Fernanda Tavares

Guest MissIsabella

(from SI.com)

Fernanda Tavares

Pop Culture Q&A

First album you bought?

Rita Lee (Brazilian rock singer.)

First concert you attended?

When I was little I saw Domino, a boy band in Brazil (I used to love them!) After tha,t Caetano Veloso in New York. He is great!

Rock star that you know?

Anthony Kiedis.

Rock star you want to know?

I am such a big fan of Pearl Jam. So I guess I would want to meet the whole band.

Gnarls Barkley is...

OK

Britney Spears is...

Smart to divorce that "I wanna be famous" guy.

K-Fed is...

An opportunist.

When I sing karaoke...

I am a disaster, but I have a lot of fun...

Song that reminds you of your first kiss?

Any Rita Lee song. She's my favorite Brazilian singer. It's not that she reminds me of my first kiss or my first boyfriend, but since it all happened around the same time (first CD, first kiss), now it made me think about it.

Song that makes you cry?

I feel like crying when I see Ed Veder singing Indifference with Ben Harper on his DVD Live in the Garden. That's amazing!

What you wanted to be at age 10?

A grade school teacher.

Athlete that you want to know?

"The King" Pelé

I'll spend Valentine's Day...

At the SI Swimsuit Party with great company.

What attracts you to a man?

It's nice when a man is polite, funny and doesn't show off.

Quick bits

BORN: Natal, Rio Grande de Norte, Brazil

DISCOVERED: Fernanda was appearing on Brazilian television shows at the age of nine and won the "Elite Look of the Year" contest at 13. A year later she was invited by agents to go to Sao Paulo to pursue a modeling career.

SI RÉSUMÉ: This is Fernanda's second appearance (2001) in the Swimsuit Issue.

DID YOU KNOW? Fernanda is a VJ for MTV Brasil and hosts Missão MTV, a show modeled after Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

also from SI.com

Fernanda's Playlist

Indifference - Pearl Jam

F-Stop Blues - Jack Johnson

Wave - Tom Jobim

Sexual Healing - Ben Harper

Ainda Lembro - Marisa Monte

Yesterday - The Beatles

I Need A Man to Love - Janis Joplin

Faz Parte do meu Show - Cazuza

Wicked Game - Chris Isack

Meia Lua - Caetano Veloso

Fernanda's fresh news!

(original new from terra.com)

Murilo Rosa e Fernanda Tavares trocam alianças de compromisso

Juntos desde 2004, a modelo Fernanda Tavares e o ator Murilo Rosa circulam com uma aliança de ouro branco na mão direita.

A modelo posou para a Contigo! e contou: "É de compromisso". Aos 26 anos, Fernanda diz que quer ser mãe antes dos 30. "Esta é a única certeza que tenho, nunca pensei em me casar na igreja. Se bobear, acordo e digo: 'Quero me casar'".

À publicação, a top conta que desde o ano passado trocou Nova York por São Paulo, de onde só sai para cumprir agenda ou visitar o namorado, no Rio. Fernanda acabou de filmar a comédia policial francesa Gomez Contre Tavarès, sua estréia na telona.

Translated:

Murilo Rosa & Fernanda Tavares are engaged.

Together since 2004, the model Fernanda Tavares and the actor Murilo Rosa are using a white gold ring in the right hand.

The model posed for the magazine Contigo! and told: "It's an engagement ring." At the age of 26, Fernanda says that she wants to be a mother before 30. "This is my only sure, I never tought in get marry by the church. If I go crazy, I wake up and say: "I wanna get marry".

In the magazine,the top tells that since last year she changed New York for Sao Paulo, where she only get out for doing her agenda or to visit her boyfriend. Fernanda was just finished shooting the french policial comedy Gomez Contre Tavarès, her first role in the cinema.