Bellazon

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Thumbnail

*Addicted*

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

The M&S stuff is pretty, but I wish she had a little more variety in her work. Lately it feels like it's just Paige and Autograph.

Yes, you're right. I also wish to Rosie had more variety of photoshoots, campaigns, maybe finally began collaborations with other brands. And better yet, that she finally returned to the runway someday. She really has long been focused only on working with Paige and M&S. We need something different, new. The only good thing about this year is a lot of new photoshoots for magazines and a lot of different covers. Of course, her collaboration with Paige and M&S is great, but there is nothing else. It's sad because she could do a lot more.

Has Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Designed the Perfect Model Off-Duty Jeans?

As a model turned actress turned lingerie entrepreneur, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is used to taking on new challenges. But her latest debut has her stretching far beyond her comfort zone and into what may be her most anticipated role to date: denim designer. Joining forces with Paige Denim founder Paige Adams-Geller on the newly announced RosieHW Paige collection, Huntington-Whiteley channels her celebrated personal style into pieces that reflect the laid-back yet luxe look she’s known for.

The design collaboration represents a first for both women, who began working together when Huntington-Whiteley became the face of the brand two years ago. For Huntington-Whiteley the progression from starring in ads to art directing them was a natural one. “It’s a dream come true, as gushy as that sounds—truthfully it’s been something that I’ve always dreamt of doing,” said Huntington-Whiteley, on the phone from Los Angeles. “[Designing] was a natural position to be in, and I felt confident having Paige there by my side the whole way. Her expertise, coupled with my vision and dreams for the collection, was really what was exciting about working on it together as a team.”

For Adams-Geller (a pioneer in the denim industry and one of its few female founders), collaborating with Huntington-Whiteley required not just an admiration of her style but a degree of trust. “I wanted to work with someone who I felt would authentically be a good fit. In the past we’ve been asked to do some collaborations that I was a little scared of; I thought maybe their design aesthetic would be too different from my own and it wouldn’t be comfortable,” says Adams-Geller. “When Rosie and I started working together, with her being the face of the brand, everything was so symbiotic, we clicked so authentically. She’s always been on my inspiration board as someone I’ve appreciated for her effortless, casual style, but working together, I saw her incredible attention to detail and knowledge.”

The 17-piece capsule collection includes everything from sleek, on-trend flares to one-shouldered jumpsuits, all of which are intended to transition seamlessly from day to night, as well as to capture both the charm of Huntington-Whiteley’s famed airport style moments and her particular blend of London meets SoCal glamour. “We’ve got some really fun fabrics—the frayed denim and the metallic fabrics that add a bit more of a glam evening feel to the collection,” says Huntington-Whiteley. “It was really about honing in on what I love about denim.” And as a jeans devotee (“denim is the basis of nearly all of my outfits day to day,” she says), Huntington-Whiteley used the experience to make her dream jeans a reality. The flattering, figure-hugging dropped yoke styles seem destined to sell out, but for now, the star is most excited by the prospect of her pieces becoming future wardrobe staples. Says the star, “It was all about designing everyday pieces that were relaxed yet polished, cool, and a little glam—basics that I would go back to again and again.”

source: vogue.com