors in the battle for fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship. That’s not to say we didn’t make progress with the set-up during practice because we improved from 14th fastest on Friday morning to 11th on Friday afternoon and on Saturday morning we were fourth quickest. But when it really mattered, in qualifying and the race, the Red Bulls and the Renaults were quicker.

My pace over one lap in qualifying was compromised by the rear wing we wanted to use in the race, but it should have cost only a tenth of a second and to qualify 15th was very disappointing. After battling with the BMWs and the Ferraris in Canada, it was a bit of a reality check and proof that our car isn’t strong on these quick, medium downforce tracks.

With my 10-place penalty, I started the race on the back row of the grid. I wasn’t last, however; the wooden spoon went to Rubens Barrichello, who had a gearbox change on race morning and the resultant five-place penalty saw him line up 20th.

At the start of the race, I got too much wheelspin and I wasn’t able to make up any places on the run to the first corner. Knowing that I was on a one-stop strategy, I spent the early laps nursing my option tyres while my fuel load was at its heaviest. I was then the last driver to pit for new rubber, on lap 40, which was when I switched to the prime tyre and could push a bit harder from the outset. I crossed the finish line in 16th place, which was my worst result of the year.

At least I won’t have a grid penalty at the British Grand Prix, the next race on the calendar, so I’m looking forward to having a better race there. We have a test session at the track this week, when we hope to make progress with the set-up of the car and resolve some of the issues we had in France. Although Silverstone has a lot of high-speed corners at the start of the lap, the twisty end to it means we use slightly more downforce than at Magny-Cours, which I hope will improve our overall competitiveness.

There’s also a very important football match on Wednesday, which I’ll be watching in my motorhome in the Silverstone paddock. Germany are playing Turkey in the semi finals of Euro 2008, which I’m told is the 18th time they’ve made it into the semis of a major tournament. That’s a very impressive record, but one that they fully deserve because they know how to perform when it really matters. If they win, you can guess what I’ll be doing next Sunday, which is finals day!

See you at Silverstone,

Nico

This is the link :AT&T Williams F1

Heyy :wave:

Nico is sooooo SEXY :heart: I just want to marry him :drool: (and most other F1 drivers, they'll mostly cute :))

Unlucky he's dating vivian siobold though. i heard that nico's and vivian's family has known eachother since they were kids. at least they have their parents approval to marry straight in the bag. (i don't want her to, but hey, it doesn't matter)

that pic of the british GB. he's soooo sexy yet again! he shoots, he scores the sexy rating no1. :)

He's a star in the making..... ILY. :heart:

kisses to you all.

p.s thanks cora 4 the photo, my heart is pumping for even more nico pics :)

:kiss:

Heyy :wave:

Nico is sooooo SEXY :heart: I just want to marry him :drool: (and most other F1 drivers, they'll mostly cute :))

Unlucky he's dating vivian siobold though. i heard that nico's and vivian's family has known eachother since they were kids. at least they have their parents approval to marry straight in the bag. (i don't want her to, but hey, it doesn't matter)

that pic of the british GB. he's soooo sexy yet again! he shoots, he scores the sexy rating no1. :)

He's a star in the making..... ILY. :heart:

kisses to you all.

p.s thanks cora 4 the photo, my heart is pumping for even more nico pics :)

:kiss:

It's a pleasure Gillyice ! Vivian wants to dedicate herself to her work at the moment and Nico doesn't want to hear about wedding or about baby...

wil2008070638627pvpz7.jpg

niuwlbdgmbsvkagzbekeb9.jpg

04-article_h.jpg

I must admit, Nico is looking mighty good lately...I wonder why...

He looks so groomed...I mean, it looks like he does wax his eyebrows and take much care for his hair!

Well, when you are so pretty....gotta take care of yourself, LOL

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Oh thank you gillyice !

Nico's German GP Column : 22 July 08

The pace of the FW30 was better at Hockenheim than at either of the previous couple of races, so it was disappointing to come away from my home Grand Prix in 10th place. I haven't scored any World Championship points since Turkey and it's not a drought that I'm enjoying!

The race was still good fun though because there was so much going on in the middle of the field. A clutch problem meant I got bogged down at the start and lost a place, but thereafter I had some good dices. After the Safety Car period, I had a great time racing with Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso; no-one gave an inch, but it was good, clean racing.

While the result wasn't what I wanted, at least I wasn't the last German home. The five German drivers - me, Sebastian Vettel, Timo Glock, Adrian Sutil and Nick Heidfeld - had a bet prior to qualifying in which we agreed that the lowest-placed German in the race would have to do a forfeit. I'd agreed to cook for the entire AT&T Williams team in Hungary, but it's Timo who's going to have to get to work after his crash. I think he said he'd clean the Toyota motorhome!

From here we go to Jerez for a four-day test session this week. We've got several new parts to try ahead of the next race in Hungary and I'm told we're going to get another run on next year's slick tyres as well. It's important to gather as much information as possible from the '09 rubber because so much of a car's performance comes from how it uses its tyres.

As for the Hungarian Grand Prix, I think our car will suit the Hungaroring. So far this year we've been competitive on high and low downforce tracks, and we've struggled on the medium downforce tracks. The Hungaroring requires high downforce and it's also a good challenge for the drivers because many of the corners are inter-linked; if you make a mistake in one corner, you can still be paying for it several turns later.

The expected heat of Hockenheim didn't materialise last Sunday, so it will be nice to race somewhere where it's almost guaranteed to be hot. Since the inaugural Hungarian Grand Prix in 1986, it has rained only once, in 2006. The heat makes the race quite physical. Not a problem for me.

Wouldn't it be nice to score some more points?

See you there,

Nico

Hungarian preview : GPF1 Hungary 2008 (1-3/08/08)

Qualifying the key for Williams

Hungarian GP - Williams Toyota - Preview

Round 11 of the Championship and the final race prior to the traditional three week August summer break takes Formula One to the cultural hotspot of Budapest this weekend for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

In 1986, Hungary became the first Eastern European country to host a Grand Prix and has remained a permanent fixture on the calendar ever since. Over its 22 race history, the Hungaroring has provided the backdrop for a host of dramatic racing outcomes and, with the competition so fierce throughout the field, Formula One’s fans should be in for another thrilling Grand Prix this weekend.

For Williams, Nico Rosberg will be chasing his first points paying finish since Monaco, while Nakajima is looking to add to his tally of lower points paying finishes in recent events.

Nico Rosberg : "Hungary is a very different track to the ones we’ve been racing at over the past few Grand Prix. It has a similar layout to Monaco, a circuit which suited our car, and is a track which really requires a different set-up direction to that which we’ve run at the past few races, so Hungary should be a better race for us. We did a good job in qualifying there last year and we then went well in the race, so I think we can look forward to a good weekend. It’s always very hot at Budapest, which can make it really tough, but it’s never a problem for me."

video : Grand Prix Insights Hungary 2008

GPF1 Hungary 2008 :

08110011hs3.jpg

08hurosberg02ap3.jpg

Nico's Hungarian GP Column : 5 August 08

All in all, we had a disappointing weekend in Hungary. I expected the FW30 to be more competitive at the Hungaroring than it was at Hockenheim, Silverstone or Magny Cours, but I wasn’t able to show the car’s true potential due to a frustrating series of incidents.

We made a lot of progress with the set-up of the car on Friday and I ended the day in 10th place, which is where I thought I’d qualify on Saturday. That didn’t materialise because a hydraulic problem stopped me completing a lap in Q2, so I had to line up 14th on the grid.

Prior to the race I analysed previous starts in Hungary and decided that the inside of the track was the best position to be in on the approach to Turn 1. That’s what I did, but Jenson Button braked really early ahead of me and I lost a couple of places as a result.

I made my first pitstop on lap 30, but a re-fuelling problem cost me a couple of seconds and I emerged behind Giancarlo Fisichella’s Force India, which ruined the rest of my race. I used only eight tenths of the car’s potential while behind Fisi, but it’s so hard to pass at the Hungaroring that I couldn’t overtake and spent the whole of the middle stint stuck behind him. I eventually got ahead at my second pitstop and finished 14th.

It’s now the three-week summer break and I hope that everyone in the AT&T Williams race team manages to have a few days off ahead of the final seven races of the year. I’m heading into the Alps for some high altitude training, which I’m looking forward to. We have a tough programme of physical training planned, but I love being in the mountains during the summer because they are so beautiful.

I’ll then head to the factory during the week prior to the European Grand Prix to begin my preparations for the race. It’s always exciting to go to a new racetrack and from the drawings that I’ve seen of Valencia it looks like an interesting layout. There are a couple of long straights that should see us reaching speeds of 190mph, which could make the circuit quite tough on brakes – a bit like Montreal.

Given that no-one has any prior experience of the track, it will be interesting to see which team-driver combinations learn the track fastest. Being a street circuit, I’ll build up my pace throughout Friday practice because the walls will be unforgiving and the track surface will get quicker as more rubber goes down, so it will be hard to know how much grip is available.

I haven’t scored any points since the Turkish Grand Prix at the beginning of May and I’m hungry for more. Valencia would be a good place to add to my tally.

See you in a few weeks,

Nico

nicorosberg10005111aufmxc9.jpg

12/08/08 - Bild.de : Hier macht der Schumi-Doc Nico Rosberg fit

Von PETER HECK und JOACHIM STORCH

Der junge Mann tritt kräftig in die Pedale seines Mountainbikes. Über drei Stunden geht es in den Schweizer Alpen hoch über Arosa bergauf und bergab.

Nico Rosberg (22) nutzt die Pause in der Formel 1 zu einem brutal harten Höhentraining – damit er noch besser wird.

Fünf Tage wohnten Nico und seine Betreuer aus der Sportklinik Bad Nauheim in 1835 Meter Höhe. Das „Kulm Hotel“ bietet Fünf-Sterne-Luxus – aber davon hatte der Formel-1-Star wenig. Ein genau dosierter Trainingsplan sorgte dafür, dass er abends todmüde ins Bett fiel.

Dr. Johannes Peil, der nach Michael Schumacher jetzt Nico Rosberg und Timo Glock medizinisch betreut: „In der Höhe braucht man mehr Leistung, um das Gleiche zu erreichen. Man kann also viel Leistung bolzen, ohne den Bewegungsapparat mehr zu belasten.“

Für Nico hieß das an einem Tag „Höhen-Triathlon“: Dreieinhalb Stunden auf dem Bike, eine halbe Stunde schwimmen in einem Alpensee und danach noch ein 90-Minuten-Berglauf.

Und auch Nervenkitzel kam nicht zu kurz: Nach einem Aufstieg von über einer Stunde wurde mit Bergführer Felix geklettert, danach in einem eiskalten Bergsee gebadet. Nico, der bisher nur in Indoor-Hallen geklettert war: „Ich bin total begeistert!“

Sein Arzt auch.

Die Belastungs-Tests und Laborwerte, die vor und nach dem Höhentraining genommen wurden, zeigten, dass Nico topfit ist – für seinen Angriff in der Formel 1.

This is the link : post-18659-0-1446080628-90121_thumb.jpg

You'll find many pics !