Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

via sore on tFS:

She does sound a bit snobby indeed. I don't understand why she still hasn't learned how to talk to the media, oh well.

My translation:

Where are you right now?
In New York because I had a job here on the weekend. Before that I was in Sweden and I'll have to be in LA in a couple of days.

How much do you travel?
Depends on the month. In February, March, September and October are Fashion Weeks. If I do them all, I'm in NY, London, Paris and Milan for a week each. And I got shootings in between. Most of the time I'm around two or three days per week and on a flight each week. There's no routine. I live every day just as it comes.
(Seriously, you haven't done a full fashion month in ages, I don't know why she mentions it at all.)

Sounds exciting - and exhausting!
I love it and I've been living like this since I turned 14. It was difficult at school, I had to make decisions in favor of a German exam and against Italian Vogue. But I knew: Once I'm 18, I can move to NYC and live as spontaneously as I want to. I'm used to making me feel at home every day anew, and I feel at home in almost every plane or hotel. 

Do you have special rituals when traveling?
At the check-in in my hotel I always ask: Where's the gym? How can I use Wifi? Until when can I have breakfast? Then I go to my room, open the window, throw the blanket off the bed. There gotta be enough pillows. And if there's no minibar, I order something right away. 

How do you work out in the hotel gym?
After traveling for a long time, I do something slow - Pilates or Yoga. Otherwise I run on the treadmill. And I do a lot of planks. I can do emails meanwhile or watch series on my tablet.
(I seriously believe that if you're able to do mails while working out, you're not doing it right, but maybe that's just me.) 

How has your way of traveling changed over the years?
I plan everything very precisely because I don't appreciate sitting around unnecessarily. Luckily I got a lot of miles, I always check in at the First Class counter. I'm at the security gate within five minutes. What's the name of this movie with George Clooney again?

Up in the air?
Exactly. There he says that he avoids queues and children - I do the same thing. Families and tourists normally don't know where to do what. I always go to the business men with their small suitcases, they are a lot faster. Then I run to the lounge, there's WiFi and I can work on my computer and call people. I'm only at the gate when the boarding is almost done, I'm always the last person to board. 

What do you do to make flying more bearable?
I have a very soft sleep mask. A huge cashmere scarf I can use as hood, hat, blanket and for everything at the same time. And packaged miso soups.

Why is that?
It might sound weird, but I love miso soups. Whenever I'm not that hungry but need to eat something, I ask for hot water and a bowl on the plane. It calms me way better than every sleeping pill - and it's very, very healthy.

What's your perfect outfit for traveling?
When I have to go to the studio straight from the airport, I often wear my pyjamas or work out pants and a hoody; otherwise boyfriend jeans or leather leggings. My travel days are business days most of the time where I have to check on a lot of things. I don't want to be disturbed while doing this, this is why I'm always very underdressed.

What's in your suitcase?
A lot of times I don't know how long I'm going to stay, so I always travel with a suitcase for at least a week. There's everything in it, from evening gown to bikini to workout gear. Often I go back after one day already, that's a bit annoying, but it's better than re-buying everything, I used to do this a while ago.

You've been photographed in a lot of private situations lately, partly due to your relationship. Has your way of packing changed? 
No. As a model, I got photographed in clothes I don't like on a daily basis. In my free time, I want to wear what I like. I love clothes, I got my own style. Sometimes pap pics emerge that I don't find very beautiful. But I can't change it.

Traveling a lot also means not seeing your friends and family for a long time. How do you feel close to each other despite of the distance?
It's not easy. You gotta skype a lot, use facetime, take your time. A lot of my friends have a similar life, they understand. My family had to learn to deal with the fact that I don't know if I'll make it to a birthday for example.

Did relationships end because of your job?
No. But you have to be aware of your priorities. I've cancelled a lot of jobs because of my private life, that's very important. If I'm not happy, I won't be able to work anymore at some point. 

There's more, but most of the questions have been asked before and I'm running out of time now.

Lots of new social media pics in this video Toni just posted:

https://igcdn-videos-h-5-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t50.2886-16/10879945_1563429077225745_808849711_n.mp4

This year went by way too fast..

instagram.com/toni_garrn

Some caps by queen_toni_garrn on instagram:

Two more by queen_toni_garrn and chihiro08642:

post-58295-0-1446434532-99622_thumb.jpg post-58295-0-1446434533-0205_thumb.jpg