Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

Kudos to sore on tFS for this translation:

I quickly translated the Gala article.

My Mum, the manager

Gala exclusive: Topmodel Toni Garrn will be represented by her Mum from now on. Will this concept work?

Blood is thicker than water, they say. This seems to be true for Toni Garrn as well. The 21 year old has canceled her contract with the renowned agency Mega Models which has been representing her since 2009 and has made her an international fashion star. Anja Garrn will be responsible for her daughter's German management with immediate effect, as she confirms to Gala. With her Hamburg based agency AJG Model Support, Anja Garrn will manage all national bookings, coordinate appointments and be in charge of press inquiries from now on. 
How does the business school graduate qualify for this post? She is tough, ambitious and business-minded, people close to the family say. And she has, of course, gained a lot of experience through her topmodel daughter in the last years: Since Toni was scouted at only 14, her mother has always been with her as adviser. With her beautiful daughter's level of popularity constantly rising, it didn't take long until her role wasn't just that of a caring mum and custodian any more - it turned into a real job. For more than four years, Anja Garrn has been the full-time manager of her multi-million dollar offspring's finances. Through her own agency, she has now a hand in her daughter's worldwide business. 

Combining private life and business can often hit a nerve. This is not the case with the Garrns. Anja, who has been living estranged from Toni's father for years, is Toni's most important role model / attachment figure. She sets a high value on family bonds. For example, Toni, who lives in New York most of the time, and her brother Niklas share an apartment in Hamburg-Eppendorf. Anja Garrn herself, by the way, has moved to a 250 square meter condo in nearby Winterhude. 
The idea of managing her daughter could be a success. After all, there is a good example for this kind of constellation between parent and child. [A few sentences about Heidi Klum who is managed by her father; not worth translating.]
Toni's relationship to Leo could also be a boost for her career. Even though he seems non-commital when it comes to love matters, Anja Garrn gave her blessings to the relationship. She met Leo's mother Irmelin some time ago, they get along well. A source who is close to the family didn't want to confirm rumors about the actor and Toni being separated that were spread recently: "The two of them are still a couple."
---

Yeah, I don't know. A 250 square meter condo in Winterhude is incredibly expensive. I totally love it when successful children support their parents, but Anja's 'job' must pay A LOT and makes me suspicious. I don't want Toni to be the cash cow.