Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

Interview via sore on tFS:

German tabloid "In" has an interview with her this week. It's labeled as "beauty talk", there's not much news, but it's a nice quick read nevertheless.

Here's my [sore's] (sometimes loose) translation:

(It's two pages, but except for two very small behind the scene shots from L'Oréal, there are no new pictures, so I didn't scan them.)

As a model, your hair is often being styled. What is your beauty routine for your hair?

When I'm not working, I try to touch my hair as little as possible, because it is constantly being styled every day. When many products are used at shoots, I always have to wash them out afterwards. Otherwise I only wash my hair every two or three days. If you believe it or not, my favorite shampoo, the one I've grown up with and the one we always used [at home], is exactly the yellow "Elvital" shampoo. It really is a funny coincidence that I'm in the ad campaign now!

Which was the first beauty tip you have ever been given by a professional make-up artist?

Don't brush your hair too much!

And by your mother?

Having grown up partly in Athens, my mum always forced us to apply sun protection face cream in the morning. I think this saved my skin!

Which products do you always carry in your purse?

Lip balm! Absolutely always, my lips are super dry.

How do you prepare for a job?

I go for a run if I can. I always feel better mentally after I've worked out. If not, I try to sleep a lot beforehand.

What do you do when you have a job in the morning, but the night before was way too short?

Mh, there's only one solution here: make-up. If I look really bad, maybe a facecloth with ice cold water.

What are your favorite make-up and hair looks during the day and for night outs?

I really love wearing open, unbrushed hair and mascara. For big events I'll maybe also go for a bit of eyeliner.

What is your favorite fragrance?

During the day I only wear deodorant, for evenings I love "Versense" by Versace or "Omnia" by Bulgari.

Do you have a model icon?

Oh yes, I do! I adore Christy Turlington!

How would you describe your own look?

Most of the time it's simple and a little cool. On vacation and in summer I can also be a little hippie sometimes.

What is an absolute beauty 'no go' in your opinion?

I find it unnecessary to pluck your eyebrows too much. I love broad eyebrows, even though I almost don't have any eyebrows at all and even though mine are constantly being bleached.

You have amazing skin, how do you take care of it?

When being styled by make-up artists, I always look out for certain products to be used. Also, boring, but true: always remove your make-up, don't use too much make-up in private, don't smoke, don't drink too much alcohol and always drink a lot of water!

We know where Toni will be during Fashion Night Out on Thursday:

DKNY Party Hosted by Lauren Bush Lauren and Karlie Kloss.

There is so much good stuff going on at DKNY's Soho store on FNO that I don't even know where to start. First off, Kloss (i.e. the nicest person on the planet), partnered up with Momofuku Milk Bar to bake Karlie's Kookies, a line of delicious treats that will be served by Kloss and her supermodel best friends, Jordan Dunn and Toni Garrn. Lauren Bush Lauren will also be on hand to debut the DKNY x FEED capsule collection. Proceeds from the cookies and event sales will benefit Lauren's FEED Foundation—which provides school meals to children around the world. Sugar, supermodels, and supporting a good cause? I can't think of anything better than that. 420 West Broadway, 6—10pm

www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2012/09/fashions-night-out-the-top-beauty-spots-in-nyc